Author Topic: Trakir Profile  (Read 1322 times)

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
Trakir Profile
« on: July 03, 2017, 02:49:30 AM »
I used to use Trakir for journeying to and from Ïndian Country, but this time I'm trying to go the whole way and use it in combat. So far I have had mixed results. The mix being bad and very bad.

Has someone got a good profile that suits AH with a good deadzone that's workeable and is willing to pass on. I have tried to modify the existing one but it becomes all or nothing out of the dead zone. THat being the rotation moves very quickly out of the deadzone and the pitch is non responsive until head view lurches up or down.

Any assistance would be appreciated
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
Re: Trakir Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2017, 07:11:21 AM »
Take a look through some of this thread, there is a lot of good information:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,381289.0.html

In this thread, there is a link to Fugitive's collection of profiles:

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,386050.0.html

TrackIR really is great, it will take a while to get used to it and to get it setup just how you like it.
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 08:34:03 AM »
The links Delta put up are good. The link for the collection of profiles I have was posted by Sik1 in the second thread, but the file is still good. I saved every profile posted, and got a few more by asking friends what they had and zipped them all up after I edited the "names" of the profile to be who ever donated it. Funny how almost everyone called them "Aces High".  ;)

The trick I have found is to set the profile to something you can live with. Not so much head movement that you look like you need an exorcism, but quick movement on the screen, with just enough dead spot in the forward view to be able to aim. Then leave it alone and use it like that for 40-60 hours of flying. You have to get use to it. It feels odd and unnatural because you have used your thumb to change views for so long.

Once you are use to it THEN tweak the settings. You'll know by then what works and what doesn't and what questions to ask here to get the right tweaks.   

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 03:07:08 PM »
 :rofl Exorcism  :aok Or as BUSTR called it 'Chair Yoga".  The biggest tip I could give,never settle! I still tweak my profile and have had it about 3 years. Also on main screen in thw IR curve set uup,very top of page. You have a SPEED and SMOOTH slider. Start speed 1.5 and smooth 50 these are sort of an generic overall starting setting for the curves below. Best starting point :salute
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2017, 03:10:38 PM »
Also,almost forgot. IF and WHEN you settle on a curve or profile adjustment...IT IS EASY to check it out in game situations. Go offline with drones circling runway, get your fav ride drive to mid runway and sit there :x Pick one plane and just try to follow it all the way around your ride...if you cant comfortably or with out much thought and effort, ALTTAB out and adjust :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2017, 05:58:37 PM »
I used the TrackIR out of the box with the default profile delivered, I have never had an issue.   Indirect lighting has raised some issues but black out drapes resolved any problems.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2017, 09:26:57 PM »
Then leave it alone and use it like that for 40-60 hours of flying. You have to get use to it.

This is key.  For me, 40-60 hours of flying took six months.

Once you've got it, though, there's no turning back.

- oldman

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2017, 11:25:59 PM »
I used the TrackIR out of the box with the default profile delivered, I have never had an issue.   Indirect lighting has raised some issues but black out drapes resolved any problems.
You can adjust the cameras light sensitivity also! One more maybe biggest tip...IF at ALL POSSIBLE use or get(if you didnt allready) The TRACK CLIP PRO! Much better than the little hat clip! Its more accurate and less sensitive to environmental stuff like light :cheers:

Offline Threeup

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2017, 02:53:18 AM »
Thanks for the help and info - I downloaded and will try and find one that suits.

I have the full deal TrakIR. Does anyone remember Gorkle? He used to fly with us and particularly JR. I got it from him some years ago for a bottle of Tequila - everyone has their  price.

Once again, I'm obliged for the help.

I imagine it's 4AM on July 4th in AH Central- Enjoy the day - keep your fluids up.
I have been to a lot of places, but for an Australian with the WOW factor on Holidays not much will beat this.
I sat in on the Senate, Supreme Court, had a tour of the Pentagon, went to the Marine museum as well as all the others usually visited.
Best holiday ever without a surfboard or snowboard in hand.
The Mighty Raw Prawns

"It's all good fun until someone loses an eye" Rooster Cogburn

http://youtu.be/pxM8XB61ZvU