Author Topic: M3 Effectiveness.....  (Read 32187 times)

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
Re: M3 Effectiveness.....
« Reply #180 on: September 29, 2017, 01:34:07 PM »
Ahh poor baby cant run around taking and supplying bases like a little weasle anymore?

You will find youself getting better at all aspects of the game now that you cant sneak around like a snake in the grass.

Oh noo... base defense.. oh my...

I sort of take offense to the "sneak around like a snake in the grass" comment Lazer.  I take the time to resupply in an M3 and I'm not a slithering snake.  I would prefer to be doing something different, but I may have a stealth enemy CV pounding away on my town to as you put it "sneaking around like a snake in the grass" to white flag my town then launch a surprise effort off the carrier to suppress the upping defenders.  There may be those who enjoy resupplying all the time, but most would be happier doing something else.  I like greebo's suggestion of multiple convoys and more frequent visits to towns and bases though.  The truth of the matter is, even with M3 resupply, bases are still taken fairly easily.  Base defense and resupply is no different than furballing.  They are both part of the game.  Some players rarely contribute to resupplying for the benefit of their country, but contribute in air combat for their country.  It's all good.  I think it's kind of a low blow to ridicule those players who choose to help their country in their own way. 

Let's all hold hands now and sing "Coomba Yaa, Coomba Yaa"   Get over here Lazer and hold my dam hand!

one-eye   :)

"One-Eye"

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #181 on: September 29, 2017, 01:35:04 PM »
Junki got his wish.  He ruined the game.   I can see him and lazer now floating just off the green runway shooting goons as they take off.  Nothing like goon air to air combat.

Aw look. Someone can't adapt and over come.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #182 on: September 29, 2017, 01:37:01 PM »
I sort of take offense to the "sneak around like a snake in the grass" comment Lazer.  I take the time to resupply in an M3 and I'm not a slithering snake.  I would prefer to be doing something different, but I may have a stealth enemy CV pounding away on my town to as you put it "sneaking around like a snake in the grass" to white flag my town then launch a surprise effort off the carrier to suppress the upping defenders.  There may be those who enjoy resupplying all the time, but most would be happier doing something else.  I like greebo's suggestion of multiple convoys and more frequent visits to towns and bases though.  The truth of the matter is, even with M3 resupply, bases are still taken fairly easily.  Base defense and resupply is no different than furballing.  They are both part of the game.  Some players rarely contribute to resupplying for the benefit of their country, but contribute in air combat for their country.  It's all good.  I think it's kind of a low blow to ridicule those players who choose to help their country in their own way. 

Let's all hold hands now and sing "Coomba Yaa, Coomba Yaa"   Get over here Lazer and hold my dam hand!

one-eye   :)

:aok :D

Bases will still be rolled.. no doubt.  More battles for bases will occur too.  I mean no offense by the snake in the grass comment for the record.  I dont try to offend anyone in here or the game.

Offline SlipKnt

• Gold Member
« Reply #183 on: September 29, 2017, 01:39:20 PM »
Improvise, Adapt, and Overcome...

I'll be changing my tactics when I come to take your bases away from you all...

Simply shut the base down and CAP the field.  Kill all resupply M3s.

My base!!!!!!!!!!

Muahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

:rock
AKSlpKnT
Arabian Knights
DCS:
SlipKnoT
vCSG-3, VMA-513 Flying Nightmares (AV8B)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #184 on: September 29, 2017, 01:41:01 PM »
Ahh poor baby cant run around taking and supplying bases like a little weasle anymore?

You will find youself getting better at all aspects of the game now that you cant sneak around like a snake in the grass.

Oh noo... base defense.. oh my...
Lazer my friend... Do you really think this forces gvers into the air for defence?? If someone wants to sneak in Grass there are still other vehicles to do with it.. This will only affect the vehicle which will be used.. You are all mistaken on why people choose to run sups instead of upping aircraft.. It's no fun upping from a capped base and upping from a nearby field allows too much space and time to get troops in undetected.. you've seen me up from a capped field 27 times in a row trying to get to town to kill troops.. Having to not engage aircraft because they will just keep you busy so troops can run but just head straight for the town.. It's not the dying I give a crap about it's my fun level I'll do it until I'm no longer having fun then I'll just up a wirb and put as many vulchers in the tower as I can before I lose the base.. Don't confuse not wanting to give away free kills and not wanting to up a plane just cause it's safer just resuping no matter if there is only one enemy fighter..
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #185 on: September 29, 2017, 01:50:32 PM »
Im fine with guys defending in gvs scotty.. im not fine with guys reversing damage i do in half the time it took me to do it.

What i think doesnt really matter though. :cheers: :D

In my perfect little world they would come from the next closest base and kill me in a plane after a fun fight.   :aok
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 01:53:13 PM by Lazerr »

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #186 on: September 29, 2017, 01:53:37 PM »
The nits are famous for this gameplay... They come in 8 or 9 strong..de ack the base and field take out the vh drop a few bombs on town from heavy fighters just so you think they are trying to take the base then they start a conveyor belt of fighters now if I see them staying high and letting us up then I know they just want to furball and I'll up my fm2 it hurricane and fight my butt off for hours of white knuckle awesome fighting.... If I see them complain about no one upping aircraft and are vulching then I know they are full of it.. They just want free kills no skill fighting at all..I really get a laugh when they take out the fighter hanger only leaving bombers to up and they still complain about no one upping to dogfight.. However i have upped tu2 or a20 just up send a few under estimators back to the tower before I die..
"scott66"        

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: September 29, 2017, 01:55:57 PM »
Im fine with guys defending in gvs scotty.. im not fine with guys reversing damage i do in half the time it took me to do it.

What i think doesnt really matter though. :cheers: :D

In my perfect little world they would come from the next closest base and kill me in a plane after a fun fight.   :aok
you know I'm no threat in the air to you bud.. Unless I'm your wingman hehe <S>.... True story
"scott66"        

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #188 on: September 29, 2017, 03:29:44 PM »
Vehicles and planes are separate groups for the Sortie %
Name        Sortie %   
M-3                    35.91%
Wirbelwind             18.41%
T-34/85                 6.70%
Panzer IV H            13.33%

Since I guess I was hijacking another thread figured I'll start my own....

M3s make up almost identically as much and the next 2 vehicle sorties combined.

While in an M3, players aren't actively engaged in ANY form of combat(no sense arguing that it is, just ignorant if you think an M3 resembles any sort of combat in Aces High)

What they do, is make it so defenders dont have to engage in combat against an enemy to hold a field.

The war for the map generates combat by the progression of taking and losing fields.

My personal thoughts, remove town resupply completely, make it a standard 45 minute down time on town and make cargo trucks/trains/barges more valuable to defend.

Lets take a look at why they want the M3 gone for taking troop in.....it has a 50 cal gun in it and it kills planes and other M3's re supping a town, plain and simple. the SKD doesn't have that punch and less speed to boot. I'd be good with this swap if HTC would give us a real troop carrier that was used in WW II.....an unarmed Deuce  and a half....unarmed, softer than an M3 with the speed of a Jeep....ya I'd go with that. HTC makes the planes as close to real as possible, lets do the same for the GV side of the house, and put a 65mph 2 1/2 ton in the game.  As long as we are on the subject of changing things.....the rate of planes able to up off a base should be altered when hangars on the field are taken out.... on a small field all 3 hangars up, no restriction.. 1 of the 3 down short waiting period before another defender is allowed to take off..... 2 of the three the time is extended. If the GV side of the house is always under the microscope, time to start screwing with the furballers too, it's only right

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #189 on: September 29, 2017, 04:39:22 PM »
What I think is funny is everybody pointing fingers, everybody guessing, but the FACT is Hitech has not said an official word about why he has done what he has done.  So some or all of what folks are griping about may be for nothing.  No one knows why the change was made.  Can anyone actually quote an official source?  Waiting... 
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #190 on: September 29, 2017, 04:46:06 PM »
Can anyone actually quote an official source? 

The only official thing I can say is that he considered both disabling troops and resupply by M3 and simply decided to test the troop thing first.
Source: He told us that in game. I was there.

What he expects from the troop thing is a mystery to me, though  :noid
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #191 on: September 29, 2017, 04:47:18 PM »
   Repup sorties give  players that don't get many GV kills a way to earn Perk Points.   

Offline RODBUSTR

• Nickel Member
« Reply #192 on: September 29, 2017, 04:49:15 PM »
    Also I like peppereing the heck out of low flying planes with the mg on an M# and blasting the lil' birds.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #193 on: September 29, 2017, 05:00:04 PM »

What he expects from the troop thing is a mystery to me, though  :noid
I see mystery as well.  Everyone is guessing as to what is the reasoning behind the troops being disabled.  No one really knows what the endgame is though.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #194 on: September 29, 2017, 05:08:58 PM »
No one really knows what the endgame is though.

Profit?

I already have a ton of underpants...  Just need to know step 2.

It certainly seems to play on the persecution complex crowd's fears.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11