Author Topic: Before we goto steam...  (Read 4877 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Before we goto steam...
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2017, 11:14:41 AM »
22 players active on forum out of 60 logged in?  That is 1/3  :D

and as only about 3 percent of players ever visit the boards its is still .05 percent of the player base

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2017, 11:15:34 AM »
I may go out on a limb here Skuzzy, but people are giving big hints on issues they find pressing, that is why so many similar threads appear, because 'perks' is a hot issue.

the threads that are appearing are yours.  and the ones that aren't you HIJACK.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2017, 11:18:58 AM »
didn't we have a rolling plane set years ago?

seems like we did for some reason... can remember.

I have played here for 10 years no RPS that I know of---  AW or WB had for a while from what I heard--that's how HiTech knows it won't work here
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2017, 11:20:02 AM »
the threads that are appearing are yours.

lol? I haven't made a thread since june 9

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2017, 11:24:31 AM »
lol? I haven't made a thread since june 9

those are the ones I'm talking about.

since no one likes your ideas in your threads you try to Hijack other peoples threads like you did this one and like dummies  we fell into it.
because we are 99.99.99.99% sure HiTech will not use any of your ideas.

as a matter of fact he told you no.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:28:01 AM by lunatic1 »

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2017, 11:45:53 AM »
Wyatt134
Chris79
Oboe
Spikes
Zygote404
hqtonyvi
bozon
Atlau
Save
Dmonslyr
Lazerr
Butcherbird702
BowHTR
Zoney
JimmyD3
Ack-Ack (universal perks and perked ordnance should go hand in hand with this)
Oldman731
Slipknt
Becinhu
Volron
Tilt
Vraciu
Schwalbee
TWCAxew
me

If I forgot anyone, sorry and make yourself heard !

These are the players who said definite 'yes' to perks in various threads

Nowhere in any perk thread have I said I want new players to start in early war rides. And I will guarantee Rud3boi and lazer didn't either. I do think some planes need perked, but not for the reasons you think or even the planes that you think.  A p51d does not need perked. Nor does a Dora. They are only truly dangerous in the hands of a veteran player.

Also when I mean perked I mean small perks. For example, la7, yak3, spit16. They should be perked slightly less than the c and 4 hogs, due to limited magazine sizes. I'm not going to throw anymore detail into it because you will most likely use it as an example on why m3s should have laser pulse cannons mounted on them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2017, 11:52:30 AM »

The change to the perk system I'd be interested in trying out is a very light perking of just a few more planes - the same way its done with GVs. 

Also when I mean perked I mean small perks. For example, la7, yak3, spit16.

:aok
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 11:54:18 AM by nugetx »

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2017, 12:22:35 PM »
I just don't understand...So...I believe that you are young...And you want everything free...You don't want to pay for anything...War thunder is free...You play it...But on ur 2 week trial of AH you liked it way better...So here u are trolling our board
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2017, 12:28:20 PM »
We are talking about the same thing

Maybe some players see it from different side.

But we are talking about the same thing.

Just look at posts from Oboe and Becinhu, I want the same thing as them, to have small perks on few planes like the la 7 yak3  spit 16, I don't want to force new players in early war plane.

Someone could make a list of planes that should have perks on them.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 12:35:40 PM by nugetx »

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2017, 01:50:10 PM »
It took years to persuade Hitech to remove the perk on the Lancaster, Ta152 and the Spit XIV. They didn't end up destabilizing game play in the MA like the F4u-1C with it's four cannons which still has a perk. Guess it makes a superior HO platform to the N1K2 which from stories about it's introduction just before I joined the game, everyone flew the F4u-1C and HO'd every and anything all the time.

That is the real purpose of perking rides, their ability to destabilize game play. You can see how the Tempest and 262 become mildly destabilizing of general play fun just around a single airfield. If they had no perk, the arena would be full of them to the detriment of game play. You can HO with 4-Hispano's from a long way off and not have to get too close, then run away at very high speed. And the 262, even if you don't kill anything, as long as you stay fast, keep an eye on high cons, and don't kiss any trees. You will make the airspace over an airfield miserable until you leave. When both or either shows up to a furball, or a base capture, suddenly everything you do in the air is dictated by avoiding getting picked by one or both doing a drive by through the fun you were having.

The current late war none perked fighters do not destabilize the game. Everyone fly's them to be on an equal footing while maximizing their chances of surviving and possibly getting kills. New players enter the MA have that much going for them if all they can do is get alt and dive away running to try again. I doubt Hitech will ever force customers to become easy targets in lesser rides as their first experience in this game.

Some people try to indirectly threaten Hitech with a dire future if he doesn't concede to their assessments of his game and implement their changes as the new paradigm. It took years of presenting supportable arguments to Hitech for the perk removal on the Lancaster, Ta152 and Spit XIV. In other cases he overnight took an idea he thought was good and rolled it out with the next patch. In all of these cases substantive facts were presented or the person just had a "good idea" from Hitech's perspective.

Usually good ideas from Hitech's perspective get an almost same day response from Hitech in the Wish List after watching all of this for about 15 years. Belaboring the ideas with a purse fight doesn't often make the original idea any better, a few times Hitech has asked about a later none original poster response counter idea. Generally like this post, the purse fight becomes it's own reason for taking part in the discussion.           
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2017, 02:33:11 PM »
You can see how the Tempest and 262 become mildly destabilizing of general play fun just around a single airfield
Can you say the same about late war planes, not just around a single field but in general gameplay?

Imagine now, perk on 262 is dropped and everyone would be flying a 262...... wouldn't this be even more destabilising?  Isn't the game being more destabilised once we are constantly moving towards 'late war' planes from the early war planes?

The 'better' the plane the less 'fun' it is to fight vs it, imagine if everyone would be in a 262 or 163.

Here I will try to make the most fun ratio:

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2017, 02:37:13 PM »
Can you say the same about late war planes, not just around a single field but in general gameplay?

Imagine now, perk on 262 is dropped and everyone would be flying a 262...... wouldn't this be even more destabilising?  Isn't the game being more destabilised once we are constantly moving towards 'late war' planes from the early war planes?

The 'better' the plane the less 'fun' it is to fight vs it, imagine if everyone would be in a 262 or 163.

Here I will try to make the most fun ratio:

(Image removed from quote.)
How do you know this?  :headscratch: You are not in the game.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2017, 02:40:02 PM »
Not going to happen.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2017, 02:44:52 PM »
How do you know this?  :headscratch: You are not in the game.

I played different flight sims..... and UFOs in all sims are the same.

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2017, 03:03:25 PM »
I played different flight sims..... and UFOs in all sims are the same.

This IS NOT your normal flight sim....it is a war game based on WWII airframes and ground vehicles....

Heres the deal nug....if you have an account...which you must...make a custom arena, that is free, and put early war planes in it and bring all your friends and let them play for free...after you have played for a couple of years FREE...come talk to us about changes to the game and and how different setups in your custom arena alter the gameplay...

Again...this is Aces High...it is not your normal flight sim....when your normal flight sim can hold 300 people in a single arena, (we had 300+ on Friday night before FSO...that you know nothing about) come talk to us about it being another flight sim....

Also...when you can fly a 262 in our game and actually land kills...come talk to us..
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde