Author Topic: Before we goto steam...  (Read 4984 times)

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: Before we goto steam...
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2017, 09:46:25 AM »
And don't take ackacks idea of univeral perks as wanting a ...start off in early war planes...Game setup

The two together go like bread and butter.

By having universal perks to spend, the time cut down to get a next plane goes down drasticaly.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2017, 09:46:34 AM »
Obfuscation at its finest.

I am going out on a limb here, and HiTech may say otherwise as he is the one to make any decision surrounding game play, so here goes.

1)  We will not implement a rolling plane set.
2)  We will not force new paying players to start with only early war planes, regardless of the mechanism (perks, points, rubber duckies....).

Now, anyone quoting this 20 years from now and we have done something similar to what I said we would not gets a raspberry (pffffffffft)!

Too many threads, about the same thing or being hijacked, are occurring in this forum.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2017, 09:50:45 AM »
Too many threads, about the same thing or being hijacked, are occurring in this forum.

I may go out on a limb here Skuzzy, but people are giving big hints on issues they find pressing, that is why so many similar threads appear, because 'perks' is a hot issue.

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
Re: Before we goto steam
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2017, 09:53:25 AM »
I'm not a current player.

New players in a turner like spit 1 or a6m2 will do better than they will do in a p51 or 190 d9 which are energy fighters, new players always turn hard and tight.

So having new players in early war plane is actualy helping them, because if a vet would get into a hard turn fight in a 190 d9 with a a6m2 he will loose to a new player.

One of my absolute favorite planes is the Hurri Mk1. If I fly it in the Melee arena against all the late war planes, all I end up doing is defeating all the BnZ attempts with my superior turning ability. I cannot chase them down because my plane is so much slower than theirs. I cannot run away if I get into a bad situation. I cannot get more than a fleeting snapshot with my little .303 bullets as they blow past me over 100mph faster than my top speed. I generally end up dying because in no time, im trying to dodge 3+ late war planes all piling on desperate for a kill, because my Hurri Mk1 lacks the speed to turn the tables and go on the attack and lacks the hard punch needed for a quick kill due to the weak machine guns.

I do not see new players staying in the game very long if forced to start out like this. War Thunder and those other games force players to wait in a queue until enough players are ready to fly in a tiny arena, all with planes of similar capability. You cannot compare those games to this one with your assertion that it would be fair and fun for new guys to be forced to fly early war planes.

Oh, and a vet would rarely if ever get into a turn fight in a 190D9 against a A6M2, so that assumption is also wrong.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 09:56:04 AM by ImADot »
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2017, 10:03:41 AM »
I may go out on a limb here Skuzzy, but people are giving big hints on issues they find pressing, that is why so many similar threads appear, because 'perks' is a hot issue.

Abusive use of the forums in the form of spamming or continuously hijacking threads does not constitute a "hot topic".  This is the "Wishlist" forum.  It has a specific purpose.  Brow beating is not the purpose.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 10:31:33 AM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2017, 10:16:09 AM »
Ok, sorry if what it may seem as 'hijacking' but when I see a 'perk' thread, I lose control because I believe the game would profit so much more from a few perk tweaks. :airplane:

That is why I am all for Ack-Acks perk ideas and having his 2 ideas together with this idea would make for something spectacular.

I guess I just have to hold my enthusiasm back down. :P

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2017, 10:19:30 AM »
Oldman731
These are the players who said definite 'yes' to perks in various threads

"Yes to perks" is not the same as "Yes to starting new players out in EW aircraft."  Lusche's comment - in this thread - was right on.

- oldman

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2017, 10:40:09 AM »
Or will they?

Look how many people on the forum are advocating for this.

NO THEY WON'T.
ONLY YOU AND A VERY SMALL HANDFULL WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT, ARE WANTING THIS.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Petey

• Copper Member
      • 56th FG Homepage
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2017, 10:50:13 AM »
didn't we have a rolling plane set years ago?

seems like we did for some reason... can remember.

Petey

56 FG "Zemke's Wolfpack"

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2017, 10:59:59 AM »
Wyatt134
Chris79
Oboe
Spikes
Zygote404
hqtonyvi
bozon
Atlau
Save
Dmonslyr
Lazerr
Butcherbird702
BowHTR
Zoney
JimmyD3
Ack-Ack (universal perks and perked ordnance should go hand in hand with this)
Oldman731
Slipknt
Becinhu
Volron
Tilt
Vraciu
Schwalbee
TWCAxew
me

If I forgot anyone, sorry and make yourself heard !

These are the players who said definite 'yes' to perks in various threads

That doesn't mean I want (or want newbies) to have to start in early war planes.  I recently fought a P-47M in a Spitfire I, and it just isn't workable if the guy is any good at all.  The Jug pilot would have to make a critical mistake.  At one point I did get a brief solution and opened up on him and got strikes on wing/fuselage.  But the 30 cal BBs seemed to have no effect, and he disengaged at leisure.   I can't imagine a new player getting even that far, and to see hit sprites but no damage would probably be confusing and discouraging for them.

The change to the perk system I'd be interested in trying out is a very light perking of just a few more planes - the same way its done with GVs.   I agree with Ack Ack about perking ordnance.  Perhaps make it a little easier to earn perks - give a slight perk bonus for spawning in the hangar and taxiing to the runway before take off.  This doesn't take anything away from players who don't want to do it, but allows a way to earn perks for players who haven't been able to achieve kills yet.   Or maybe give a couple hundred perks to new subscribers.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2017, 11:02:31 AM »
I'm not a current player.

New players in a turner like spit 1 or a6m2 will do better than they will do in a p51 or 190 d9 which are energy fighters, new players always turn hard and tight. Lunatic says-> not hardly

So having new players in early war plane is actualy helping them, because if a vet would get into a hard turn fight in a 190 d9 with a a6m2 he will loose to a new player. Lunatic says to Nugetx Not hardly. the new player will loose, because of lack of experience, that is if the new player is not an old stick with a new call sign.

NO YOUR NOT A CURRENT PLAYER, SO WHY SHOULD anybody listen to you- a 2 weeker  who probably didn't play that much.
did you ever fly the spit1- the spit1 is carbureted engine cuts out when put into a dive.. takes experienced players to fly it.

the A6M2 is slow, only has 120rds 20mm cannon. you have to be frugal with you ammo--this plane is good for furballs where a fleet is off shore of an enemy airfield--which is the most fun type of furball.

I think New Players should have the equal right to fly any plane they want-if they want to fly a perked plane then they should have to earn the perks like the rest of us did. if they are truly interested in this game they will stay and try it, as is.

by the way Nugetx what plane or planes did you fly in your short 2 week learned it all, know it all now experience?
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2017, 11:08:55 AM »
The two together go like bread and butter.

By having universal perks to spend, the time cut down to get a next plane goes down drasticaly.
                                                                                                                                                                                                   ack-ack's universal perk wish has nothing to do with what you are wishing for or wanting Nugetx

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2017, 11:08:58 AM »
didn't we have a rolling plane set years ago?

No, AH never had.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2017, 11:10:22 AM »
IMHO - No change needed.

If they want to fly the LW planes, why not?  If I know they are new I will up the dinkiest plane and go up against them.  Even a storch...   LOL  It truly isn't the plane as much as it is SA, the player, and their ability to use simple math in the situation they are in. 

Bring on the new players!!!   I'm actually excited for it.
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: Before we goto steam
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2017, 11:14:18 AM »
One of my absolute favorite planes is the Hurri Mk1. If I fly it in the Melee arena against all the late war planes, all I end up doing is defeating all the BnZ attempts with my superior turning ability. I cannot chase them down because my plane is so much slower than theirs. I cannot run away if I get into a bad situation. I cannot get more than a fleeting snapshot with my little .303 bullets as they blow past me over 100mph faster than my top speed. I generally end up dying because in no time, im trying to dodge 3+ late war planes all piling on desperate for a kill, because my Hurri Mk1 lacks the speed to turn the tables and go on the attack and lacks the hard punch needed for a quick kill due to the weak machine guns.

I do not see new players staying in the game very long if forced to start out like this. War Thunder and those other games force players to wait in a queue until enough players are ready to fly in a tiny arena, all with planes of similar capability. You cannot compare those games to this one with your assertion that it would be fair and fun for new guys to be forced to fly early war planes.

Oh, and a vet would rarely if ever get into a turn fight in a 190D9 against a A6M2, so that assumption is also wrong.

and not to mention MR. Dot,  the engine dies when the nose is pushed  down for a dive.