Author Topic: M3 Effectiveness.....  (Read 32187 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: M3 Effectiveness.....
« Reply #165 on: September 28, 2017, 07:07:34 PM »
This is really going to tick off a lot of people.....I think this had a lot to do with the Rook grabbing 50% of the Bish Bases before the Jokers logged in this morning...

You mean HT disabled the M3 troops just to mess with a specific country on this day???
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #166 on: September 28, 2017, 07:15:12 PM »

You mean HT disabled the M3 troops just to mess with a specific country on this day???

Well when you seem to use something against the Bish effectively......HTC seem to bow to their needs and change it. People complained about the trees and that was only fix to make it easy for the expected new wave of Steam users.. don't play dumb Lusche you have seen this happen before when we used GV's against the HQ's....they started to tweek stuff to make that less effective...gv Icons and the rest. The real shame is HTC doesn't have the guts to post here why they made such a significant change to the game and what the reason was.....so I guess then that leaves eveyrone to have an opinion as to why the change was made.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 07:18:10 PM by Dundee »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 28, 2017, 07:20:16 PM »
Well when you seem to use something against the Bish effectively......HTC seem to bow to their needs and change it.

That's the biggest nonsense I have read on this board in a long time.  After almost 20 years and thousands of won and lost wars on all sides, M3's get suddenly nerfed by HiTech because the Bishops lost some terrain one day.

You really should step back from the game for some time to get a healthy dose of reality.

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #168 on: September 28, 2017, 07:22:48 PM »
Lololol
Kommando Nowotny

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #169 on: September 28, 2017, 07:32:37 PM »

What's really silly IMO is the idea that resups are ruining the game because if you bring 12 or 15 fighters to a field the 2-3 defenders can resup rather than fighting. 5-1 odds over a capped field isn't a fight, that's just a massacre. The 12-15 guys are just mad that the defenders aren't dumb enough to get vulched on the runway 10 times in a row in a futile attempt to oppose the horde. But why should they?

SO true. Especially with the attempts to bring in new (naive and mostly very killable) players via Steam who often want only to help and be helped, forcing them to up into a vulch horde time after time will turn them off the game posthaste. What was HT thinking? I'm out if this is the new norm, and I won't look back.

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #170 on: September 28, 2017, 11:34:46 PM »
Now while it is true that nerfing the M3 isn't the end of the world or base taking....I am going to have to go ahead and cancel that order of scotch I was sending to Texas..
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #171 on: September 28, 2017, 11:42:22 PM »
I'd bet the farm he knows more than you bud.

new supply erA!

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #172 on: September 29, 2017, 02:50:09 AM »
don't play dumb Lusche you have seen this happen before when we used GV's against the HQ's....

That was very different and you know it. All the HQs being down half the time was ruining game play. One country grabbing a lot of bases in a short time isn't hurting game play, it's normal game play.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #173 on: September 29, 2017, 04:10:28 AM »
One country grabbing a lot of bases in a short time isn't hurting game play, it's normal game play.

Especially as all countries use the m3s without any difference, and the Bishops are winning their share of wars no doubt.
One must be really paranoid to claim this change is about yourself and to protect the Bishops  :bhead

Offline Greebo

• Skinner Team
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #174 on: September 29, 2017, 05:22:30 AM »
I would like to see the old system of town resupply reinstated; automated truck or barge convoys. With this in place player resupply of town objects could be removed, but with player resupply of strat and field objects remaining. Making the convoys' resupply ability very powerful would force the some of the attackers to go after them to keep the town down for long enough for the field to be taken. I'd like to see two or three convoys on the route at once so they arrive every few minutes, rather than every ten minutes. Also give them AA protection and have convoys flash on the map when they are under attack.

The idea is to return town resupply to combat play rather than avoid-combat play. So you'd have attacking players targeting the convoys with planes or GVs and defending players targeting these players. Less players in M3s means more in planes and tanks and more fun for all. It removes some attacking planes from the horde over the base and gives individual defenders some more isolated attackers to go after. The resupply route provides another focus for GV play other than the map room or the spawns. Placing the routes would add another dimension to MA map design too.

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #175 on: September 29, 2017, 10:10:35 AM »
Based were falling last night without m3s. Goons ad SDs. The major obstacle I noticed was the storch bails. Pilots are nearly invisible once the chute disappears. I witnessed at least one attempt to capture a port thwarted by players bailing out of storches and killing troops with their .45.

I guess dropping the storch hanger is more important than the vh now on ports and v bases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #176 on: September 29, 2017, 12:09:06 PM »
Junki got his wish.  He ruined the game.   I can see him and lazer now floating just off the green runway shooting goons as they take off.  Nothing like goon air to air combat.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #177 on: September 29, 2017, 12:10:52 PM »
Junki got his wish.

He never wished for that.

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #178 on: September 29, 2017, 12:21:18 PM »
Junki got his wish.  He ruined the game.   I can see him and lazer now floating just off the green runway shooting goons as they take off.  Nothing like goon air to air combat.

Ahh poor baby cant run around taking and supplying bases like a little weasle anymore?

You will find youself getting better at all aspects of the game now that you cant sneak around like a snake in the grass.

Oh noo... base defense.. oh my...

Offline Volron

• Platinum Member
« Reply #179 on: September 29, 2017, 12:35:58 PM »
They were arguing about the resupply bit of the M3.  The other thing to note was the M3 was just about the ONLY thing used to bring troops in if there was a GV spawn to the base, so in order to bring the usage of other troop carrying things up, they dropped the M3's ability to do so.  I actually like the idea.  We'll see more SDK's and Jeeps now. :)

If anything though, bring in a truck to handle the resupplying part but also bring back the Bot resupply vehicles as well.  Give the bot trucks a 30mph limit, add in an AA truck or two as well as a scout car of some sort (Puma anyone? :D) so they are not completely defenseless against planes and GV's, give them a longer drive time to base (maybe start 5 miles outside of dar ring?), that may be interesting. :)
Quote from: hitech
Wow I find it hard to believe it has been almost 38 days since our last path. We should have release another 38 versions by now  :bhead
HiTech
Quote from: Pyro
Quote from: Jolly
What on Earth makes you think that i said that sir?!
My guess would be scotch.