Author Topic: M3 Effectiveness.....  (Read 32189 times)

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Re: M3 Effectiveness.....
« Reply #195 on: September 29, 2017, 06:36:45 PM »

The only official thing I can say is that he considered both disabling troops and resupply by M3 and simply decided to test the troop thing first.
Source: He told us that in game. I was there.

What he expects from the troop thing is a mystery to me, though  :noid

As paying customer I think we should be told as well.......

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #196 on: September 30, 2017, 11:54:58 AM »
I dont recall the last time I took part in a successful base take that included a C47. I think HT wants to know whether C47 troops are still viable.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #197 on: September 30, 2017, 12:09:59 PM »
I dont recall the last time I took part in a successful base take that included a C47. I think HT wants to know whether C47 troops are still viable.

Our Squad captures quite a few every tour but the M3 is . . . or was, the mainstay.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #198 on: September 30, 2017, 01:19:38 PM »

I did two captures with a goon last saturday afternoon. On Crater and it was easier to fly them in for some of the island grabs.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #199 on: September 30, 2017, 02:26:24 PM »
Put the troops back in the M3 and leave the M3 resupply alone.  Don't fix it, it is not broken.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #200 on: September 30, 2017, 02:44:59 PM »
I doubt there is a vote when Hitech gets involved and runs an experiment, the ongoing focus on the subject in the forums probably gave him pause to take a look. As for what is or isn't broken, what we feel has no bearing on the metrics Hitech uses to determine broken. The last time we got to vote on anything, we got the Me410 over the A26, G.55 and Meteor. Since then Hitech went back to surprising us with new things like he did before trying out a community vote for the 410.

Sit back and watch the experiment unfold. The real upside is Hitech taking the time from his busy programing schedule to check out "if" there is a problem. The SdK works just fine until then.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #201 on: September 30, 2017, 02:47:09 PM »
Put the troops back in the M3 and leave the M3 resupply alone.  Don't fix it, it is not broken.

That is an opinion with ni data to back it.  Data is being gathered as we speak.  Please resupply as much stuff as you can.

Offline Ramesis

• Silver Member
« Reply #202 on: September 30, 2017, 03:21:58 PM »
I checked yesterday... Jeeps can still carry troops  :aok
"Would you tell me, please,
 which way I ought to go from here?
 That depends a good deal on where
 you want to get to. Said the cat."
    Charles Lutwidge Dodgson a.k.a. Lewis Carroll

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #203 on: October 01, 2017, 09:44:26 AM »
That is an opinion with ni data to back it.  Data is being gathered as we speak.  Please resupply as much stuff as you can.

The data of course is years of game play with no problems other than apparently a perceived problem by a very limited few when occasionally a base take is foiled by a resupply.   Hardly a tragic event.   The only true data would be some type of HT verified  vote that would be sent to each subscriber since many (including myself) don't monitor these things closely.  Have they ever done that before, solicited verified subscriber votes on an issue?

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #204 on: October 01, 2017, 09:57:25 AM »
The data of course is years of game play with no problems other than apparently a perceived problem by a very limited few when occasionally a base take is foiled by a resupply.   Hardly a tragic event.   The only true data would be some type of HT verified  vote that would be sent to each subscriber since many (including myself) don't monitor these things closely.  Have they ever done that before, solicited verified subscriber votes on an issue?

I dont think they have done a vote like that for anything other than getting feelers for new planes to be added. 

I really think limiting some of the crutches used in this game will make it more enjoyable for the group as a hole.. creating more action and hopefully snag some new players.

Keep in mind troops can still be carried via GV with two other methods. 

Offline Dundee

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #205 on: October 01, 2017, 10:23:56 AM »
I doubt there is a vote when Hitech gets involved and runs an experiment, the ongoing focus on the subject in the forums probably gave him pause to take a look. As for what is or isn't broken, what we feel has no bearing on the metrics Hitech uses to determine broken. The last time we got to vote on anything, we got the Me410 over the A26, G.55 and Meteor. Since then Hitech went back to surprising us with new things like he did before trying out a community vote for the 410.

Oddly the experiments happen when the Rooks or Knights figure out how to start winning maps....it's the status quo as long as the Bish are rolling maps..........

Sit back and watch the experiment unfold. The real upside is Hitech taking the time from his busy programing schedule to check out "if" there is a problem. The SdK works just fine until then.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #206 on: October 01, 2017, 11:40:57 AM »
I dont think they have done a vote like that for anything other than getting feelers for new planes to be added. 

I really think limiting some of the crutches used in this game will make it more enjoyable for the group as a hole.. creating more action and hopefully snag some new players.

Keep in mind troops can still be carried via GV with two other methods. 

By the way, if your goal really is to get more planes in the air, simply make the air base ack indestructible and increase it's accuracy.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #207 on: October 01, 2017, 12:16:59 PM »
Indestructible base ack would start it's own forum pitchfork and torch lynch mob brigade. The ack would be filled with cons hiding in it just like CV puffy ack.

The M3 was the only choice to pull usage metrics if getting a look at how often the M3 is used to run supplies is the goal. The SdK is filling the troop delivery niche quite nicely. The arguments and anecdotal descriptions by long time veteran players about their game experiences seems to have become compelling. My squad mate Junky can get a bit single minded and unyielding about a subject, he also has no reason to prevaricate and is trusted enough to have been invited for CM training. Lazerr has a very long time in grade with this game,  and his observations on the subject are a verification of Junky's. We do not know what kind of private communications by "customers" to HTC visa e-mail and phone calls have taken place. There is how you as a customer can let Hitech know your real concerns.

This experiment is meaningless in terms of any direct impact to game play right now. A player vote won't work because how players play a game is not always how they will vote for changes in the game given a choice. And just like political polls, people will be people. That is how we got the 410 instead of aircraft that would have been used far more often. It's why I don't ask players to tell me what they think would make a great terrain. I spend hours listening and reading the text buffer, and reading these forums to understand how players utilize the terrains in rotation with the available toys.

Last I checked, towns are getting 10 troops delivered by SdK at the same rates previously with the M3 creating the same responses on text and VOX. No one has been slowed down at all other than a heightened awareness to check for M3 and SdK at the spawns. That will fade as everyone gets used to it.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #208 on: October 01, 2017, 01:38:25 PM »

By the way, if your goal really is to get more planes in the air, simply make the air base ack indestructible and increase it's accuracy.

Just the fact that base takers need to use a slower gv or a more visable option like the goon should get more guys in the air or on the groud defending even more.  The threat of a 50mph nearly invisable gv not being there will slow things down a lot.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #209 on: October 01, 2017, 01:59:32 PM »
No, the indestructible and accurate ack would reduce vulching and although nothing is certain in this game, I would give very long odds it would cause more planes to up from a defending base being horded which is what I understand your goal of eliminating resupply is.  Any data to the contrary?