Author Topic: 9GIAP immediate suspension from FSO  (Read 3177 times)

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
Re: 9GIAP immediate suspension from FSO
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2017, 07:59:33 PM »
Yep it's all about entitlement to a ride.  It's not VF17.

I am happy to send a copy of the emails that were sent public by the original poster of same.  It was clear from the start that the email was purposed to intimidate not only me, but future CICs into rolling over and acceding to the demand and the ride-preference column now becomes the agenda.

When I signed up to FSO the rules were quite different.  They were far more open.  They have changed many times over the years.
One of the current requirements is that squads take turns at being CIC for their assigned side. 
I am unable to accept that responsibility if there is going to be new interpretation that you may demand a particular ride, or a particular side and if not granted then you can open fire and abuse and threaten until you get what you want.

This week it was about P-38s.  I assigned them (and an important but tough role) to the 68th Ligntning Lancers.  The 68th always welcome a thankless task with humour and they also happen to be a P-38 squad.  They used them well.

The concept that any squad can demand a particular ride is an anathema to me.  That they feel an entitlement after nominating a preference is beyond me.  That they self-righteously bully the community until they get their way is too much for me.

I won't be part of that.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2017, 08:21:39 PM »
This whole episode is under review please do not turn this into a witch hunt. Let us have time to review this.
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2017, 08:36:59 PM »
I believe it became more about the lack of maturity on both sides.  Name calling, whining about rides, quitting FSO cause no one jumped in to support my "putting the bully" in his place.  That email trail should have died after the whine about the rides. This thread should have never been started.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2017, 08:49:15 PM »
Yup.  Same damn squad as last month.  Grow the hell up guys.  This is two FSO Tours in a row now that you have mangaged to piss off every one around you.  Well done.  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2017, 08:51:52 PM »
I'm amazed that wasn't being dealt with privately. No excuse for that. I'll never understand this whole dedicated axis/allied/certain ride crap. You can do that to your heart's content in the MA. In FSO you fly the mission assigned. That's how it works. Dantoo has always gotten that. His standard preference is "just glad to help". Something wrong with that I guess? If it's some major heart attack because you HAD TO fly axis or vice versa then I submit you have got to have about 17 screws loose.

I fly a P-38 like 99.9% of the time in the MA. If I get to fly one in FSO that's great. If I don't I somehow find a way to pick up the shattered pieces of my life and move on. It's happened more than once I think!

<smh>

Dantoo

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

>
"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2017, 09:15:56 PM »
This cannot be allowed, to cry and whine cause you don't get what you want, then resort to e-mail and name calling. Well there is no "2 sides" to that period. Dantoo, you know I have your back period. I'd have anyones back for that matter in this type of case. Who ever you are, (I really don't need to know who) grow the hell up!!! Even though were a dedicated axis squad (German) we don't get our preferred ride but we don't cry about it we do what is asked of us, end of story!!!!
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2017, 09:26:18 PM »
Dantoo we have your back sir  :salute
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2017, 10:00:04 PM »
I believe it became more about the lack of maturity on both sides.  Name calling, whining about rides, quitting FSO cause no one jumped in to support my "putting the bully" in his place.  That email trail should have died after the whine about the rides. This thread should have never been started.

I'd go all-in, that you were affected by what transpired.   How close am I?   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline KCDitto

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Gold Member
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2017, 12:06:34 AM »
WOW,

With the numbers so low here and you have to put up with this childish crap?

Sorry Dantoo.  You know we support you and your squad.

I sure hope this gets worked out and someone mans up and admits a wrong apologizes and we can all move on.

From a dedicated AXIS squad, I can tell you that we fly what ever we are given and do the best we can to accomplish the mission. Sure, we may squeak about it over VOX to ourselves, but we still do what we can.

I admit, I do complain about PTO set ups, cuz well, they SUCK, but I still show up and fly that ZERO into a fiery death.

This is a game that is supposed to take you away from that crappy drama of real life for a few hours a week, unless you are in a ZERO then it is like 30 minutes, but hey.

Lighten up and enjoy the ride........ even when you are on fire, appreciate the time it took to right the code to make that crackling sound as you burn.

Have Fun

Ditto
Ditto  "WHITE 11"
"Masters of the Air" Scenario -JG54

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2017, 12:39:08 AM »
Posting of emails are strictly forbidden.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 12:57:27 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2017, 12:56:22 AM »
Well if you want an external / detached opinion, looks like a misunderstanding over the term preference which could have been handled without escalating into insulting and condescending implications of pretentiousness.

Happy Friday Pipz!
-=Army of Muppets=-
"Get stuffed Skyyr, you freak" - Zack1234

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2017, 06:55:49 AM »
No emails allowed posting.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 02:52:23 PM by Skuzzy »
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2017, 07:24:09 AM »
Yup it's a 475th repeat. This happened in May, after they got to fly 38's for two weeks straight.  Pull your heads out Dawger and crew.

I had originally posted Dawger's round 1 I want and deserve a P-38 whining email from May , but thought what does it serve?  Several CO's saw it and several of us told him to get over himself.  I am surprised that other CO's did not jump in to the conversation again this month.  If he does not like it here, I suggest he takes his girls and takes a hike.  The CM's need to curb this behavior now.  If they do not then it is being encouraged.

« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 07:44:08 AM by waystin2 »
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline LilMak

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2017, 08:14:28 AM »
Dawger, perhaps you don't understand how FSO works? For the record, my crew feels the same about 47s as you do 38s. I'm telling you from experience that you need to lower your expectations. You should consider yourself lucky if you get your ride once per month. Hell, half the time I think I'm doing well to get the SIDE I want. Your email came across as petty and childish and I think you owe Dantoo an apology.
"When caught by the enemy in large force the best policy is to fight like hell until you can decide what to do next."
~Hub Zemke
P-47 pilot 56th Fighter Group.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2017, 08:18:10 AM »
It would have been very easy to contact Dantoo and 9GIAP and the 68th Lighting Lancers using the email list and respectfully request to switch with them for their P-38s.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!