Author Topic: M3 Effectiveness.....  (Read 32209 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: M3 Effectiveness.....
« Reply #135 on: September 28, 2017, 12:26:46 PM »
Makes me wonder if how M3's get used now is an untended consequence of something else innocent back in AH2? Even in AH2 we could resupply the town with an M3 or bring up the AAA during a fight. We had the 88 mostly as a nuisance. We have always been able to deliver field supplies to the airfield\port\vBase\strat and de-ack. In AH2 the grousing about M3 resupply abilities only started picking up in the two years before AH3 went live.

What changed in AH2 that moved the M3 into a higher status combat role changing community perception about using it from both sides of the complaints?

Low numbers probably, and the real fact that upping meant facing predominately vets who were not fun casual fights like the game provided once with higher player numbers. We all have learned from experience that players will find something to give them an edge and leverage it past the point of keeping the game fun. If some vets looking to slaughter anyone stupid enough to up against them are blowing up your field and town to try and make you fight. One M3 load to the town will bring back the ack and part of the town, and so forth. Hopping in an 88 and letting fly will make those vets be a bit more cautious and even bag one or two. Get a few more like minded countrymen observing how successful these tactics are and it gets a life of it's own. Why face experienced vets who are the defacto majority in the arena and fail most of the time to those decade or more experienced players? POTW watched this unfold before AH3 went live. It's why Waystin became very good at de-acking feilds with a YakT and landing vulches from the endeavor. He wanted to get at the red guys or punish them by breaking their fields.

This is at the root of where we are now: Why face experienced vets who are the defacto majority in the arena and fail most of the time to those decade or more experienced players?

Late at night if you are one or two guys defending a field against 3 or more vets, why are they supposed to chuck their evening for the vets enjoyment when all they want to do is stop the vets from taking their field? And during the prime time window, there is no rule against resupplying with M3's anytime you choose to or shooting at planes with manned guns instead of a fighter. Lets give Hitech the respect that he is just as aware of all of this as we. In that case, give him the respect of outlining how you think the game has to be changed to make "you happy". Right now you guys are grousing and hoping he will get your inferences so you don't have to sound silly. Mostly the gist is take away M3's supplying abilities, remove manned guns, limit GV's and Force players to fight your way.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Biggamer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #136 on: September 28, 2017, 01:30:55 PM »
Bustr while i wish we could not resupp at all im not asking for it to be taken out just tied to strats or nerf a little bit on the number of minutes or % per box just enough that it is not the goto defence method it would still be effective just not as much other means such as tanks bombers or fighters.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 01:34:07 PM by Biggamer »
G3-MF

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: September 28, 2017, 02:01:52 PM »
You want a group of players to change how they play the game without them deciding to change how they play. How do you do that?

Most of this requires brute force from Hitech.

1. - Change the objects they use so the objects cannot impact the game.
2. - Change the game itself to make using those objects no longer viable.
3. - Impose rules against the community controlling using those objects other than in a narrowly described way.
4. - Wait for the game to evolve again, evolution got the game to where you don't like it. And it was a very obvious evolution while it happened.

From experience 1-2 takes a lot of "reasoning" with Hitech and may or may not happen while evolution during that time moves the focus of the complaints. And 2-3 can happen over night if something like ENY has to be imposed or changing the down time and amount of tonnage to destroy the HQ is imposed. Can you prove to Hitech that the things you are angry about are creating the extreme conditions under which he imposed ENY and the change to the HQ? If not, the forums are full of examples from the past of subjects that were reasoned to death and the game moved on taking the goal post with it spurring new subjects.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #138 on: September 28, 2017, 02:02:23 PM »
In my opinion, give them (the dedicated furballers) their own small arena, with that type of setup and map. Remove all the obstacles that get in the way of furballin and spawn camping, like resupplying, capture-able bases, scores, ranks and let them have their Arcade type fun. Then we can keep the main arena for combat simulation. If we keep watering down the  MA We're going to end up with "War Thunder".

Thats what the DA was... but few used it
 :bolt:

P.S.
I used to say to those that only wanted furball, why not just to DA?
I don't recall the reasons they gave
 :airplane:

« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:09:58 PM by Ramesis »
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: September 28, 2017, 02:16:31 PM »
Thats what the DA was... but few used it
 :bolt:

P.S.
I used to say to those that only wanted furball, why not just to DA?
I don't recall the reasons they gave
 :airplane:

Some of us are talking about fights in the main arena.. not duels.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #140 on: September 28, 2017, 02:43:21 PM »
At some point the risk tolerance and real goals of those playing the game is pushed to the fore front in every engagement. You can witness it first hand watching the combat and be inundated through text and VOX with rancorous opinions about it. A block of players want to "win" by any available means possible without having to sacrifice themselves repeatedly to acquire skills and experience. It takes forever in this game to become skilled and experienced. Another block wants to fight, and have superior experience and skills at "fighting".

It's predominately the fighting block in these forums yelling at Hitech to change the game because the other block is destroying the game with it's win by any available means possible.

Back to how do you change the game when it will require Hitech to force any changes against the "win by any available means" block to make you happy? Simply blaming Hitech for killing the game because you are unhappy, tends to illuminate your solutions will require force of Hitech against part of his customers.

You want to get more people in the air instead of everything else to win. Try treating this like a "game", stop making people suffer through something like flight school to pay their thousands of hard knock death dues. Show them one thing that perceptibly will change their ability to win in the air against average players. Why else are they turning to win by any other means possible? They pay Hitech to feel good about themselves in this entertainment venue. Not be dog food and feel like a looser for the next 18 months.

bustr - POTW 1st Wing

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #141 on: September 28, 2017, 02:59:57 PM »
The number of minutes each box takes off the times needs to be tied to the strats if town buildings are down for over 100 mins then 10 mins per box would be fine if town is only down 30 mins then 3 minutes per box. the way it is right now 2 people in a M3 can stop a 15 man mission in about 7 minutes time.   you want to know why people avoid combat and go for undefended bases this right here is why The M3 is way to effective.   there is many times we will see bombers IB to a base and up M3s drive them to town and as soon as his bombs impact bring it all up under him.   Why up to shoot him down when i can ruin his sortie with an M3.
ok I'm a little confused... How does tying the sup boxes to the strats create more combat???? That's just longer people are tied up in gvs bringing the town back up.. Unless it's not about getting people to up from a capped field in aircraft to save their base to be vulched picked and hoed and this m3 complaint is just simply about preventing the base take by gv instead of plane.. And here I thought people were complaining about running sups instead of upping aircraft.. My bad :headscratch: ..... You guys do know that you can take down the vh from the base the M3s are spawning in from right??
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 03:06:12 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: September 28, 2017, 03:05:10 PM »
well you whiners and crybabies got part of your wish, today HiTech disabled M3 troop runs--he said it's just a test but I know how that goes, the whiners and crybabies usally wins.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #143 on: September 28, 2017, 03:07:18 PM »
 :headscratch:

Troops disabled?  Doesn't seem to me to have much to do with resupply.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 28, 2017, 03:09:22 PM »
I know how that goes, the whiners and crybabies usally wins.

If that was true we would have had the "both go down" collision model for years now ;)

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline germ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #145 on: September 28, 2017, 03:09:39 PM »
well you whiners and crybabies got part of your wish, today HiTech disabled M3 troop runs--he said it's just a test but I know how that goes, the whiners and crybabies usally wins.

I give it 2 months, then it will be..

1.) The Jeep hordes are impossible to deal with!!
2.) The SdKfz's armor is to thick!

Que whiners..  :furious :old: :joystick:

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: September 28, 2017, 03:09:49 PM »
what about that other rarely used gv that can haul troops is it down to? If they thought taking a base was hard with M3s resuping town wait till they have to goon in the troops LMAO
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 28, 2017, 03:12:13 PM »
what about that other rarely used gv that can haul troops is it down to?

No, it still works.

Of the 4 ways to get troops to the maproom, only one has been disabled.
But it's interesting to see how many players do not know any of them, and we also had the first complaints about how this is "against us" only...  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline germ

• Zinc Member
« Reply #148 on: September 28, 2017, 03:13:21 PM »
Interesting.. I think I see an old tactic emerging now.

"With the right loadouts, two 251s will kill a Vehicle Base's VHs much faster than any other GV can, and capture it to boot."

http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/SdKfz_251

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #149 on: September 28, 2017, 03:14:16 PM »
Nuts!
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."