Author Topic: New Squadron to assist new players  (Read 2021 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
New Squadron to assist new players
« on: June 30, 2017, 08:09:36 AM »
Good morning all!

I am hoping this message will reach AH Training Corps and any new players currently reading this now.

I have started up a squadron in MA that is geared specifically toward helping new players learn the game.  We all know how steep a learning curve this can be.

I want to get new players coming in that are looking beyond the 2 week free period. 

Squad name is +++Maggot Suicide Squad+++

All I ask is that these guys & gals want to learn all aspects of the game and we will be focused on base taking.  They must agree to not participate in drama on the bbs and on channel 200 in game.

If any of you trainers are aware of anyone that would be a good fit, please send them my way and I will do what I can to help improve their game.

Since I don't really want to become a Trainer, I feel I can help out in this capacity. 

We currently fly Knights (since their numbers are usually lower)

SlipKnoT
CO
+++Maggot Suicide Squad+++

DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
Re: New Squadron to assist new players
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2017, 12:42:19 PM »
Great idea to help encourage new players Slippy!   :aok

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2017, 01:44:57 PM »
Concur...
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2017, 02:49:04 PM »
Well, I can certainly use more training but nit side,
sorry but I am one of those who is a Rook and will remain a
Rook despite the terrible losses.... Oh and btw,
Rooks (at least the times I am on) are generally
the side with lower numbers  :devil
 :airplane:
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2017, 03:43:37 PM »
Slip,I would think a better name might get help,,new guys club or some such thing.Then you would need to change chess pieces on a regular basis bu t I do like the idea.                                             When you get a few players that want some formal training,just send them my way or take a few into the TA and introduce them to me.

:salute

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 04:02:22 PM »
US
Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
Setting an example is not the main means of influencing others; it is the only means
-AE

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 05:51:01 PM »
Well, I can certainly use more training but nit side,
sorry but I am one of those who is a Rook and will remain a
Rook despite the terrible losses.... Oh and btw,
Rooks (at least the times I am on) are generally
the side with lower numbers  :devil
 :airplane:

Rooks have enjoyed a few nights now with more pilots, which is good. The best thing players can do at thr moment is have friends on all sides and switch from time to time as needed, will help out the ENY and teach players that while it is a different flag it is the same community.

SlipKnot I commend your effort. Take morfiends advice to heart about being side flexible, gives you more candidates and oportunity to help each side out with where they fall short :old:
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 06:25:03 PM »
Absolutely.

I am in now way side loyal in any way.

I am sincerely committed to teaching new players that are ready to graduate from the TA and are ready to be thrown into the main arena.

DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2017, 06:31:54 PM »
US

:rofl :rofl :rofl  Yes Us!!!

Was on my Ipad and still havent figured out the keyboard stuff so sorry for that terrible post!

I have seen a few new guys lately,most returning players who have been out a fair length of time.

I only said "me" because I tend to hang out in the TA and I'm there most week nights. Besides thats where "Morf's social club" hangs out........ :devil

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2017, 02:44:19 PM »
Rooks have enjoyed a few nights now with more pilots, which is good. The best thing players can do at thr moment is have friends on all sides and switch from time to time as needed, will help out the ENY and teach players that while it is a different flag it is the same community.

SlipKnot I commend your effort. Take morfiends advice to heart about being side flexible, gives you more candidates and oportunity to help each side out with where they fall short :old:

I'm sorry but since the strokes 10 yrs ago I can't seem to get on track again  :bhead
Therefore, getting better at AH is not an option and so sticking with Rooks is the easiest
option... plus I've been Rook for at least 15yrs... its habit  :D

Offline Owlblink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2017, 03:43:53 PM »
I'm sorry but since the strokes 10 yrs ago I can't seem to get on track again  :bhead
Therefore, getting better at AH is not an option…

But, but, you said:

Well, I can certainly use more training…
:P
Oh well, I hope it works out for you! Glad to see you around and functioning. I'm sure you'll agree that the best advice is never adopt a victim or limiting mentality, that's what those who succeed inspite of life's hardships tell the rest of us :old:

You can still have fun and help by communicating with Slip cross channel, I learn a lot fighting against my friends and I feel most are more open to taking advice or considering another perspective when they have a good relationship.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2017, 03:46:13 PM by Owlblink »
Kommando Nowotny FSO
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Rodent57

• AH Training Corps
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2017, 07:56:21 PM »

:rofl :rofl :rofl  Yes Us!!!

Was on my Ipad and still havent figured out the keyboard stuff so sorry for that terrible post!

I have seen a few new guys lately,most returning players who have been out a fair length of time.

I only said "me" because I tend to hang out in the TA and I'm there most week nights. Besides thats where "Morf's social club" hangs out........ :devil

I knew that Morf,
I just so seldom get an opening fo a strafing run on you :-)

:cheers:
-AE

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2017, 02:03:33 PM »
But, but, you said:
 :P
Oh well, I hope it works out for you! Glad to see you around and functioning. I'm sure you'll agree that the best advice is never adopt a victim or limiting mentality, that's what those who succeed inspite of life's hardships tell the rest of us :old:

You can still have fun and help by communicating with Slip cross channel, I learn a lot fighting against my friends and I feel most are more open to taking advice or considering another perspective when they have a good relationship.

:rofl See? I can't even get a single thought straight  :headscratch:

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2017, 03:08:52 PM »
All new players should be made to recite "Death to Bishlam!" before being allowed to subscribe....  :devil  :x :bolt:
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2017, 01:28:23 AM »
Well, you know the Serpent isnt the most lovable of God's creation,mmm wonder why :x EH, this Bish still loves ya Brother :cheers:   
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain