Author Topic: certain planes on V-bases  (Read 1074 times)

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
Re: certain planes on V-bases
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2017, 01:07:16 AM »
I can see the I-16 for sure, but the Brew, I'm thinking no.  At least the I-16 can ground pound a little with her rockets in defense.  Track a tank can make the difference. :)

But why only at V-bases?  Why not at ports as well?  I know you mean for some v-bases, and this can be so for ports as well. :aok

I forgot to include ports  +1
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2017, 01:09:01 AM »
yeah on some V-bases the T-34-85 and tiger1 and maybe panzerH
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2017, 01:10:06 AM »
Why not just allow all EW planes or all 25 Eny planes available at vbases or ports as an experiment?
[/quote

-1 sorry sir

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2017, 09:04:44 AM »
yeah on some V-bases the T-34-85 and tiger1 and maybe panzerH

Next time you see it, please post in bug report terrain and field.

HiTech

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2017, 10:31:52 AM »
Why not just allow all EW planes or all 25 Eny planes available at vbases or ports as an experiment?

+1      :pray
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline DubiousKB

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2017, 10:52:18 AM »
+1 for a basic set of GV attack aircraft

-1 for re-arm pad.
56th Fighter Group -  Jug Life

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2017, 11:40:42 AM »
Next time you see it, please post in bug report terrain and field.

HiTech

roger that will do :rock

Offline EagleDNY

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2017, 01:45:12 PM »
-1 for anything but the Storch at a V-Base.   Certainly no re-arm pads either.   

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2017, 02:01:30 PM »
I can see the I-16 for sure, but the Brew, I'm thinking no.  At least the I-16 can ground pound a little with her rockets in defense.  Track a tank can make the difference. :)

But why only at V-bases?  Why not at ports as well?  I know you mean for some v-bases, and this can be so for ports as well. :aok

During the alpha I tested the runways on the new objects extensively. The best vBase to enable a fighter for is the 1x1 mile with the asphalt runway. The port, I could just get the Am6 family on 25% fuel up or the F4f. Landing, Waffle placed a tree right where you need to be low and very slow to stop on that short runway just at the hanger. Otherwise you end up in the water past the hanger.

The I-16 and Brewster are a logical compromise to give you something to up with but not turn a vBase into a forward airfield 3-6 miles from another airfield. The minimum distance for locating airfield objects on Melee arena terrains is 19 miles, with at this time a specific exception for 12 miles. Granted I was worried about the 16in guns on the battleship when Hitech asked me to put them out of every port on my terrain, my fears were unfounded. It's taken almost a decade to see the equivalent of a mini forward airbase with those two planes enabled. I suspect Hitech is now allowing it to be real time tested for unintended consequences as it is for awhile.

Maybe a new rule for base placement of 12 miles from the nearest airfield, port, or vBase to have a limited few more planes enabled with the I16 and Brewster along with available ordinance. And no rearm to limit you a bit so vBases don't become a mini airfield with 3 vehicle hangers. Make the most powerful bomber you can get out of one the HurriC with 2 500lb bombs. The more plane types you allow to up increasing the ability to destroy tanks easily, the more you remove the purpose of a vBase and punish the paying customers who GV. Then you will get some genius in a box of bombers flying over every 15minutes killing the fighter hanger. As is, if only a HurriC with two 500lb was enabled, curtosy wirbles would swamp the nearest enemy spawn while tanks would make sure to camp the runway from long distance just to pick the spawned in Hurri. 
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2017, 05:09:01 PM »
-1 on aircraft at V-bases (except for the Storch, of course). Otherwise, it's just a small airfield. I like the different dynamic it creates, having V-bases without combat AC. Now ports, that's a different story. There, I'd like to see float and sea planes at ports. It would create another unique dynamic.
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2017, 12:05:04 AM »
another phrase I dilike used in this game besides Immerson is unique dynamic.

having a I-16 and a B239 Brewster at a V-Base does not make it a air field.

Offline Sabre

• Gold Member
      • Rich Owen
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2017, 01:32:32 PM »
another phrase I dilike used in this game besides Immerson is unique dynamic.

having a I-16 and a B239 Brewster at a V-Base does not make it a air field.

Unless they're on static display, I'm pretty sure it does. :P :rofl Seriously, and your literary preferences aside, the primary point of having V-bases is to create a different style of combat operations around them, a different flavor, as it were. I just don't see a need, but respect that you see it differently. :salute
Sabre
"The urge to save humanity almost always masks a desire to rule it."

Offline Zygote404

• Copper Member
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2017, 09:59:50 AM »
I suggested some planes for vbases way back in AH1 and got a lot of flack for it.  Vbases / rudimentary bases did have aircraft on them during WWII, they were rugged wide landing gear ac.  Spits / 109s and other ac with weak landing gear generally weren't suitable.

Mossie, p40, p39 etc would be a good idea. 

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2017, 10:15:50 AM »
Also if you can teleport a 40 ton tank to an enemy base, how about being able to spawn storches?