Author Topic: Battle of Britain scenario is epic  (Read 5081 times)

Offline BBQsam

• Nickel Member
Re: Battle of Britain scenario is epic
« Reply #45 on: August 21, 2017, 10:51:52 PM »
<Salute> Brooke

HOW did you survive that????
Your He111 was tougher than 3 B-17s

BTW  The nose gun on your vid from the inside view is BACKWARDS.  Go look at your film from the inside and its pointing Backwards?   How is that???  :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

\
added:

Brooke I just now watching your external video of same event, also from exterior your He111s nose gun is Backward.  I will have to check my He111s to see if they are backwards.  Is this a known bug?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2017, 11:00:13 PM by BBQsam »
"I have really only one simple rule,
Give more to the game than you take away."
Zoney  December 23, 2009  ahbbs
--------------------------------------------------
<Salute> Pipz    September 27, 2017   RIP

Offline DaddyAce

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: August 21, 2017, 11:13:04 PM »
 :rock

Great fun; wish I could have done the full 12, but had to share some time with my sons too!

Thanks to all who found time to participate, and especially so to all who worked so hard to organize and lead us!    :salute

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2017, 12:44:49 AM »
<Salute> Brooke

HOW did you survive that????
Your He111 was tougher than 3 B-17s

By my amazing skill as a bomber pilot, of course.   :aok

Seriously, a lot of luck and thanks to spit i,s having 303s and not 20mm or 50cal.

BTW  The nose gun on your vid from the inside view is BACKWARDS.  Go look at your film from the inside and its pointing Backwards?   How is that???  :headscratch: :headscratch: :headscratch:

\
added:

Brooke I just now watching your external video of same event, also from exterior your He111s nose gun is Backward.  I will have to check my He111s to see if they are backwards.  Is this a known bug?

I think that gun position was shot out, and thats the graphic of it being dead.  It doesnt look like that normally.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2017, 01:08:34 AM »
I think it's a glitch you see on other bombers as well, when you jump to a turret, it will "snap" to the nearest limit based on your last gunner view. Until you do that, the gun follows your view when aiming other guns, it just can't fire. Same for waist gunners on B17s and such that I've seen. If you're in a tail gun and jump to the cockpit, you haven't "reset" the forward gun's last known angle. It corrects itself if you jump to it.

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2017, 01:27:49 AM »
For those who wanna relive the full 12 hour event with me you may watch the recording at the following link:
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/168206660

Warning breathing in the mic lots. Also by the end it was 6 AM so i kinda lost my cognitief abilities.
(skip the first 2 hours nothing going on,. burv and his minions went to the french shores wile we defended the coast...)

I had a blast, looking forward to next year  :salute

DutchVII
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: August 22, 2017, 01:34:10 AM »
 was there a win or lose situation..
Like who won?
I know we all did because we had fun...but...
Who won?
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #51 on: August 22, 2017, 06:47:53 AM »
stop calling them my minions its very rude!

we had scout duty first hour so we went and found them. 

i agree with those who said it wasnt right but if you didnt take so long climbing we wouldnt have been over there.  as you saw later on coming in low and under dot dar was smarter, quicker and more effective.  its what i would have done considering the turn around times.

after that very successful first 2 hours i have to say our scouts werent good enough.  we had very little warning where the bombers were and they started getting through. 
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2017, 07:23:01 AM »

That's actually really cool BFOOT, nice work on that!!  :aok

Did a little more editing, and added Dace in there as well, that should be the final.  :cheers:

I hope to continue this for the scenarios to come, perhaps it'll bring more people in.
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline BFOOT1

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2017, 08:01:49 AM »
That's actually really cool BFOOT, nice work on that!!  :aok

Thank you so kindly! I've still found some minor errors that are frustrating, but overall I like it. Whenever we decide on the next scenario, I'll create a new one that will list the squadrons being deployed, and which group is needing replacements. Hopefully people will hop on board.
Member of G3MF
III Gruppe, 8 Staffel, JG52, flying Black 12 (Kuban Scenario)

Offline TWCAxew

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: August 22, 2017, 08:11:40 AM »
stop calling them my minions its very rude!

Yes Bruv i will stop :angel:

(i was not complaining, just the reason i was a bit bored :P)
DutchVII / ULDutch
~~2019 KOTH/TOC Champion~~
https://ahevents.net/index.php/events/scenarios/about-scenarios
4 time scenario C.O. ~ As dew appears, As dew Vanishes, Such is my life, Everything in this world, Is but a dream within a dream.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: August 22, 2017, 08:33:34 AM »
was there a win or lose situation..
Like who won?
I know we all did because we had fun...but...
Who won?

Yes, I hope to have the results posted by Thursday evening.
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #56 on: August 22, 2017, 08:46:49 AM »
Yes, I hope to have the results posted by Thursday evening.

I don't envy the task, working out what targets were hit at what time and if they were actually valid targets in that particular phase.

I think quite a few missions missed their time windows and were hit anyway.   :aok
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: August 22, 2017, 10:19:22 AM »

watching while i work, it's making me hungry.  :D

For those who wanna relive the full 12 hour event with me you may watch the recording at the following link:

Warning breathing in the mic lots. Also by the end it was 6 AM so i kinda lost my cognitief abilities.
(skip the first 2 hours nothing going on,. burv and his minions went to the french shores wile we defended the coast...)

DutchVII
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #58 on: August 22, 2017, 01:04:58 PM »
but if you didnt take so long climbing we wouldnt have been over there.  as you saw later on coming in low and under dot dar was smarter, quicker and more effective.
We had 12 hours to kill, this was all part of the plan. Test your reaction times, response times, and how willing you were to go to which lengths.  All in the first sortie ;)  A disposable hour to learn much. Both raids were per the plan we designed at our first group meeting  :cheers:  That was a fantastic battle.  Very proud of the Axis effort, Impressed with the Allies.  The opposition was intense and enjoyable. 
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Pluto

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: August 25, 2017, 11:35:30 AM »

DutchVII

I think Bgoldy and I may need to hire a counselor.