Author Topic: Field of view bug?  (Read 474 times)

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
Field of view bug?
« on: August 09, 2017, 04:21:53 PM »
Never experienced this before.  If I up in a manned gun (shore batt, ship, or field), my gun sight reticle is way off to the left.  But when I zoom in, I zoom in to the center of the screen.  This does not happen in gv's, fighters, bomber manned gun positions, or the 17 pounder.  Just in the field and ship guns.  Even when I hit my home key and re-save with F10, the reticle goes right back to way off to the left if I try to zoom in and out.  And the bullets or rounds go where the reticle is pointing to way off to the left (not to the center of the screen).

Also, one other thing.  When I hop in a gun at first, the gun sight is off to the left, and the bullets I fire go to the left.  After I hit home, the gun sight is back in the middle of the screen, and the bullets go there.  Then if I hit zoom in and out, the entire field of view swings toward the right, leaving the gun sight and aim point off to the left (pointing at the target I had "homed" to), and the center of the screen pointing to what was once the right side of the field of view.

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: Field of view bug?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2017, 04:44:17 PM »
I duplicated it by getting into a 37mm on a base. I turned on mouse pan and moved my default head position slightly to the left and hit F10. The files that were generated by this are in the planes sub-directory under the settings directory.

drunksl.hps
drunksl.pwl

If those are in there, rename them or delete them and see if that solves your default view problem.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline 8thJinx

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 04:51:01 PM »
Success!  Thanks bustr.    :banana:

B-24H Liberator SN 294837-T, "The Jinx", 848th BS, 490th BG, 8th AF, RAF Station Eye, delivered 1943.  Piloted by Lt. Thomas Keyes, named by by his crew, and adorned with bad luck symbols, the aircraft survived the entire war.

Offline RSLQK186

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 06:59:00 PM »
drunksl.hps
drunksl.pwl

The first 5 letters of these file names suggests slewed perspective.
 :bolt:
Hacksaw- THE UNFORGIVEN
Founder- Special events contingent
"I'm very very sneaky"