Author Topic: The new ride  (Read 1556 times)

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
Re: The new ride
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2017, 11:07:20 AM »
With the tundra, a potential buyer look over all options and configurations.........there are so many and it's likely most dealership stock is narrowed down to two specific models out of many.

Colombo........that's totally acceptable mileage for the amount of work the truck is doing.

I like it.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2017, 11:10:00 AM »
Didn't even want the new L5P duramax huh :(
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2017, 11:12:18 AM »
With the tundra, a potential buyer look over all options and configurations.........there are so many and it's likely most dealership stock is narrowed down to two specific models out of many.

I got lucky when I was shopping. The dealer just happened to have the exact package I wanted, with all the features I wanted, in the color I wanted, in stock. I spent 4 hours getting the price down to what I wanted, but I got that too in the end :D

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2017, 12:41:33 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

2017 Silverado LTZ 2500HD 4x4 6.0 gas

Very nice... Borderline awesome.  :cheers:
"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline GScholz

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2017, 01:01:20 PM »
I wish toyota remembered how to make pickups smaller.

They still do, but you might have to import it yourself from Europe or somewhere...

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably."

Offline DaveJ

• Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2017, 02:16:24 PM »
Beauty! Congratulations on your new truck. Silverado's just have that look about them that is unique. You have a beast of an engine too.
~DaveyJ~
Jokers Jokers

Noseart

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2017, 07:22:56 PM »
Did you do any fishing while you were in Seward?

Nope.  Not a fishing type.  We did go to the aquarium, though!  Hiked up along the north side of the glacier, so that we could see the Harding Ice Field.

That was one of our best trips.  Flew to Juneau, from there to Gustavus and back, then to Anchorage, then to Kodiak and back, the drove down your way and across the Kenai.  And back.

After watching the Kodiak bears eating salmon, I decided that in the next life I think I'd rather come back as...something else...a possum, maybe....

- oldman

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2017, 09:29:29 PM »
I got lucky when I was shopping. The dealer just happened to have the exact package I wanted, with all the features I wanted, in the color I wanted, in stock.

That would have been awesome but I had to factory order mine.  The order got screwed up (not sure who pooched it up but it might have been me when I printed the option list), I wanted the trailering mirrors but when the order was put in it was for the standard mirrors.  I caught it when they sent me the build sheet so talked to the dealer, they said no problem we'll order the mirrors and put them on when the truck gets in which they did.  Picked the truck up and the mirror are not the power folding type (power folding is standard for an LTZ).  The dealer wasn't aware that GM offered power folding trailering mirrors (WTF?!).  We had a short, polite discussion and they are now better educated on the options available. :)  The correct mirrors have been ordered and the dealer is picking up the cost difference.

I had the truck back in for a protective treatment on the seats and when they ran the passenger side seatback all the way forward the motor froze locking the seat in that position.   I had to laugh, I had literally just finished the discussion about the mirrors when the service guy called and told me about the seat. They overnighted the parts up and got it fixed ASAP.

It's a bit off putting the way everyone asks for a "completely satisfied" rating on the survey "it's the only thing that the boss accepts" "my job depends on it".  I would starve as a salesman because I just can't grovel to get someone's approval.   
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2017, 09:33:40 PM »

Colombo........that's totally acceptable mileage for the amount of work the truck is doing.

I like it.

Yeah, no complaints here.  Some of the other makes are getting better mileage and are putting out a bit more HP and torque but the Chevy 6.0 is a great engine, pretty much trouble free and real world equals or betters it's competitors when it's time to get work done.  My '07 1500 has the Vortex Max 6.0, I've got 176000 miles on it now and have had zero issues with it, it still runs strong, doesn't use oil.....only reason we didn't stick with the truck for our trip was that it does have 176K miles....I don't want to be broke down along the Alcan Highway.  Besides, the wife deserves the heated/cooled seats the new truck has. :)
Columbo

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm" and the warrior whispers back "I AM THE STORM"

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2017, 10:37:31 PM »
That would have been awesome but I had to factory order mine.  The order got screwed up (not sure who pooched it up but it might have been me when I printed the option list), I wanted the trailering mirrors but when the order was put in it was for the standard mirrors.  I caught it when they sent me the build sheet so talked to the dealer, they said no problem we'll order the mirrors and put them on when the truck gets in which they did.  Picked the truck up and the mirror are not the power folding type (power folding is standard for an LTZ).  The dealer wasn't aware that GM offered power folding trailering mirrors (WTF?!).  We had a short, polite discussion and they are now better educated on the options available. :)  The correct mirrors have been ordered and the dealer is picking up the cost difference.

I had the truck back in for a protective treatment on the seats and when they ran the passenger side seatback all the way forward the motor froze locking the seat in that position.   I had to laugh, I had literally just finished the discussion about the mirrors when the service guy called and told me about the seat. They overnighted the parts up and got it fixed ASAP.

It's a bit off putting the way everyone asks for a "completely satisfied" rating on the survey "it's the only thing that the boss accepts" "my job depends on it".  I would starve as a salesman because I just can't grovel to get someone's approval.   

Eek! Not a fun little endeavor I imagine! I'm right there with you about the survey. I'm loathe to even fill them out unless I have a particularly outstanding experience in one direction or another. And I imagine they prefer it that way as I DO insist 3/5 stars is good and average lol.

Offline nooby52

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2017, 02:03:05 PM »
Columbo, congrat's! That's abeautiful rig. I love my truck. No matter what truck floats your boat, trucks are just great to own...so versatile. I hope you put a million worry-free miles on yours.  :cheers:

Flying as "South52" for VF-17 Jolly Rogers
17 Squadron - The Hardest Day Battle of Britain
204 Kokutai - Target Rabaul
610 Squadron -TFT Battle of Britain

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2017, 02:33:13 PM »

Nope.  Not a fishing type.  We did go to the aquarium, though!  Hiked up along the north side of the glacier, so that we could see the Harding Ice Field.

That was one of our best trips.  Flew to Juneau, from there to Gustavus and back, then to Anchorage, then to Kodiak and back, the drove down your way and across the Kenai.  And back.

After watching the Kodiak bears eating salmon, I decided that in the next life I think I'd rather come back as...something else...a possum, maybe....

- oldman

- oldman
aren't you just hangin around already
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Flifast

• Copper Member
      • Claim Jumpers
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2017, 04:21:00 PM »
Looks like the airport parking in Whittier, AK?

I just bought land in Soldotna,AK walking distance to the Kenai River.  I hope to find more Aces High people up there for next years Claim Jumper Prison Camp (fishing and drinking)!

Flifast

Offline colmbo

• Gold Member
      • Photos
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2017, 04:35:45 PM »
Looks like the airport parking in Whittier, AK?

Along to the road to Exit Glacier out of Seward.
Columbo

Offline Flifast

• Copper Member
      • Claim Jumpers
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2017, 04:42:24 PM »
Ah...I was there flipping for reds last week. McDowels I think it's called.  I'll be in Soldotna next week setting up the 30' camper until the log cabin is built.  Fish camp is always fun...ask Unclkurt!