Author Topic: Sea mode  (Read 275 times)

Offline 1Cane

• Silver Member
Sea mode
« on: August 16, 2017, 11:56:16 AM »
Today on crater and the last map.  Sea mode is not working correctly.  The white site slews to port and the yellow site goes hard to starboard.  If sailing directly at a target it occasionally works correctly :airplane:
AkCaine

Offline Kingpin

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
Re: Sea mode
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2017, 05:14:21 PM »
I have noticed this recently as well, but even before this patch I believe.  It also happens in Land Mode and with 5" guns and 8" guns alike.

It happened most recently to me on Monday night.  The rear 5" guns on the new Battleship would not work correctly in Land Mode. While in the rear 5" guns, if I clicked on the town in Land Mode, the rear 5" gun would instead slew hard to the rear of the ship and would not turn correctly, even though the target was well within range and traverse of the gun (abreast of the ship).  I could manually (Land or Sea Mode off) turn the gun and fire in that direction, but Land Mode aiming would result in the above.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to systematically test this or identify specific circumstances when it does happen (other than the information above).  However, it seems like what may be happening is the Land or Sea Mode targeting process may occasionally be attempting the turn the gun in the wrong direction, putting the gun at the extreme of it's traverse (in the opposite/wrong) direction and therefore unable to correctly train on the target.

<S>
KP
« Last Edit: August 16, 2017, 05:16:14 PM by Kingpin »
Quote from: bozon
For those of us playing this game for well over a decade, Aces High is more of a social club. The game just provides the framework. I keep logging in for the people and Pipz was the kind that you keep coming to meet again.