Author Topic: P47-M  (Read 13473 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: P47-M
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2017, 01:29:27 PM »
Actually take a look at last months Stats.  It's surprising.  The Dora was more of  problem than the LA-7. 

Dora had 3,163 kills with 1,938 deaths and a K/D of 1.63 ENY 10
LA7 had 2,214 kills with 1,925 deaths and a K/D of 1.15 ENY 5
P-47M had 1,930 kills with 1,164 deaths and a K/D of 1.66 ENY 5

I do not have a horse in this race as I use all of these planes at one time or the other.  Just conversing the numbers. :aok

Can't argue with that, but like I said ENY's got more to do with overall capability including potential ground ability than pure dogfighting.

The whole ENY system's a bit subjective anyways, IMO.  I think certain planes have values that are a bit high for their capability for reasons I can only guess at.  D9, Brewster, 47D11, a few others.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline BBP

• Copper Member
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2017, 01:46:08 PM »
I can't see perking the P-47 M. Like Puller says its just plane slow, terrible in vertical and  is brought down by eny planes in the 40's. No way - no how should it be perked. And I rarely fly it.
Now that dadgum YAK-3 needs to be perked at 25. Anyone who flies it can take down anything cept 262. Instead of picking on the p-47-m, why not get another plane or two to compete with it. I would like to see planes rotate in and out of the game. One month 3 planes come out of the game chosen at random. Then the next month 3 more but different planes come out. That way guys who hibernate in just one plane will be forced to expand his horizons!!!!
Kimo

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2017, 01:48:32 PM »
Can't argue with that, but like I said ENY's got more to do with overall capability including potential ground ability than pure dogfighting.

The whole ENY system's a bit subjective anyways, IMO.  I think certain planes have values that are a bit high for their capability for reasons I can only guess at.  D9, Brewster, 47D11, a few others.

Wiley.
You forgot the La5. At ENY 30 it is by far the best fighter per ENY ratio. The La7 stole its older brother's thunder, but the La5 is still a beast - that rarely gets out of the hangar.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2017, 01:52:50 PM »
You forgot the La5. At ENY 30 it is by far the best fighter per ENY ratio. The La7 stole its older brother's thunder, but the La5 is still a beast - that rarely gets out of the hangar.

Yeah.  That's another big one.  Like I said, there are others.  G14's ENY's a bit high for its capability IMO too.

My pet theory is they're there to give people something to farm in.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2017, 01:57:00 PM »

I see la5s all the time
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2017, 01:59:58 PM »
I can't see perking the P-47 M. Like Puller says its just plane slow, terrible in vertical and  is brought down by eny planes in the 40's. No way - no how should it be perked. And I rarely fly it.
Now that dadgum YAK-3 needs to be perked at 25. Anyone who flies it can take down anything cept 262. Instead of picking on the p-47-m, why not get another plane or two to compete with it. I would like to see planes rotate in and out of the game. One month 3 planes come out of the game chosen at random. Then the next month 3 more but different planes come out. That way guys who hibernate in just one plane will be forced to expand his horizons!!!!
Kimo
The Yak-3 ENY 18 I believe is due for an adjustment as well in my opinion.  It had a better K/D last tour than the Spit 16 ENY 5.  Perk, nah.  Too drastic.  ENY adjust.  Yes.  10-12 like the Dora.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2017, 02:30:22 PM »
I would like to see planes rotate in and out of the game.

Wag more, bark less.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #37 on: August 04, 2017, 02:38:26 PM »
Quote from: BBP on Today at 01:46:08 PM
I would like to see planes rotate in and out of the game.

I am seconding Zoney on this.  No way.  Don't touch the toys.  I like the toybox full of choices!  :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #38 on: August 04, 2017, 02:47:13 PM »
Actually take a look at last months Stats.  It's surprising.  The Dora was more of  problem than the LA-7. 

Dora had 3,163 kills with 1,938 deaths and a K/D of 1.63 ENY 10
LA7 had 2,214 kills with 1,925 deaths and a K/D of 1.15 ENY 5
P-47M had 1,930 kills with 1,164 deaths and a K/D of 1.66 ENY 5

I do not have a horse in this race as I use all of these planes at one time or the other.  Just conversing the numbers. :aok

A lot has to do with the general flying of each plane.  The 190 is a vulcher meaning low risk players.  The M a bomber killer and a flying shotgun in a furball.  The La7 is small Tempest.

Agreed on the Yak3, it should have a lower eny.  Maybe not a 5 since the small ammo load out but low enough when a moderate side imbalance occurs it gets kicked out.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: August 04, 2017, 04:29:18 PM »
It is like flying a shotgun, but would that that would mean perking the 51, Ki84, spit 16, La7 and yak3? 

From the perk GV scaling, you would have a good point to perk more planes since in  GVs, the perk level dips down lower in the vehicle pool.

nope just the P47-M
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2017, 04:31:22 PM »
I am all for perking it for 1 point. The only reason is that it is a rare late war model that made the D's go extinct except for the role of bomb trucks.

I know a guy that says he thinks he heard someone say HT will perk it on the same game patch he is going to perk the 3-gun La7.
nope perk it as much as the Tempest.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2017, 04:33:51 PM »
The data is open to interpretation. 

Is Lunatic complaining that he gets too many kills when he flies the P-47M?
nope, just the opposite.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2017, 04:49:31 PM »
nope, just the opposite.

It certainly is.

The 410 is one example of how numbers can be skewed.

The fact that a dedicated squad, while working as a team, had such a large percentage of the overall kills is certainly a factor that has skewed the numbers for the M also.

No perks, maybe an ENY adjustment, only maybe.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2017, 09:53:37 PM »
I am all for perking it for 1 point. The only reason is that it is a rare late war model that made the D's go extinct except for the role of bomb trucks.

I know a guy that says he thinks he heard someone say HT will perk it on the same game patch he is going to perk the 3-gun La7.

I kinda think all those 9th AF Jug drivers might take offense at being called nothing but bomb trucks :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2017, 04:09:33 AM »
I kinda think all those 9th AF Jug drivers might take offense at being called nothing but bomb trucks :)
I was referring to the game, not history :)

In reality, the P47M was not a major improvement over the 56th D modela that were in service at the time. These were already over boosted to a similar level as the M and had close performance.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs