Author Topic: LONG stutters  (Read 2320 times)

Offline SysError

• Silver Member
Re: LONG stutters
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2017, 06:17:55 PM »
I have been experiencing what I would call “stuttering” as well.  I do not know if in fact we are experiencing the same type of issue, but I would say that the game “stutters” on me, sometimes to the point of making AH3 “unplayable”.

Although I am not playing AH3 as much as I used to (and would like to), including today, I have had three different experiences were the game became “unplayable”.  In each case, however, I noticed that my PC (Win 10 64 bit) was downloading an MS update in the background.  I waited each time for the updates to download, (which on one occasion meant waiting over an hour), and then AH3 would seem to be fine.

I do not know if this is all just a coincidence, I am just putting my observations out there.

(BTW: I have an older PC, (8 years old?), and while I had to upgrade the video card, the PC itself is not that far off from the AH3 Recommended specs.  Just a guess, but I think that this issue might be unrelated to a PCs age or spec). :old:

=======================
SysError

Dante's Crew

Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2017, 07:20:36 PM »
Like Zoney said, not all computers display the long pause.  I have never seen it in my home computer or my work computer.  Hitech has not seen it on his systems either.

It also seems AMD may have fixed it in a driver update.

It really feels like a resource issue between the video card and driver.  By the way, GTAV has the same long pause issue as well, but it will not show up on every computer.

No one, to date, has been able to provide a reliable method to recreate the issue and a lot of people have tried.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2017, 12:59:49 AM »
Updating my nvidia drivers, flashing my bios and fixing my temperatures didn't do the trick. I'm back on the dx9 version which works flawlessly.