Author Topic: Terrain Editor: Stand Alone Bridge Objects  (Read 685 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
Re: Terrain Editor: Stand Alone Bridge Objects
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 11:48:14 PM »
it seems my bridges work just fine. Thanks to Easyscor for a little help, we got them to work. id much rather have a narrower body of water, like bustr's and a shorter height on the bridge. this would make it look more realistic. Sometimes you just have to use what tools you are given to make it work. mine does........ just saying. check AVAberl.

the problem I have is when you're going over the bridge and you look behind you, the bridge disappears? I just wish it would do that to the enemy side so that they would not be able to find their way over to my side.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2017, 11:50:47 PM by captain1ma »

Offline icepac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2017, 11:46:09 AM »
These are the better threads in aces high because it shows the quest for progress.

Nice work, guys.

Offline Easyscor

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 12:18:49 PM »
For quicker testing, you can set your GV spawn pt. onto the (top of) bridge in the TE and set the spawn radius to zero in the arena settings.
Here's a script that will do several things for you, and includes setting spawn radius. Scripts are useful tools while working on this sort of thing (they must be in the AH3 root directory instead of the scripts folder if you use the dot command to activate them with their name + .txt)

.country 1
.move 1
.eplane 0 0
.vset ArenaFlags 9372

.vset CountryFlags[0] 3
.vset CountryFlags[1] 3

.vset ViewModeFlags      63

.vset PlaneAutoAmmoMult   10
.vset FuelBurnRateMult    0.001

.vset VehicleSpawnRadius 1
« Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 12:22:01 PM by Easyscor »
Easy in-game again.
Since Tour 19 - 2001

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: July 10, 2017, 03:21:08 PM »
Hitech,

This test I lined the arch bridge on a diagonal polygon mesh line which gave a low enough slope to drive to the bridge end. The panzer decided it didn't want to climb the road bed. Instead it slide down slope sideways through the bridge pier bodies.

These bridges are probably low on your todo list, so I'll put land bridges at the spots I want tanks to pass between all the land segments of the water ways. Most guys in GV's won't care about these bridges in actual play other than they can get across the open spot a bridge or land connection creates and not get sniped.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #19 on: July 10, 2017, 04:11:09 PM »
I assume you had can collide checked?
And the only issues I know of is that objects can not be less then zero at the moment in the terrain editor, and some bridges can not be driven underneath.

HiTech

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: July 10, 2017, 05:22:16 PM »
The bridge objects will not allow a negative elevation number to be entered in the object data page or directly in the OBA file. The terrain editor defaults it to "0". I'll put that bridge back and make sure I have can collide checked for the 20th time or so. Then repeat that test.

I created land bridges and ran into the problem the screen captures below show. The first one the land is 25ft sloped to the water. The tank at about 100ft from the water's edge slow's suddenly and micro bounces forward an inch or so every 15 seconds. I thought it might be the low slope and I was touching water so the second picture I raised the land to 50ft and the tank runs into the problem at about the same spot.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 10, 2017, 05:56:02 PM »
Put the arched bridge back. It's set for the defaults, can collide and terrain elevation which is zero due to the water the center sits on.

First screen capture is where the tank slows to a crawl and I have no control over direction. Takes about 60 seconds to slide down to the road bed with the front right corner leading and touching first. When it slides onto the bed it will only turn left. I have to forward and reverse it many times to get it to face up the bridge. Then it drives normally. When it reaches the other end of the bridge it stops at the point in the screen capture.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: July 11, 2017, 01:15:34 PM »
Hitech,

I have suspended development activities on the island with the bridge but, left it in place if you want me to post a copy of the res file.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing