Author Topic: M3 Effectiveness.....  (Read 32187 times)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
Re: M3 Effectiveness.....
« Reply #150 on: September 28, 2017, 03:20:09 PM »

No, it still works.

Of the 4 ways to get troops to the maproom, only one has been disabled.
But it's interesting to see how many players do not know any of them, and we also had the first complaints about how this is "against us" only...  :noid
4?? Ok I feel like a noob oh ya forgot lvt doh!! Jeep,m3,sdk, goon, lvt oh wait that's 5. Well 4 now and counting down fast!! Get em while they're hot boys :aok
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 03:21:59 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: September 28, 2017, 03:27:27 PM »
When Hitech changed the town object later in AH2, the players who had perfected dropping the town and running in the troops wailed for awhile, then learned to deal with the new town object. Hitech still had to tweak the down percentage to make capturing it worth the effort.

So it's only troops at this time then? On BowlMA I watch c47 work flawlessly to capture feilds just like back in AH1-2. I forced the c47 to be used again on BowlMA because I didn't put any GV spawns to 9 feilds in each country. Players just man up and get the troops through, and many are taking pride in that job again. How is the SdKfz any less potent at delivering troops than the M3 even if it's top speed is about 10mph slower? Won't it end up with the same stigma as people simply shift to it?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 28, 2017, 03:29:07 PM »
4?? Ok I feel like a noob oh ya forgot lvt doh!! Jeep,m3,sdk, goon, lvt oh wait that's 5. Well 4 now and counting down fast!! Get em while they're hot boys :aok

Well, I didn't really count the Jeep as it would take 5 guys instead of one :)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Lyme

• Zinc Member
« Reply #153 on: September 28, 2017, 04:10:29 PM »
I think this would have been a better experiment if the German vehicle also had troops disabled.  Actually, I think the best experiment would have been leaving the troops alone and supplies being disabled.  Did anyone even complain about M3's and troops?

But at least something is being done, so I <S> that.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #154 on: September 28, 2017, 04:12:19 PM »
I think this would have been a better experiment if the German vehicle also had troops disabled.  Actually, I think the best experiment would have been leaving the troops alone and supplies being disabled.  Did anyone even complain about M3's and troops?

But at least something is being done, so I <S> that.
I agree the whole point of this thread was supplies not troops.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 28, 2017, 04:14:56 PM »
I agree the whole point of this thread was supplies not troops.
^

Yes. But then, this measure was probably not just caused by this thread.

Offline ccvi

• Gold Member
      • http://www.carl-eike-hofmeister.de/
« Reply #156 on: September 28, 2017, 05:11:32 PM »
Well, I didn't really count the Jeep as it would take 5 guys instead of one :)

5?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 28, 2017, 05:16:43 PM »

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #158 on: September 28, 2017, 05:32:08 PM »
SdKfz's are the shiznyte!!!  Those rockets are horrible!   :x
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #159 on: September 28, 2017, 05:56:14 PM »
^

Yes. But then, this measure was probably not just caused by this thread.
Hey a change to try and make the gameplay not as stale is always for the better! 

The Few

-Spek

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #160 on: September 28, 2017, 06:35:52 PM »
Vehicles and planes are separate groups for the Sortie %
Name        Sortie %   
M-3                    35.91%
Wirbelwind             18.41%
T-34/85                 6.70%
Panzer IV H            13.33%

Since I guess I was hijacking another thread figured I'll start my own....

M3s make up almost identically as much and the next 2 vehicle sorties combined.

While in an M3, players aren't actively engaged in ANY form of combat(no sense arguing that it is, just ignorant if you think an M3 resembles any sort of combat in Aces High)

What they do, is make it so defenders dont have to engage in combat against an enemy to hold a field.

The war for the map generates combat by the progression of taking and losing fields.

My personal thoughts, remove town resupply completely, make it a standard 45 minute down time on town and make cargo trucks/trains/barges more valuable to defend.

This is really going to tick off a lot of people.....I think this had a lot to do with the Rook grabbing 50% of the Bish Bases before the Jokers logged in this morning... keep messing with this game and people are going to walk. I mean the whole object of AH III is to screw with the GV's in this game and it's getting old...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 06:44:41 PM by Dundee »

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #161 on: September 28, 2017, 06:38:58 PM »

Well they have disabled M3's ability to carry troops....wtg Junky wtg

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: September 28, 2017, 06:39:48 PM »
Another Fur Baller squeaking about something he knows nothing about

I'd bet the farm he knows more than you bud.

The Few

-Spek

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #163 on: September 28, 2017, 06:43:07 PM »
When Hitech changed the town object later in AH2, the players who had perfected dropping the town and running in the troops wailed for awhile, then learned to deal with the new town object. Hitech still had to tweak the down percentage to make capturing it worth the effort.

What people were complaining about with the new (back then) towns was that you'd have 12 guys flying and driving around trying to find the one building that was still up and preventing the capture - and the only way of knowing was to run troops and watch them not take. Field captures went WAY down for a while and only recovered with the change to the white flag and only a percentage of town needing to be down. Maps were staying up much longer and no one enjoyed that change, so in that instance I think the complaints were very well justified.

I just don't see M3 resups being the problem here. I play late night a fair bit and the dearth of good fights is a problem but I highly doubt taking resup away would change that. People would just bang away in manned ack all night like you already see too much of. I think the real problem in late night is that too many players are afraid to risk their cartoon lives unless they have a large group of friendlies to hide in and those large groups just aren't there late at night. I don't know if there's a game mechanic that could possibly fix that; the only way to change it is to change the mindset of those players.

What's really silly IMO is the idea that resups are ruining the game because if you bring 12 or 15 fighters to a field the 2-3 defenders can resup rather than fighting. 5-1 odds over a capped field isn't a fight, that's just a massacre. The 12-15 guys are just mad that the defenders aren't dumb enough to get vulched on the runway 10 times in a row in a futile attempt to oppose the horde. But why should they?

And I still say the main result of nerfing town resup would be a big increase in base sneaks without combat because no one wants to babysit a Wfluffied town for 2 1/2 hours on the off chance an M3 tries to sneak back in after it's quieted down.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: September 28, 2017, 06:56:07 PM »
I don't have a horse in this race. I cannot remember the last time I ran troops, but do use the M3 to run supplies. The only constant thing in life is change. I welcome the temporary disablement. It brings a fresh flavor to the game. I am going to roll with it and see what happens.

CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!