Author Topic: M3 Effectiveness.....  (Read 32033 times)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
M3 Effectiveness.....
« on: August 25, 2017, 07:35:50 PM »
Vehicles and planes are separate groups for the Sortie %
Name        Sortie %   
M-3                    35.91%
Wirbelwind             18.41%
T-34/85                 6.70%
Panzer IV H            13.33%

Since I guess I was hijacking another thread figured I'll start my own....

M3s make up almost identically as much and the next 2 vehicle sorties combined.

While in an M3, players aren't actively engaged in ANY form of combat(no sense arguing that it is, just ignorant if you think an M3 resembles any sort of combat in Aces High)

What they do, is make it so defenders dont have to engage in combat against an enemy to hold a field.

The war for the map generates combat by the progression of taking and losing fields.

My personal thoughts, remove town resupply completely, make it a standard 45 minute down time on town and make cargo trucks/trains/barges more valuable to defend.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: M3 Effectiveness.....
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 07:40:17 PM »
+1000000
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Copprhed

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2017, 09:13:42 PM »
No
Flight Leader: "Bogeys at 2 o'clock!"
Wingman: "Roger, It's 1:30 now, what do I do 'til then?"

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2017, 10:17:20 PM »
Damn right, Junky.

M3's are killing the game.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2017, 11:38:28 PM »
At a MINIMUM make the M3's actually reach the town boundary for their supps to credit any object.
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2017, 12:49:14 AM »
While in an M3, players aren't actively engaged in ANY form of combat(no sense arguing that it is, just ignorant if you think an M3 resembles any sort of combat in Aces High)

That is not true. There is an M3 75mm howitzer version that a lot of people use as an ambush vehicle or quick town attack attack vehicle.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2017, 12:51:59 AM »
Today, was having trouble finding a fight.  Looked at roster, 200+ in game.  Not in flight because things like M3 supply are the more effective way to fight.

Not more fun IMO but more effective.  It is one of the aspects of the game I would review as terrible if I was to write a review.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2017, 02:11:18 AM »
I am shocked this still has not been changed... :O

Offline wrench

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2017, 02:49:19 AM »
This game is about having fun and pissing off you "elite" players is...well...fun! Keep M3 resupply. Helps maintain a level playing field.  :ahand
« Last Edit: August 26, 2017, 03:01:38 AM by wrench »
Leave that thing alone!
Relax said the Knight, man, we are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2017, 03:27:34 AM »
Its not that guys in M3s are dodging combat at all! If the field is vulched and you cant get out of the hanger, what are we supposed to do to keep from losing the base? Go NOE on a base take, then you wont have to worry about sup runners. If it doesnt work out fast enough...more than likely you have kicked a hornets nest. Its the only way to fight back. Another Idea, harden all the guns and bunkers. This would negate the need for sups, as defenders would have a descent chance to defend. Wanna know why I believe sups happen more....Yeah, folk should quit rubbing base captures under their nose. Makes it hard to let go of a base. So what? M3s are resupplying and if it works, consider it a chance to extend the fight. It gives reason to up from back bases to clear fighters from your base. I guess maybe, you would have to give up your alt advantage to kill m3's lolI see it as a win win. Earn some vehicle perks and then turn right around and try to make some fighter perks. One caveat though, some of you guys dont get to play in East prime time, and with minuscule numbers of folk playing I can see the issue. KNITS 12,Bish 14    but 4 players are resupping,with 1 or2 others riding it out in the tower Sure it would get old. I just dont have that problem when I play. I cant remember the last time I flew to a Dar Bar, and couldnt kick up a fight.  I guess it could also be, that some countries could just care less about winning maps. Thats great! Every body else is in the same sandbox, so dont be the cat that thinks its a litter box! My guys have to play in that sandbox also and no one likes to play in cat stoole :aok
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline SirNuke

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2017, 03:31:57 AM »
+1 on the M3 nerf should have been done ages ago.

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 06:21:23 AM »
The basic mechanism of town resupply is OK - but needs tweeking.

1. The amount of damage fixed is too much.
2. The down-time reduction should apply first to the structures with longest time left - the effect will be to tend to equalize the time-left, so we will not play whack-a-mole with random buildings popping one after another.
3. The supply drop zone needs to be a short radius circle around the flag.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline gflyer

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2017, 06:40:33 AM »
What is the standard resupply mission time, 7 minutes? Minimum 3 runs to up a town?  Troop runs.. No surprise it is the highest % use. 

Reduced M3 effectiveness should be matched with an increase in object hardness, one set of bombers / m4 should not be able to WF a town.  And if you reduce M3 resupply, a reduction in number of troops carried in M3 should be made (or number to take increased).

For me, don't care much about M3s.  Know they are there and they are easily dealt with.  The Wirble is a much more overused determint to fighting.  Too easy, too effective, and the obvious first choice for a fight defense. 

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2017, 08:22:02 AM »
I made a half-dozen M3 runs last night -- to promote combat by restoring field radar and ack.
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2017, 08:57:37 AM »
why not link m3 to the ENY.  it makes no sense when the bish have 27 players in the am and the knights and rook don't have that many together for them to up 2 or 3 planes against a horde of 6-8.  if there was no resup for low number pieces the bish could flip a map 3 times a day with numbers they have.  doesn't seem fair to me.