Author Topic: July '17 KOTH Dates  (Read 524 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
July '17 KOTH Dates
« on: July 04, 2017, 07:34:35 AM »
Saturday KOTH will be held 15th July at 3pm EST, 8pm BST, 9pm CET in the SEA II arena.  First plane will be 109F as chosen by last months winner MAKAYLA.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
Re: July '17 KOTH Dates
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2017, 02:19:56 AM »
Koth was on in june? I missed it. I remember last friday an event was posted on the calendar but never saw a notification later on.....
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2017, 02:51:29 AM »
There was some confusion, I postponed my Saturday KOTH for 1 week from the original date posted because of the scenario.

Then Junky wanted to host an additional one on the Friday which I believe he did. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2017, 03:38:42 PM »
I understood it when Bruv posted about the conflict regarding the Scenario date/Time and Bruv's original posted date/time

but became completely lost and bamfoozled after Junky posted that he would host the Koth instead........

Never seeing anything changed in the Calendar of events or on the Forums, etc...... I was under the assumption that no KOTH was held at all at any time or date, let alone, 2 different Koth's being held at 2 different dates & Times.....

I know Junky is currently attending some sort of Training and that Bruv can not do it all himself...... and think it was a dang miracle that fuzeman lasted as long as he did trying to hold it all together by himself for as long as he did........ in which case, he never really got the credit and respect duely owed to him by the AH community, from my perspective

I was under the impression that all CM's were crossed trained , to be able to host at least 2 if not 3 or 4 different events, incase an emergency arises, to where a substitute CM could quickly fill in, when needed...... I only ever recall this actually happening/working properly ONE time, and I think it was Molsman that stepped up and filled in ( I believe it was Molsman, but my memory could be wrong )

but who am I to say anything?

it is something Bruv, Junky and the CM Staff need to address...... including properly announcing the dates / times on the Events Calendar/ KOTH and Special Events General Forum/ Announcements Forum and Upcoming events Ticker that is at the bottom of the forums ........ LOL, I have actually seen them , in the past, all read 4 different Dates/Times for a single KOTH event before.............. talk about cornfusing someone!...
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2017, 01:40:55 AM »
It's been nearly 3 years of me doing it and whilst I have to juggle work, kid and playtime there will ALWAYS be at least one KOTH a month.

I appreciate it sucks a little that I can't do it later in the day but when JunkyII has completed his ATC training and gets settled he will know his schedule in advance.

What happened last week was Junky getting the itch and wanting to give you guys EXTRA because he wants you guys to play so badly.  Can't really criticise him for that.  Next one is as posted and I hope to see you both there.   :salute
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #5 on: July 06, 2017, 07:45:42 AM »
Dang Bruv, did not realize that it had already been 3+ years since you had stepped up to run the KOTH event....

You deserve and are owed a lot of gratitude for keeping KOTH going, yourself!

btw, my earlier post was not a dig towards you or Junky....but I assume that you already know that...

Cheers

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline hgtonyvi

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: July 06, 2017, 10:23:12 AM »
I never saw junky host that night. Horble and myself were looking out for any announcement in the MA. I did saw junky online later that evening tho.
CO of the Hell Hounds. In Game: Rud3boi
*Ain't no grave can hold my body down.*

Top German Ace of Pantelleria 1943
            6./JG 27- 109G-2

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2017, 10:42:07 AM »
I couldn't host that night because my tables weren't showing up so when I showed up 30 minutes prior I didn't have enough time to create the arena from scratch...which for me would have taken hours.

I'll try to get one for you guys in July, the problem is we switch between night and day shifts and the schedule is subject to change due to Instructor staffing. Additionally my PAs which are pass/fail August 1-3 are coming up quick...literally they determine if I'm in a nice career or back hunting for another so My peers and I often have study groups which often happen on Fridays...I don't like missing those.

Near August 10th I'll be able to announce an exact August KOTH...hopefully on the FSO off week and then from there we will be back to normal.

DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2017, 09:24:25 AM »
Twenty minutes of typing on the cell, lightning close, and when proofreading realize I better NOT hit post.
So, no comment. :)
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54