Author Topic: Mouse Ball works most of the time But . . .  (Read 1294 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Mouse Ball works most of the time But . . .
« on: August 13, 2017, 08:12:26 AM »
The VR works but there are times it can take many clicks to select an item.  Anybody else have this problem and if so, do you have a solution?

It can be really frustrating as an example  when ords are down and you up like a P-38L loaded and have to click ords message I think 12 times one for each rocket and bomb.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 08:15:14 AM by Randy1 »

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
Re: Mouse Ball works most of the time But . . .
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2017, 08:44:02 AM »
Same issue here. I try to get rid of the introduction videos. Not that I do not appreciate the effort but with every tower or Hangar appearance it can be a bit too much.

Tried to select the "do not show me again "button. No way I can select it. Zoom in, zoom out, get really close, nothing. Remapped the button twice to the occulus remote, to no success.

Also tried to be smart  :old:  :D and started from Occulus library in desktopmode and selected the "do not show again" box by mouse.

Well, back in VR vids were back again  :bhead  :bhead

Strange enough, in VR when the vid plays I can hit the pause button and it stops....

Any idea's? Thanks in advance....
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Gleams the blade,Shines my Honor
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 09:54:26 AM »
Yeah, don't try changing settings or key mappings in Oculus mode... it'll drive you nuts just to make one click. :D

And I still can't figure out how to get my speed/altitude indicator down from the high-right position...
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 12:44:47 PM »

you will have a file you can change for that:

C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hitech-creations-aces-high\settings\VR_newuserno.cfg

replace the 1 inside with a 0 and the videos will stop playing.

Same issue here. I try to get rid of the introduction videos. Not that I do not appreciate the effort but with every tower or Hangar appearance it can be a bit too much.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 03:21:56 PM »
Yeah, don't try changing settings or key mappings in Oculus mode... it'll drive you nuts just to make one click. :D

And I still can't figure out how to get my speed/altitude indicator down from the high-right position...
In options>preferences>GUI ... it darkens the background of the various texts. click and drag appropriate box to where you want it. Pretty simple. If your backgroud doesnt darken at exact spot where your AIS text is, you will need to find its darkened "window pane/box" and drag it to new location
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 05:24:39 PM »
In options>preferences>GUI ... it darkens the background of the various texts. click and drag appropriate box to where you want it. Pretty simple. If your background doesn't darken at exact spot where your AIS text is, you will need to find its darkened "window pane/box" and drag it to new location
Ok - got the range/channel list down to a reasonable level, still nothing for the mini HUD.. I'll try again tonight if I have time. Thanks 1stpar3 for the suggestion.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2017, 06:25:28 PM »
 :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2017, 11:32:17 PM »
and....  IT WORKED!  For some reason - pre latest patch, nothing would move for me. Now, it's all setup nice and purdy.

Quick question - how do you change the size of the resolution of the screen that appears on your desktop while in VR? Does it always have to be visible? Cause my VR drives the game AND the window on my desktop. Wish I could have it turned off, hidden, and resized.

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2017, 06:00:03 AM »
you will have a file you can change for that:

C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hitech-creations-aces-high\settings\VR_newuserno.cfg

replace the 1 inside with a 0 and the videos will stop playing.

Thank you sir.

Did the trick  :aok

Edit...

It says "0 "which probably is from changing the setting in desktop mode. Yet in VR it still keeps running.....  :bhead :bhead :bhead
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 06:03:13 AM by McShark »
The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence. -Charles Bukowski
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2017, 07:03:53 AM »
there are two files.

newuserno.cfg   <---desktop mode

VR_newuserno.cfg  <---- vr mode.

make sure you change the VR one.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2017, 09:16:51 AM »
Tried iracing.  They use a regular mouse controlled pointer.   AH's mouse ball works better than iracing mouse pointer.  Must be a problem inherent to VR.

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 11:43:47 AM »
there are two files.

newuserno.cfg   <---desktop mode

VR_newuserno.cfg  <---- vr mode.

make sure you change the VR one.

No sir, not available on my rig. I could write one? Copy / rename the regular file......

Just an idea....

Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 02:56:54 PM »
absolutely

just copy the one you have and add the VR_ on the front and give that a shot.

Offline McShark

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2017, 03:13:56 PM »
absolutely

just copy the one you have and add the VR_ on the front and give that a shot.

Yep, that did the trick.

Solved, TY sir  :cheers:
Tour 19 - 163 McShark
Tour 163 -      Barkhorn

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2017, 03:18:06 PM »
 :cheers: