Author Topic: This Friday (or Saturday for some)  (Read 2405 times)

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
This Friday (or Saturday for some)
« on: June 12, 2017, 03:10:00 PM »
9GIAP will be in the WW1 Arena. 

I want to make it absolutely clear that we are NOT putting on a circus to detract from or provide an alternate to FSO.  I have zero intention of taking anything away from FSO.   We will serve our suspension there and we will make our own fun doing so. 

If you get shot down, hit a tree or otherwise feel that you could use a bit more time flying at a relaxed pace then please join us.  I promise you that there will be no sides dedicated, no max or min numbers and nobody will be able to demand a ride and not get it. All the ungrateful dead will be welcome for one ride or 30.  I can make but a single promise - if you need a kill in each of the available types to get the award thingy, then just take me on!  I'll get it done for you in no time!   :airplane:

All welcome and I mean that.  475th very much included.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
Re: This Friday (or Saturday for some)
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2017, 03:20:39 PM »
No P-38's so very unlikely we would show up.

Thanks for asking though.

Offline FBDragon

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 05:22:56 PM »
 :aok :aok :aok :aok :aok
Kommando Nowotny
XO
To Win The Winter Sky
Gl 1/Jg 11

Offline j500ss

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2017, 08:21:54 PM »
Dantoo,

I will see how many from G3 I can get to come as soon as we are thru with FSO.

For those who have never made the effort to check out the WWI arena, all I can say is that it is an absolute hoot!   No alt monkeys, no sharp shooters ( except maybe Cheech )  he just a flat out good shot, and instant action!!!

I'll go to WWI before going to the MA anymore, if there are numbers ( say 8-10 plus )   you just can't beat it.

Offline Molsman

• Aces High CM Retired
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2017, 08:57:19 PM »
WW1 is a blast we have a steady group in there Saturday nights around 9pm est and sometimes Fridays before FSO
Molsman, Crazy8s , Crazyman
JG11, DerWanderZirkus, -The Flying Clowns-

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2017, 10:32:38 PM »
Flying kites is always fun
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2017, 08:50:58 AM »
Err let me just make one thing really really clear here again just in case it's being missed (and it appears that has happened at least once):

9GIAP are out of FSO for the rest of this month.  We are still meeting up and will fly together to have fun.  We want everybody to participate in FSO and have a great time doing so.  We are not hosting an event in conflict with FSO.  Nothing of the kind. 

We're just going to be over there during our suspension and I thought it best that people know that we're happy and friendly and welcoming and AFTER FSO has finished for peoples individually or as a group, to please drop in.
We don't want anybody thinking for even a second that it is an alternative to FSO.  It isn't.  We don't want to detract from FSO which needs a strong and growing community.

The thread is just a friendly call out to peeps who like WW1 stuff or want to get the credits for their stars, that for once somebody will be in there.  That's it.  No ulterior motives.

I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2017, 05:50:21 PM »
In on some after FSO WWI  :aok :rock

And mols is right we in there every Saturday night
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 05:52:26 PM by puller »
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2017, 07:31:23 PM »
I think this thread is in poor taste. you want to take a break, do it quietly and respectfully. this is nothing but a screw you thread. just my opinion.

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2017, 07:57:48 PM »
No it's not.

It is a "I respect you FSO" thread.  Don't know how you don't see that but you have put your view.

I can't find any more words to express the point that I am going to be around the traps and in the arenas at the same time FSO is on.  I will be with my squadmates.  I don't want that action to appear as if I am taking a stand in some way against FSO.  This thread was placed and I thought, worded carefully, to ensure that nobody could misconstrue that our presence in the WW1 arena was some sort of protest or statement.

Can't figure out how that offends.  Must be cultural.

HiTech

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2017, 10:54:36 PM »
If the only connection this thread has to FSO is that you will be in the WW1 arena the same time the rest of us are flying FSO, maybe a more appropriate place to have posted this would have been in the general section or the squadron section? 
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Snork

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2017, 11:12:57 PM »
If the only connection this thread has to FSO is that you will be in the WW1 arena the same time the rest of us are flying FSO, maybe a more appropriate place to have posted this would have been in the general section or the squadron section?
*+1*  It's only logical!
Flying as Noser

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2017, 11:22:55 PM »
lol
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: June 13, 2017, 11:36:54 PM »
Dantoo is a top class dude and to infer any different is wrong.
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Snork

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2017, 08:31:41 AM »
Dantoo is a top class dude and to infer any different is wrong.

Being a top class dude does not necessarily preclude making an occasional error of judgement.  :old:
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 08:33:57 AM by Snork »
Flying as Noser