Author Topic: NEW STEAM PLAYERS  (Read 1278 times)

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
NEW STEAM PLAYERS
« on: August 24, 2017, 10:25:35 AM »
To all new Steam Players.

If you are looking to stick around and learn the game, my squad is designed to help you to the next level in the game.  Respond here, shoot me a PM, or find me in game.  My in game name is "SlipKnoT".

We work on base taking.  Attack, Bombers, Fighters, GVs...   All of it.

+++Maggot Suicide Squad+++

Currently Knight on VOX 166.  All are welcome.  Same applies to returning players.

:rock
SlipKnoT

AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
Re: NEW STEAM PLAYERS
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2017, 06:52:56 AM »
+1 Great guy and Great squad.  Many great and helpful guys in the squad.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2017, 02:18:41 PM »
+1 I try to jump into slips missions when my normal group isn't on. Even a grumpy old vet likes a mission every once in awhile.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Petey

• Copper Member
      • 56th FG Homepage
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2017, 12:04:03 PM »
Honorable outfit and dedicated to helping new players get up to speed.   

Petey

56 FG "Zemke's Wolfpack"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2017, 07:59:22 AM »
Several times I have seen new players ask for help in the text buffer and some experienced player would post a snide reply. 

Then the opposite occur.  An experienced player thought he was trying to help a new player on vox.  The new player slammed the helper with some thing like,"  I flew AW and AH years ago so just shut up."

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 06:19:55 PM »
Several times I have seen new players ask for help in the text buffer and some experienced player would post a snide reply. 

Then the opposite occur.  An experienced player thought he was trying to help a new player on vox.  The new player slammed the helper with some thing like,"  I flew AW and AH years ago so just shut up."

It's often a fine line you have to walk when offering help. I just use the old kill them with kindness technique.... :devil

If told to "just shut up" I'd simply say,"sorry my mistake"!

:salute

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2017, 11:33:22 AM »
Please let these new players know.  Have them come to me and I will train them the best way that I can.

:rock
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2017, 05:03:57 AM »

Randy1, if you don't mind, the next times you see someone posting snide remarks to new players looking for/asking for help on the help channel, right click that "snide remarks replying player's" gameid and text & vox report them, please

This will flag the logs so Skuzzy and HiTech will be able to see who is doing it and can take care of it

Thanks for posting about it and I hope this helps

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC