Author Topic: Dillinger's Wake Feedback  (Read 2449 times)

Offline Frodo

• Platinum Member
Re: Dillinger's Wake Feedback
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2017, 11:34:32 AM »
The F6F vs KI84 & Nik, the pilot has to know what he is doing in the F6F.

The KI84 & NIK vs the P38s & F4Us, is much better for the average pilot.

The P38s and F4Us run away from the KI61 at will.

I am also in favor of no points. FSO used to be about the fight, not who has the best score.

Also think an early war plane set would be fun in a Japanese vs Russia set up.

:cheers:

JG11 

TEAMWORK IS ESSENTIAL....IT GIVES THE ENEMY SOMEONE ELSE TO SHOOT AT.

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2017, 11:44:28 AM »

I do like that idea.  :aok

I am also in favor of no points.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2017, 03:12:17 PM »
I do like that idea.  :aok
For the rest of the game too. Points! Hehe.

Now Pints! That I could warm up to!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2017, 03:29:55 PM »

I am also in favor of no points. FSO used to be about the fight, not who has the best score.

I have always played for the death and destruction.  The focus on points wears me out... :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2017, 09:21:20 PM »
to me the fso has always been about the mission. its never been about fights. that's what the bbs and the MA is for. its about immersion, to accomplish a common goal.

using points is just a way to measure an accomplishment. if you ask me, the side with the LEAST deaths would be the winner no matter what the targets. war is always measured in human lives.

I like to sneak in, bomb a target and get home without a fight. fighters are whats in my way to accomplish my mission. we kill other planes to stop them from accomplishing their missions, not because we need the fight. engaging in a fight means the possibility of not making it back, again that's a life.

maybe we should try least lost lives wins, see how many would be willing to fight then?

as for bombing in manual mode--we've done it in the fso many times. saying im going to withdraw my squad because if it? really? how about embracing a challenge and getting the job done. JG54 has pretty good success with both manual and MA Mode bombing. we pride ourselves on getting the job done, no matter what it is, not running away from a challenge with our skirts hiked up.

my 2 cents. flame away!!

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2017, 02:03:12 AM »
What I was getting around to Dantoo is that when either side is the only one that has to fly bombers then they should be unfettered in how they get this job done.  Since we already know what the bombers have to hit and roughly when the bombers have to hit it by, adding an altitude cap is like putting gift wrap on the bombers considering the caliber of players we have in this community.

Oh yeah, I agree with you and all your original points.  I was trying to make clear a further point that making it harder to fly bombers, than now, is a certainty to bring on another exodus of players.
It can be a thankless task to be buff driver but at least you have the satisfaction of knowing you make a difference when you get through....that is unless- there are not enough points at the target to justify the flight, or a guarantee through server settings that very few will hit the target at all.  It drags that last tiny little bit of fun out of the game knowing that you are just wasting your effort by even logging on.

May as well get volunteers to arse about in goons and provide target practice.

I particularly dislike artificial constraints (especially when they are brought in just to make one side into useless sitting ducks).
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline WxMan

• Nickel Member
      • Arabian Knights
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2017, 06:08:32 AM »
to me the fso has always been about the mission. its never been about fights. that's what the bbs and the MA is for. its about immersion, to accomplish a common goal.

using points is just a way to measure an accomplishment. if you ask me, the side with the LEAST deaths would be the winner no matter what the targets. war is always measured in human lives.

I like to sneak in, bomb a target and get home without a fight. fighters are what's in my way to accomplish my mission. we kill other planes to stop them from accomplishing their missions, not because we need the fight. engaging in a fight means the possibility of not making it back, again that's a life.

maybe we should try least lost lives wins, see how many would be willing to fight then?

as for bombing in manual mode--we've done it in the fso many times. saying I'm going to withdraw my squad because if it? really? how about embracing a challenge and getting the job done. JG54 has pretty good success with both manual and MA Mode bombing. we pride ourselves on getting the job done, no matter what it is, not running away from a challenge with our skirts hiked up.

my 2 cents. flame away!!

:aok :aok
AKWxMan
Arabian Knights

"The money you payed earns you nothing. You paid for many hours of entertainment you received, and nothing more." - HiTech

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: May 25, 2017, 09:25:21 AM »
F4U and KI61 an even match???? Come on now if a hog loses that fight it's because the KI61 is just a flat out better stick.

Ki84 and N1Ks vs Hogs and Hellcats is a better fighter matchup.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2017, 09:50:45 PM »
"saying im going to withdraw my squad because if it? really?"

Yep. Really.  And guess what?  I have no difficulty doing bombing however it's setup.  It's not about me, not at all.
I have 73,110.06 (yeah .06) bomber perks which indicates at least a passing interest in bombing.

I am taking your advice however "embracing the challenge and getting the job done".  The challenge for me is to keep people interested in FSO and the quickest way to kill that interest is to build into it ways to stop people having fun.  Lack of enjoyment = lack of players.

The FSO formula (for some reason) sees at least one side attacking ground targets every week.  This is usually done by using bombers of one form or another.  It doesn't matter a hoot whether I personally enjoy flying them (I do), it does matter however that enough people enjoy the task they are given, to encourage them to roll up this week, next week and the many weeks to follow.

There are many more that don't like flying bombers than do.  Sad fact of life.    When you task somebody in FSO you should incorporate a chance for both success and survival.

Look at the complaints lodged about this last FSO.  The Buff drivers had a strong chance of survival in the B24s (not so much the 25s) but what was the enjoyment quotient at not having sufficient targets to hit?  How hard is it come up with a score system that gives more targets but shuffles up about the same amount of points?  (Genuine question).

Now, let's look at the B25s.  Did they ever get through?  If somebody did get there imagine the joy untold for the poor pilot who after using every skill and riding amazing luck now has to slow down, make a straight and level approach, stop defending himself while he beggars around with an unnecessary pita that causes him to miss the target anyway?  Lets add in some wind just to make it impossible!

Where is the fun of that??  Really.  Where??

For years we've had the problem of whole squads just not rolling up on game day because they get the "suicide ride".

I'm laying it straight, putting it up front and making it easier for the planners. Super-calibration-fragile-ballistic-over-new-caledonia  will trigger me to keep the squad happy by declaring a month's holiday.  We haven't had one in more than a decade, probably longer.

I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2017, 10:09:40 PM »
Super-calibration-fragile-ballistic-over-new-caledonia 

:rofl
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2017, 03:16:31 PM »
All bombing in FSO is only auto. No manual calibration anymore in any FSO.
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2017, 03:41:38 PM »
Thank you Sir!  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2017, 01:27:02 AM »

I just resemble your sig!

HiTech

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2017, 07:24:30 PM »
I guess the weinies have, in fact, taken over. no such thing as a challenge anymore. its all about easy. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

please get htc to figure out how to warp the planes so we don't have to really fly them either. and then maybe figure out how to use AI so we don't have to think about combat, but just win our dogfights. and make sure autoland is engage also. I don't want to have to push a button to extend landing gear.

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #29 on: May 29, 2017, 12:45:06 AM »
I guess the weinies have, in fact, taken over. no such thing as a challenge anymore. its all about easy. I guess I shouldn't be surprised.

please get htc to figure out how to warp the planes so we don't have to really fly them either. and then maybe figure out how to use AI so we don't have to think about combat, but just win our dogfights. and make sure autoland is engage also. I don't want to have to push a button to extend landing gear.

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl  but I do know what you mean!!!! Why do people have to complain, because they might have to use their head? Someone tell me!!! :cheers: :salute
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11