Author Topic: Anyone know the spec on the CH Products Potentiometer?  (Read 3361 times)

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
Re: Anyone know the spec on the CH Products Potentiometer?
« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2017, 04:18:07 PM »
Easyscor this happened to me also. I opened it and twist around the pots and put it back in. It was working well after that. For some reason it's the aileron pots that keeps going off a bit. From time to time it does not want to center properly with the knob. So I just open it and tighten it up and good to go for couple months.

That's apparently the fix. The spiking is gone for now but I don't use the stick enough to keep it clean. I expect I'll need the same regular maintenance.
I haven't found time to check the locals stores yet, Frys is on the far side of Sacramento.
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2017, 04:43:49 PM »
About every 2-3 months I have to open the stick and tighten the aileron pots. The elevator pots are not a problem. It just seem to be the aileron pots the keeps giving the spike issues.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline asterix

• Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2017, 12:46:18 AM »
One trick I have heard people use successfully to cure a spiking pot problem at least on an RC transmitter gimbal is to open it up, clean the slider plate and contacts and cover the slider with graphite by using a regular (soft) pencil. I have not tried this myself but if people do this and fly their RC model with it then it should work to some extent. Do not know if this is supposed to work on some particular type of pots etc.
Win 7 Pro 64, AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ 3,0 GHz, Asus M2N mobo, refurbished Gigabyte GeForce GTX 960 GV-N960IXOC-2GD 2GB, Corsair XMS2 4x2GB 800MHz DDR2, Seagate BarraCuda 7200.10 ST3160815AS 160GB 7200 RPM HDD, Thermaltake Smart 430W