Author Topic: P47-M  (Read 13512 times)

Offline Petey

• Copper Member
      • 56th FG Homepage
Re: P47-M
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2017, 10:00:16 AM »

if it is perked then all late war rides should be perked.

WTG 56th!
Petey

56 FG "Zemke's Wolfpack"

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2017, 10:06:01 AM »
Yeesh.  -1

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2017, 11:25:55 AM »
The data is there to support the request gentlemen.  Lunatic does have a point.  The Mary model has separated itself from the other Late War 5 ENY monsters by a respectable margin.  At what point is a perk added?  Another worthy note is the Dora was only slightly behind the Mary's 1.66 K/D with a 1.63 K/D ratio last tour and was also ahead of the Pony, Spit and LA.  Definitely time to lower the ENY on the Dora.  Maybe in the 5-8 range?
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2017, 11:46:10 AM »
The data is there to support the request gentlemen.  Lunatic does have a point.  The Mary model has separated itself from the other Late War 5 ENY monsters by a respectable margin.  At what point is a perk added?  Another worthy note is the Dora was only slightly behind the Mary's 1.66 K/D with a 1.63 K/D ratio last tour and was also ahead of the Pony, Spit and LA.  Definitely time to lower the ENY on the Dora.  Maybe in the 5-8 range?

You likely countered your own point.  "At what point is a perk added?"  We don't know, and apparently it hasn't exceeded that threshold yet.

It's hardly filling the skies and unbalancing the arena, it's just doing well in the hands of some, and one squad devoted to it in particular.  The way they're flying, if they used anything else similarly fast, they'd be putting up the same kinds of numbers.  It's not the plane in their case it's the operator.

We have a tendency to focus on A2A fighting an awful lot and forget that ENY is about more than what planes do against other planes.  Likely the reason the D9 isn't lower ENY is due to the fact it can't carry ord like most of the lower ENY stuff.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2017, 11:48:45 AM »
The data is there to support the request gentlemen.  Lunatic does have a point.  ...

The data is open to interpretation. 

Is Lunatic complaining that he gets too many kills when he flies the P-47M? 

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2017, 11:59:05 AM »
due to the fact it can't carry ord like most of the lower ENY stuff.

It's hardly filling the skies and unbalancing the arena, it's just doing well in the hands of some, and one squad devoted to it in particular.  The way they're flying, if they used anything else similarly fast, they'd be putting up the same kinds of numbers.  It's not the plane in their case it's the operator.

^^^This^^^
Wag more, bark less.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2017, 12:01:27 PM »
You likely countered your own point.  "At what point is a perk added?"  We don't know, and apparently it hasn't exceeded that threshold yet.

We have a tendency to focus on A2A fighting an awful lot and forget that ENY is about more than what planes do against other planes.  Likely the reason the D9 isn't lower ENY is due to the fact it can't carry ord like most of the lower ENY stuff.

Wiley.
I use the Dora as a role plane. It does carry ords and she is the queen of porkers. Very fast lots of cannons and a 500Kg pr 250Kg bomb. That's a great package for A2G field prep especially considering the speed she has. The K/D is higher than lower ENY planes that do not carry ord. The plane may need an adjustment. It's for HTC to decide I am merely conversing.  The operator plane argument is never considered when ENY is adjusted
 just the overall plane stats. Individual stats would and even squad stats would vary wildly but the plane usage and overall K/D is telling in this case.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2017, 12:05:10 PM by waystin2 »

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: August 04, 2017, 12:03:43 PM »
     Perking planes, I believe degrades from the positive marketing aspect of the game for beginners.   Brand new players aquire  very few perk points in the first few weeks of participation but have to go against.
  the A-team with the High End planes, and get shot to pieces, frustrated and I'm certain many quit.   I think  ENY does  what it is basically supposed too, but could use some tweaking.  Although with something as complex as this, there are holes in any process.   perk points don't keep most veterans from upping a plane.  With a steady supply coming in and a mass banked, So maybe perking is not the best solution, changing ENY may be.      I  went 26  for 7 Yesterday  with an  F4U1 " ENY25". The losses  3 collisions 2 ditches   2 abshuesses, 1 from a lanc and 1 from a Marauder. And My K/D ration is rarely much more than 1to1.  3  victories were   1 Razorback -11 and 2 Jugs a -40 and an M.  Also virtually all my 262 and 234 vics are with P47s and Spit XIVs. 

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2017, 12:10:49 PM »
I use the Dora as a role plane. It does carry ords and she is the queen of porkers. Very fast lots of cannons and a 500Kg pr 250Kg bomb. That's a great package for A2G field prep especially considering the speed she has. The K/D is higher than lower ENY planes that do not carry ord. The plane may need an adjustment. It's for HTC to decide I am merely conversing.  The operator plane argument is never considered when ENY is adjusted
 just the overall plane stats. Individual stats would and even squad stats would vary wildly but the plane usage and overall K/D is telling in this case.

Wow, my apologies I phrased that badly.  I meant the D9 can't carry as much ord as most of the lower ENY stuff.  It does have the one bomb but it doesn't have rockets or 2 bomb capability.  IMO that makes a big difference.

Regarding the jug though, it's effective but it's not filling the sky.  If it's a problem, the LA7's more of one.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2017, 12:21:09 PM »
When the 47M was introduced:

(...)  On the ordnance, I was torn.  Had this plane been introduced as a low level perk plane, I probably would have left the ordnance options available.  As an unperked plane, I prefer to confine it to its historical role so as not to make it the definitive 47 in the MA.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline DmonSlyr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2017, 12:26:25 PM »
Surprised no one has mentioned the 190D. As it gets more kills and has a better K/D normally than the P47M. 190D gets about a 1000 more kills with the same or better K/D. Just saying.
The Damned(est. 1988)
-=Army of Muppets=-
2014 & 2018 KoTH ToC Champion

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2017, 12:53:56 PM »
     Perking planes, I believe degrades from the positive marketing aspect of the game for beginners.   Brand new players aquire  very few perk points in the first few weeks of participation but have to go against the A-team with the High End planes, and get shot to pieces, frustrated and I'm certain many quit.   I think  ENY does  what it is basically supposed too, but could use some tweaking.  Although with something as complex as this, there are holes in any process.   perk points don't keep most veterans from upping a plane.  With a steady supply coming in and a mass banked, So maybe perking is not the best solution, changing ENY may be.

ENY will affect new players as well as the "A-team".  Maybe new players should be exempt from ENY for their first 30 (?) days.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: August 04, 2017, 12:56:02 PM »
perk points don't keep most veterans from upping a plane

Agreed.  And perked planes in the hands of noobs don't pose any elevated threat.

- oldman

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: August 04, 2017, 01:04:36 PM »
ENY will affect new players as well as the "A-team".  Maybe new players should be exempt from ENY for their first 30 (?) days.

Unintended consequences.

You have to know that people will close their accounts and open a new account every 30 days so the can fly perk planes free forever.

It's too bad too.  This is actually an idea I like.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2017, 01:05:40 PM »
Wow, my apologies I phrased that badly.  I meant the D9 can't carry as much ord as most of the lower ENY stuff.  It does have the one bomb but it doesn't have rockets or 2 bomb capability.  IMO that makes a big difference.

Regarding the jug though, it's effective but it's not filling the sky.  If it's a problem, the LA7's more of one.

Wiley.
Actually take a look at last months Stats.  It's surprising.  The Dora was more of  problem than the LA-7. 

Dora had 3,163 kills with 1,938 deaths and a K/D of 1.63 ENY 10
LA7 had 2,214 kills with 1,925 deaths and a K/D of 1.15 ENY 5
P-47M had 1,930 kills with 1,164 deaths and a K/D of 1.66 ENY 5

I do not have a horse in this race as I use all of these planes at one time or the other.  Just conversing the numbers. :aok