Author Topic: First time users video tutorial for Aces High 3 [Link]  (Read 806 times)

Offline Fishh

• Zinc Member
First time users video tutorial for Aces High 3 [Link]
« on: August 05, 2017, 05:32:52 PM »
S! all,

I was speaking with The Fugitive earlier and he said it would be great for me as a new (returning) player to come up with some real "basic" things to get started in Aces High 3 to lessen the initial learning curve.  :bhead The game is easy to get started when you know where to go and what options to change and how to set up your controller, etc. This video tutorial is not intended for mastery of any skills.  Instead of making a mega thread of my initial thoughts and steps to go to individual settings and "how to's" I thought I would make a video instead.  For all the new people please enjoy my 1 take calamity I call a tutorial!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgX0sxTL95U

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: First time users video tutorial for Aces High 3 [Link]
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 08:19:04 PM »
I didnt watch all of it yet, but the first 6 minutes were pretty good. One point however, you dont need to add credit card info when you start. Also when you first log in that first tab of arenas are all free arenas. Custom arenas are also available for up to 16 players, for free.

Pretty big selling point for new guys to test the waters.

Offline Fishh

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 09:46:38 PM »
Yep, I definitely need this reviewed privately.  I took the video down for now and pm'd you.  I pm'd skuzzy too to please take down this thread.  I'll edit the video down and correct the mistakes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2017, 04:01:08 PM »
I didnt watch all of it yet, but the first 6 minutes were pretty good. One point however, you dont need to add credit card info when you start. Also when you first log in that first tab of arenas are all free arenas. Custom arenas are also available for up to 16 players, for free.

Pretty big selling point for new guys to test the waters.

I strongly recommend new players spend a week or so just playing around with the off-line practice arena. You do have to spend some time learning how to fly the airplane.

It would be really helpful if some trainers would set up a custom arena periodically where new players could spend some time learning the game before they have to start paying.   Maybe when we start steam put up an announcement, "attention new players were playing tag in the custom arena tomorrow at five".
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2017, 04:18:45 PM »
I have been considering setting up a custom TA in the free arenas since they were released! I just havent seen enough players in the free arenas when I log in,but that doesnt mean it wont happen!!!  Been hoping with the steam launch that some new guys would take advantage and then I could set something up.

As it is I spend most week nights in the TA now,between 9pm and 11pm est.

:salute

Offline Vudu15

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2017, 11:31:08 PM »
I bumped my post of videos built just for this. also a link in my signature at the bottom.
"No odds too great"

"I was a horse ahead at the end" - Nathan Bedford Forrest
Training Video List https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL54E5CE