Author Topic: RPS + perks in one proposal  (Read 11221 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: RPS + perks in one proposal
« Reply #60 on: June 01, 2017, 06:36:01 PM »
If you make it opt-in only, it would remove all the troubles with the RPS idea. All you need to do is add incentive and thus (farming perk points) fills the void for these type of players.

It would be no different then having easy mode or combat trim enabled/disabled like we have now.

A game within a game, to say.

....and why would anyone opt in?

New guys dont have the perks, and old guys dont need the perks. There is no incentive for anyone to use the system.

Thankfully, we wont EVER see a RPS in AH. It doesn't work for the masses. It has been proven before.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #61 on: June 01, 2017, 06:37:43 PM »
Yes AH is a massive arena..... and it can be a WW2 massive arena with a historical background, doesn't that sound better as a concept ?

The front page 'Welcome to the best WW2 combat experience' would ring with a strength of thousand bells.

People would come and say  'WOW ! I never knew a game like this existed, why haven't I heard of it before?'   

:airplane:

why not helping us increase the numbers by having an account instead of the 2 free weeks.  then you can come and enlighted every about how you could save the game

semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #62 on: June 01, 2017, 07:01:37 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 06:34:48 AM by Skuzzy »
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: June 01, 2017, 07:35:57 PM »
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 06:35:23 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #64 on: June 02, 2017, 01:22:22 AM »
Guys you have to remember that changes can bring in more players......along with steam AH can once again see 300-500 arena players.

If you like the game now, i see no reason why you wouldn't like it if it would play even more fun.

It's a win-win for everyone, HTC because he gets more players and players old and new alike, because they get to play a even better game.

Will it be different to what it is now?  Somewhat, but the core of the game remains the same, you would play the same game you knew and loved for years but with a twist.

Even old players would re-subscribe to check out the new gameplay and maybe they would stay again, because the game now could hook them for a longer time.

Gameplay change is a solution to draw in a new crowd and re-subscribe the old crowd, the only ones are in the hardest opposition currently I see are the old crowd who are currently subscribed...

The the old crowd who are subscribed - you loose nothing out of this, you only gain together with HTC, as the game moves forward and expands, move with it together and help it grow, you are not being left out, you are foundation block of AH as you were standing there like a wall for many years, in the future as in the past, you were here for past 17 years and you can still be here for the next 17 years, but for this there need to be a new blood also, you need to make more space available now to new people, new type of crowd, everyone can co-exist together in what AH can become. AH NEEDS YOU :salute

I see nothing but only positives that can come out of this.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 01:47:23 AM by nugetx »

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #65 on: June 02, 2017, 01:48:33 AM »
Guys you have to remember that changes can bring in more players......along with steam AH can once again see 300-500 arena players.

Yes, changes to the game play do have a potential to bring in new players, it also has the potential of driving players away from the game as well.

If you like the game now, i see no reason why you wouldn't like it if it would play even more fun.

I am all for adjusting the game play if it benefits the game, however, your idea doesn't.  No matter how you twist it, a RPS system isn't good for game play in the Melee Arena, where the game is an open world sand box.

It's a win-win for everyone, HTC because he gets more players and players old and new alike, because they get to play a even better game.

It's not a win-win for everyone.  A RPS system will not make AH a better game, it will turn it into a virtual ghost town.

Will it be different to what it is now?  Somewhat, but the core of the game remains the same, you would play the same game you knew and loved for years but with a twist.

No, the core game play will not remain the same.  It will promote even more timid flying as players flying tend to avoid combat more in order to preserve their perks and ride.

Even old players would re-subscribe to check out the new gameplay and maybe they would stay again, because the game now could hook them for a longer time.

You might get a handful but I doubt they'd stay for very long if forced to play under a RPS system.  Remember that a lot of these old time players also played WB and remember how much the RPS messed up that game and left.

Gameplay change is a solution to draw in a new crowd and re-subscribe the old crowd, the only ones are in the hardest opposition currently I see are the old crowd who are currently subscribed...

Some of us have been playing these sort of games for 20+ years (I started in AW DOS back in '94) and have seen ideas like yours implemented in some sort of fashion and seen first hand how these changes have failed and in some cases led to large number of players leaving.  Your idea isn't new or revolutionary and as evidence from other games, not likely to succeed as well.

The the old crowd who is subscribed - you loose nothing out of this, you only gain together with HTC

I see nothing but only positives that can come out of this.

No, you're wrong.  The "old crowd" does have something to lose, as does HTC and that's watching more players leave because of a bad decision to change the game to a RPS system.
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #66 on: June 02, 2017, 01:58:49 AM »
Yes, changes to the game play do have a potential to bring in new players, it also has the potential of driving players away from the game as well.

True, that's why they have to be smart changes.

I am all for adjusting the game play if it benefits the game, however, your idea doesn't.  No matter how you twist it, a RPS system isn't good for game play in the Melee Arena, where the game is an open world sand box.

This is just an idea of what can be done...... i'm all for changes for the better..... i'm not saying the RPS is a perfect solution, but i'm not seeing other ideas currently discussed, so I made one.

No, the core game play will not remain the same.  It will promote even more timid flying as players flying tend to avoid combat more in order to preserve their perks and ride.

On one hand this is true, but on the other hand you would get offensive players that want to go for that kill no matter what, it all balances out and you would get a thrill of excitement knowing that something might go very right......or very wrong, a new type of factor would be introduced, you would have a sense of accomplishment returning to a field with kills with a purpose, or sense of dread loosing it all and then you would have to start and repeat it again.
This is what online games are about, re-starting and re-playing it again and again, that's how players are hooked for a long time, 1 in every 50 times if you would get that uber plane, you could be 'dominating' in the arena for a short period of time, but then every player would try to hunt you down, because you would be worth the most points in the game.

There could even be a live in-game top 10 aces list, with their planes and points, so people know who to hunt for or avoid.

This would really bring  the 'Aces' into Aces High

Your idea isn't new or revolutionary and as evidence from other games, not likely to succeed as well.

I'm not saying it is though, but AH is currently in category of its own as there are no copycat games, and for example having RPS+perks as a combination was never done in any flight sim before, not saying -it is- the perfect solution, it's just one of possible solutions, but AH has a chance in the industry to be revolutionary once again.
I see the potential of what AH can become, and i'd like to see this potential become reality.
Steam now is a great time for those changes, it will potentialy decide the future of AH, as an member of the old joysticks you need to help HTC in that transition.

No, you're wrong.  The "old crowd" does have something to lose, as does HTC and that's watching more players leave because of a bad decision to change the game to a RPS system.

That's why the change has to be a smart one, to move the game forward and not back, so the old crowd remains and new subscribes.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 02:51:59 AM by nugetx »

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #67 on: June 02, 2017, 02:58:04 AM »
Nugetx 
not long ago you wrote this...
'Hello, I would like to get into this game but there are a few points which prevent me from doing so, Dear Developers, help me help you make some money...'
Steam etc...
What I would like to ask is how come you think you are so knowledgeable about this game if you only got 2weeks free and are waiting to play when it comes out on steam and you can use  your paycard thing..
How much playing of Aces High have you actually done? whats your ingame name?
With all due respect
Jimmy
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #68 on: June 02, 2017, 03:02:50 AM »

What I would like to ask is how come you think you are so knowledgeable about this game if you only got 2weeks free and are waiting to play when it comes out on steam and you can use  your paycard thing..

True i'm not knowledgeable a lot about this game, but there are things about a game, call it 'first impression' that you get instantly, and those are my impressions after playing the trial.

I acknowledge the game for what it is, but I also see the potential that there is but is not being used, that's where the ideas come from.

I will still play the game in current state when it is on Steam, it's just I know it can be even better.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 03:11:55 AM by nugetx »

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #69 on: June 02, 2017, 03:08:10 AM »
And there me Lord .. I rest my case..

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #70 on: June 02, 2017, 03:25:25 AM »
And there me Lord .. I rest my case..

I will post the ad that was posted in other thread

Now think about the current gameplay...... and compare  it to the gameplay idea of what was posted in this thread and especialy my last post with having in-game top 10 aces list where you can see their top plane and points...

Which style of gameplay fits more to this ad ?

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2017, 03:33:16 AM »
Hell, even without AvA and realistic map,  the RPS+perks would instantly make the game something more special.

It's like RPS+perks is a match made in heaven for the current 3 side OMA.

Can you be an ace in a day?  Can you get that uber plane in 1 day and become the top ace on the list ? Can you hunt down the top player and get all his points ?

Aren't you getting excited yet ?  I AM !
« Last Edit: June 02, 2017, 03:41:12 AM by nugetx »

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #72 on: June 02, 2017, 03:40:48 AM »
Play the game for a year then you will ..maybe.. understand

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #73 on: June 02, 2017, 03:42:59 AM »
Play the game for a year then you will ..maybe.. understand

I have told my case, so now you tell me, what gameplay elements I will experience by that year that I haven't experienced by now

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: June 02, 2017, 03:54:07 AM »
Too many to list there are already so many variables to this game..the learning curve is steep.. every sortie is different
Lots to learn
Everyday is a schoolday