Author Topic: RPS + perks in one proposal  (Read 11094 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: RPS + perks in one proposal
« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2017, 03:49:50 PM »
But this is RPS v 2.0 lol with AH perks.

No really guys!  This time it will work!  Honest!

Oh yea forgot Spit I has no bombs... still strafing lighter targets is always an option, and there was plenty of strafing in WW2.

With .303s on anything larger than troops?  Oh yeah, heard about it all the time.

Your entire argument is entirely based on everything going spectacularly right for the new player.  That's not how it happens.  Your idea is similar to games like DayZ or Rust.  The guys with the gear get richer, the new guys without the gear get squashed over and over and over until they quit.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2017, 04:18:08 PM »
Wiley,

Think about something. This Frankensteinian monster happened because Hitech chose to post that he was seriously considering Steam since early April just after nuget posted his wish list about Steam. Unless this is a TROLL or a rigged coordination to see how the forum really feels about this subject, which it's keeping the responses honest and no kissing up to Hitech for favors yet. Nuget is not listening to anyone because he believes Hitech validated his position over anyone's in the forum. Otherwise all he has is Pie-in-the-Sky and no substance because of Hitech's posting in a coincidental time slot.

It's that old thing that never goes away, you saw it back when the Beatles first came to the US. One of the Beatles would touch some random girl's hand by accident and she wouldn't wash it for days because he touched her out of thousands of girls on that day. Back then she was the envy of other teenagers, her parents just told her to wash her hand and get over it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2017, 04:22:52 PM »

I see nothing of value anywhere in your proposal including the random numbers your are guessing at.

BTW, once again, what is your in-game name?

Cybro!   :old:  :rofl
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
325th VFG - "The Checkertails"
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: June 01, 2017, 04:25:41 PM »
Wiley,

Think about something. This Frankensteinian monster happened because Hitech chose to post that he was seriously considering Steam since early April just after nuget posted his wish list about Steam. Unless this is a TROLL or a rigged coordination to see how the forum really feels about this subject, which it's keeping the responses honest and no kissing up to Hitech for favors yet. Nuget is not listening to anyone because he believes Hitech validated his position over anyone's in the forum. Otherwise all he has is Pie-in-the-Sky and no substance because of Hitech's posting in a coincidental time slot.

It's that old thing that never goes away, you saw it back when the Beatles first came to the US. One of the Beatles would touch some random girl's hand by accident and she wouldn't wash it for days because he touched her out of thousands of girls on that day. Back then she was the envy of other teenagers, her parents just told her to wash her hand and get over it.

Meh.  I really don't care if he's trolling or not.  He's got ideas.  I'm explaining why they're not good.  Life will crush the optimism out of him eventually and he'll realize why you can't always assume the best when it comes to game design.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #49 on: June 01, 2017, 04:51:30 PM »
Wiley,

Steam since early April just after nuget posted his wish list about Steam.

Was before nuget posted.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: June 01, 2017, 04:56:33 PM »
And he's convinced you validated his wish list idea and is now back for the double whammie sales pitch of "you can be the first in the industry if you just try out my idea"....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2017, 05:02:41 PM »
And he's convinced you validated his wish list idea and is now back for the double whammie sales pitch of "you can be the first in the industry if you just try out my idea"....
I still have no idea (nor does anyone else) if it would generate many new accounts. But even if it only generates a 150 it will have been worth it. Most of the coding is also being written for the Oculus store front.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2017, 05:05:21 PM »
I still have no idea (nor does anyone else) if it would generate many new accounts. But even if it only generates a 150 it will have been worth it. Most of the coding is also being written for the Oculus store front.

LOL for a split second I thought you were talking about the RPS.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2017, 05:08:24 PM »

:aok

Here's to hoping for way more than 150.   :cheers:
”KILLER V”

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #54 on: June 01, 2017, 05:55:26 PM »
If you make it opt-in only, it would remove all the troubles with the RPS idea. All you need to do is add incentive and thus (farming perk points) fills the void for these type of players.

It would be no different then having easy mode or combat trim enabled/disabled like we have now.

A game within a game, to say.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #55 on: June 01, 2017, 05:59:02 PM »
There is a core reason we play this game, and what makes it fun.  If we forget the simple truth that AH is a massive arena that allows for a unparalleled combat experience, we are abandoning the core of the game.

Yes AH is a massive arena..... and it can be a WW2 massive arena with a historical background, doesn't that sound better as a concept ?

The front page 'Welcome to the best WW2 combat experience' would ring with a strength of thousand bells.

People would come and say  'WOW ! I never knew a game like this existed, why haven't I heard of it before?'   

:airplane:

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #56 on: June 01, 2017, 06:03:16 PM »
In order to win the war the last based must be taken/defended with EW planes    :old:

:rofl
”KILLER V”

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: June 01, 2017, 06:21:39 PM »
You guys are killing me  :rofl :rofl :rofl

If you want to play axis vs allies with a rolling plane set get with Jaeger or one of the other AXIS VS ALLIES ARENA STAFF and they will make your wish come true...This I am almost sure of...You guarantee them players they will find you a time with the arena settings you are wanting...

OTHER THAN THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SEE A ROLLING PLANE SET IN THE MELEE ARENA...

I hope you understand what I have been saying and others have been saying...We have a whole separate freaking arena for AvA...If you want a rolling plane set...Set with the AVA STAFF...If you want to continue with the idea that a RPS is what the game needs in the Melee arena...Well... :bhead
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: June 01, 2017, 06:22:12 PM »
Just have an AlliedvAxis arena like before on the side,

(pssss  its been done already , they know what they are doing..)
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #59 on: June 01, 2017, 06:23:04 PM »
You guys are killing me  :rofl :rofl :rofl

If you want to play axis vs allies with a rolling plane set get with Jaeger or one of the other AXIS VS ALLIES ARENA STAFF and they will make your wish come true...This I am almost sure of...You guarantee them players they will find you a time with the arena settings you are wanting...

OTHER THAN THAT YOU ARE NOT GOING TO SEE A ROLLING PLANE SET IN THE MELEE ARENA...

I hope you understand what I have been saying and others have been saying...We have a whole separate freaking arena for AvA...If you want a rolling plane set...Set with the AVA STAFF...If you want to continue with the idea that a RPS is what the game needs in the Melee arena...Well... :bhead

The settings in the AVA are not the same as the OMA.    Thus I am not interested.  I *AM* interested in an OMA with an RPS--which is completely different than an AVA with an RPS (and other settings).   :old:
”KILLER V”