Author Topic: Issue with Steam starting Aces High (Solved/Kinda)  (Read 581 times)

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Issue with Steam starting Aces High (Solved/Kinda)
« on: August 25, 2017, 12:43:00 AM »
After posting my last issue with trying to log in, I attempted to start the Aces High client through steam a second time.

For some reason, it fails to initiate. Nothing happens. Briefly, my steam 'status' in the friends list will show me as 'playing Aces High', for less than a second after trying to start AH. Then it disappears as if I've exited the game.

No windows open, nothing appears to happen besides that. I've tried logging in and out of Steam, and completely restarting Steam. Going to try a system reboot now.

*System reboot had no effect. Can not open Aces High through Steam or desktop shortcut. Steam will show AH as 'Running' for approx. 2 second before it goes away.

** Verifying Integrity of Game Files option through steam seemed to have worked. There was 1 file that went missing after I closed the game, and was 'reacquired.'

I was able to replicate this a couple times on my end.

1) Open AH
2) Attempt to join a server
3) Prompt to make an online handle
4) Exit prompt
5) Exit game (return to menu or exit form server selection did not matter)
6) Attempt to restart AH. Failure.
7) Re-validate game cache from Steam finds and downloads 1 missing file (does not say which file)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 01:28:41 AM by EskimoJoe »
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Issue with Steam starting Aces High (Solved/Kinda)
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 08:43:08 AM »
That sounds like AH may not be going all the way down. Can you try again and check your task list?

Thanks

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 05:47:18 PM »
That sounds like AH may not be going all the way down. Can you try again and check your task list?

Thanks
I thought the same myself last night, and checked my task list. I didn't see it running in the task list (Aceshighsteam under Apps with Windows 10). There were several Steam background processes running, however nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Today I could not replicate the issue. I wonder if McAfee was interfering without notifying me, or perhaps a Windows update. I will try to isolate the cause further should it happen again.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2017, 06:31:59 AM »
MacAfee (Avast, Kaspersky and others) will interfere with the game and its proper operation.  Nothing we can do about that.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2017, 12:54:26 PM »
I thought the same myself last night, and checked my task list. I didn't see it running in the task list (Aceshighsteam under Apps with Windows 10). There were several Steam background processes running, however nothing seemed out of the ordinary.

Today I could not replicate the issue. I wonder if McAfee was interfering without notifying me, or perhaps a Windows update. I will try to isolate the cause further should it happen again.

Btw go to a dos prompt after recreating the problem type. Go into the steam  Aces High Folder and type "dir /w >../bad.txt" with out the quotes.

Let steam fix you and then go back to the same folder and type "dir /w >fixed.txt" then one level back from the aces high folder there should be 2 files bad.txt and fixed.txt. Attach  or post those 2 files.

They are simply a list of all files in AH

HiTech

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2017, 02:49:57 PM »
Btw go to a dos prompt after recreating the problem type. Go into the steam  Aces High Folder and type "dir /w >../bad.txt" with out the quotes.

Let steam fix you and then go back to the same folder and type "dir /w >fixed.txt" then one level back from the aces high folder there should be 2 files bad.txt and fixed.txt. Attach  or post those 2 files.

They are simply a list of all files in AH

HiTech

Okay. I will do this should it occur again.

MacAfee (Avast, Kaspersky and others) will interfere with the game and its proper operation.  Nothing we can do about that.

I was thinking that it could have been my antivirus the next day. Didn't think about it when I wrote the original post.