Author Topic: New clouds have grid lines  (Read 583 times)

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
New clouds have grid lines
« on: May 31, 2017, 12:04:13 PM »
New clouds look great but they have grid lines through them.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: New clouds have grid lines
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2017, 06:03:59 PM »
A couple of screenshots showing the problem.

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2017, 06:56:14 PM »
Ack-Ack,

Your screen shots show an intense whiteout feature, cav described grid lines???

Cav, when you say grid lines, are you seeing a dark shadow line defining each of the smaller cloud parts that make up a larger cloud. Like someone drew a series of lines completely around a sponge making it look like the sponge is a collection of smaller sponges pushed together?   
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2017, 07:14:37 PM »
Ack-Ack,

The white washout also appeared with this update but you can also see the grid line through the whitewash and also in the 2nd screenshot.

"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2017, 07:21:16 PM »
Ack-Ack,

Cav, when you say grid lines, are you seeing a dark shadow line defining each of the smaller cloud parts that make up a larger cloud. Like someone drew a series of lines completely around a sponge making it look like the sponge is a collection of smaller sponges pushed together?

As depicted in both photo's, I am seeing grey lines intercepting one another at 90 degree angles.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2017, 07:58:43 PM »
I looked at your bmps again Ack-Ack but had to reduce the luminosity on each bmp by 85% to see a large black grid system. I tried the same on some of my screen captures of testing the cloud editor for this latest patch. I can not reproduce the grid lines. My video card is a GTX760 playing the game in DX9, what cards are you and Cav using?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2017, 08:06:19 PM »

I7

16gb ram
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2017, 08:15:35 PM »
If Ack is using a 1000 series card, maybe it's a series issue....are you playing with the DX9 or DX11 executable.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2017, 08:17:42 PM »

Here you can see the lines.

Bur really, it's the white disk as a whole that looks awful. Please fix this ASAP. If the intention of revamping the cloud system was to improve the visual aesthetics, this is a huge step back.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2017, 08:53:07 PM »
That looks like a stratus layer "over illuminating" from the light source called the sun in our AH3 graphic engine. It does not look like Hitech placed a full on weather system into that terrain's arena yet like I was testing offline today with my terrain BowlMA since I have to replace the one I created with the old cloud editor. In his instructions for the new could editor he said not to place layers over each other. So I do not have an arena covering stratus layer over my weather system I'm testing. I suspect the real bug here is the over illumination response by that single stratus layer covering the arena.

Got Clouds??

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2017, 09:00:34 PM »
Something's definitely off.  I have an RX480 and it looks just like the screenshot Devil posted.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2017, 09:50:43 PM »
Same  gtx 960
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline TerryRF

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: May 31, 2017, 11:00:02 PM »
I flew into clouds today for the first time since update and observed the gridlines and an area of the clouds that looked like blocks. Also when I flew into the clouds my fps dropped immediately from 120 plus to 22 - 26 or so. After leaving clouds fps back to 120+. Map was Montis.

GTX 1070, i7 3.7 ghz cpu, 16 G ram. Win 7 Pro. Was running DX 9.exe. Vsync on in AH. Vsync set to Fast in Nvidea Control Panel.

Offline toddbobe

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: May 31, 2017, 11:18:34 PM »
I thought that disk cloud was an independence day ship. I was waiting for its main gun port to open so I could fly into the beam.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2017, 11:52:31 PM »
I Have lines.