Author Topic: Incentivize / Reward Special Events Participants  (Read 653 times)

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
Incentivize / Reward Special Events Participants
« on: August 08, 2017, 11:28:35 AM »
I believe that Special Events, (FSO, Snapshots, Scenarios etc.), are the best part of the game.  I believe that players who participate in them stay longer and enjoy themselves more.

I would like to see participants rewarded with perk points for participating.  This will especially benefit the new players.  It does not hurt the old players, and I understand that most of those older players don't need the perks.  For a new guy though it could be a big deal.  Big enough to get them to try it, like it, and then stay longer.

As an example:

100 perks to Scenario players that participate in all 3 days or all of the 12 hour scenario

100 perks to FSO players that fly in all 3 per given month.

25 perks to "This Day In" Snapshots.

(Perks to be given in each category)

This might require some man hours to accomplish.  Maybe you go over the logs to confirm actual participation (not just sitting in the hanger), and I understand those of you who run these events are already quite busy.  I volunteer do whatever it takes to assume that workload, including going through CM training to accomplish this.
Wag more, bark less.

Offline bangsbox

• Silver Member
Re: Incentivize / Reward Special Events Participants
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 12:00:58 PM »
I love this idea for scenarios!

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 12:03:46 PM »
Interesting idea you have here, Zoney.....

Not sure how hard it would be to write the code for it to be automatically calculated by the game or if it would have to be calculated manually....

+ 1
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 01:41:33 PM »
Hmmmmm.  +1
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 01:47:30 PM »
Scenarios take themselves too seriously.

If we had people leading missions in the MA in-stead: I think people would stick around more/longer.

Offline Petey

• Copper Member
      • 56th FG Homepage
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 01:51:28 PM »
+1
Petey

56 FG "Zemke's Wolfpack"

Offline puller

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2017, 05:08:43 PM »

If we had people leading missions in the MA in-stead: I think people would stick around more/longer.

Obviously you've never flown in one...Why don't you lead a MA mission...Oh right you don't play...-1 to you

+1 for scenarios  :rock

Join JG52 for the hardest day :aok

FLY AXIS :aok :aok :aok
"The road to Hell is paved with good intentions."
CO   Anti-Horde

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2017, 05:12:15 PM »
Not a fan.  People should be in the scenario to participate in a structured event, not for a reward.  Seems to me it could result in people logging in to get the reward then "having something come up" on a regular basis, or just doing whatever they want to do anyways.

Or it could be a fantastic idea.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2017, 06:31:47 PM »

wrong, only some squads do missions and not all the time. they can be long and boring.
people used to do missions all the time not so much anymore. except Monday night. when rooks and bish mission ganged the knights. while it's pretty to see 10 sets of bombers headed your way. you say OH(S---) and try to shoot them down. KNIGHTS usually won't or don't do missions. most of the time scenarios are fun.
and I take it from what you said, you haven't flown in them, you and NU----x want a historical game well FSO's and Scenarios are historical based missions, Like The Battle Of Britain coming up on Aug-18th.

and by the way it's Melee arena not MA.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 07:28:41 PM »
The examples sound like Participation trophies....Im more for perks for accomplishments or achievements for doing things like Winning a KOTH or leading a squad in scenario.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2017, 05:44:28 AM »
This is actually a good idea!

It really does target the new players - vetrans with 10,000+ perks are hardly affected.

Award all participants with a perk amount similar to MA map reset award (scenario frames) or less for small events. Give the winning side a little extra.

+1  :aok
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline BowHTR

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2017, 08:52:19 AM »
<snip>

and by the way it's Melee arena not MA.

Melee Arena
AH Supporter Since Tour 35

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2017, 10:49:07 AM »
The examples sound like Participation trophies....Im more for perks for accomplishments or achievements for doing things like Winning a KOTH or leading a squad in scenario.

Not a bad point. Participation should be a chance to win extra perks through actual merit.

Top gun on each side - bonus perks.

Top drop (buff) on each side - bonus buff perks.

Top tank on each side - bonus vehicle perks.

Not sure about organizational responsibilities, though. I understand showing appreciation for those that volunteer to ram-rod at any level in the organized event but, as said, game vets don't usually sweat their perk levels and most of these volunteers are vets of the game. But hey, there's not really anything else to award (except free flying time, and .... this game needs financial support from this, unfortunately, smaller community).

Personally, I've always thought of events as a player's 'immersion' chance. The draw is 'playing WWII.' This is the closest thing someone can come to experiencing what our fathers/grandfathers/great-grandfathers experienced during the war. Sure, there's re-enactments, air show stuff and dog-fighting in planes that shoot lasers at each other (some of which offers you the *physical* aspect of what it must have been like) but scenario/events in AH is the whole enchilada when it comes to battle planning with an unknown outcome, flying your mission and hoping for that 5 minutes or so of 'white knuckle sweat to survive as well as achieve glory' type of online play that feels almost as if you went back in time and 'was there.'

If I gotta bribe kids to try that, they don't get it to begin with. Maybe us vets aren't inspiring the new guys.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2017, 06:53:29 PM »
+1 it would be an great incentive for new players to try out FSO or any other scenario that otherwise would not have tried it.
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2017, 06:41:12 PM »

I could imagine paying with my perk points as incentives for people to join my mission. As long as they do what the mission requires them to do. But then, if people join to earn points, performance expectations probably can't be that high anyway.