Author Topic: M3 Effectiveness.....  (Read 32184 times)

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: M3 Effectiveness.....
« Reply #210 on: October 01, 2017, 02:10:24 PM »
No, the indestructible and accurate ack would reduce vulching and although nothing is certain in this game, I would give very long odds it would cause more planes to up from a defending base being horded which is what I understand your goal of eliminating resupply is.  Any data to the contrary?

I think the final goal is to get players away from the "avoid all contact" game play they are doing and moving it more toward interacting WITH other players.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #211 on: October 01, 2017, 02:24:39 PM »
The data of course is years of game play with no problems other than apparently a perceived problem by a very limited few when occasionally a base take is foiled by a resupply.   Hardly a tragic event. 

:aok  Very well said, Mustang.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #212 on: October 01, 2017, 02:57:05 PM »
Since the experiment is in motion and none of us have administrator rights to the back end to stop it, mustang what are you really arguing for? You going to do something to Hitech for making you unhappy? Call him names, cast aspersions in his general direction like a giant monty python rabbit? In 15 years of being in this game, he doesn't waste his time on public experiments unless he has found a problem. Eventually he will mention what all of this is about, he always does. Stamping your foot and demanding he tell you bell book and candle has ever gotten the foot stampers foot sore and nothing else. Even Mongoose knows this.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #213 on: October 01, 2017, 04:11:26 PM »
No, the indestructible and accurate ack would reduce vulching and although nothing is certain in this game, I would give very long odds it would cause more planes to up from a defending base being horded which is what I understand your goal of eliminating resupply is.  Any data to the contrary?

So you want super auto ack to run to or hide in?  Get up and defend the base or lose it.  If i beat the snot out of several defenders and you let me get a cap on.. I did better than you.  Try again from another base.

You seem to want the easy.. and cheesey form of gaming to take the front seat in the game.

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #214 on: October 01, 2017, 04:51:56 PM »
So you want super auto ack to run to or hide in? 

I think the idea is to have decent ack to get your wheels up in before someone swoops in to kill your completely helpless plane.

Deacking and vulching kills fights WAY more than M3 resupply does. You can't really call it a fight if the victim doesn't get 10 feet off the ground. We may all agree that it is a legitimate game tactic, but then why isn't M3 resup, which at least requires a minimal amount of skill on the vulchers' part to spot and kill the M3s?

Coming back from another base is the answer for running battles or if you don't particularly care about saving the base, but if it's a quick base snatch the attackers will have the base long before you get there.

I think the basic problem here has been identified: players who claim to be all about "teh FIGHT" are mad because they bring 25 friends and deack a field and circle around it trying to be the first of the 26 to vulch each upper, but the game doesn't force anyone to up on the runway and get slaughtered.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #215 on: October 01, 2017, 05:14:25 PM »
I think the idea is to have decent ack to get your wheels up in before someone swoops in to kill your completely helpless plane.

Deacking and vulching kills fights WAY more than M3 resupply does. You can't really call it a fight if the victim doesn't get 10 feet off the ground. We may all agree that it is a legitimate game tactic, but then why isn't M3 resup, which at least requires a minimal amount of skill on the vulchers' part to spot and kill the M3s?

Coming back from another base is the answer for running battles or if you don't particularly care about saving the base, but if it's a quick base snatch the attackers will have the base long before you get there.

I think the basic problem here has been identified: players who claim to be all about "teh FIGHT" are mad because they bring 25 friends and deack a field and circle around it trying to be the first of the 26 to vulch each upper, but the game doesn't force anyone to up on the runway and get slaughtered.

Defense used to mean jump in a plane or tank and hold attackers off.. not circle in ultra ack guns and run boxes of supplies into a town.

Who wants to pay 14.95 to do the later of those two?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #216 on: October 01, 2017, 06:52:15 PM »
Defense used to mean jump in a plane or tank and hold attackers off.. not circle in ultra ack guns and run boxes of supplies into a town.

Who wants to pay 14.95 to do the later of those two?
Ultra ack guns? It takes WAY more skill to kill planes from base guns, than it does to kill M3s from aircraft. If given the choice...I would die running sups before I give easy vulch kills to top pilots(or any wanna be top pilots). Thats just me, I dont care for vulching, dont mind those that do,just not my thing. I live FOR BOMBING GVs,its what I enjoy! I kill more Gvs in most tours than I do aircraft,from planes. Thats just me, some dont mind it but some get down right hatefull about it. We all have opinions, some more vehement about their own over some others. Simply put, its YOUR game. Play it as you want. Hightech is God in this arena,its his opinion that matters. I love it! Problem I have with current game play, All the Hateful PMs and cross chatter on radio buffers. You are a puss, a tard, a noob a cheat ect. THAT KILLS THE GAME as I see it. Of coarse thats just my opinion :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #217 on: October 01, 2017, 07:06:25 PM »
Ultra ack guns? It takes WAY more skill to kill planes from base guns, than it does to kill M3s from aircraft. If given the choice...I would die running sups before I give easy vulch kills to top pilots(or any wanna be top pilots). Thats just me, I dont care for vulching, dont mind those that do,just not my thing. I live FOR BOMBING GVs,its what I enjoy! I kill more Gvs in most tours than I do aircraft,from planes. Thats just me, some dont mind it but some get down right hatefull about it. We all have opinions, some more vehement about their own over some others. Simply put, its YOUR game. Play it as you want. Hightech is God in this arena,its his opinion that matters. I love it! Problem I have with current game play, All the Hateful PMs and cross chatter on radio buffers. You are a puss, a tard, a noob a cheat ect. THAT KILLS THE GAME as I see it. Of coarse thats just my opinion :cheers:

My comment about the guns was about making auto ack more lethal and undestroyable.  Nothing regarding manned guns.  The only issue with manned guns really is the fact there is no score related penalty.. but tbats a whole different topic unrelated to this thread.

If you are getting vulched at a base.. you failed to defend it.  Time to come from another base or use a gv to defend the runway or town.  What makes people think they should be able to undo damage i did to a town in less than a quarter or the time by running supplies?  Seems a little unbalanaced to me.

Your issue with conduct between players is also not related to the topic of this thread.

My comments here are related to m3 and its use, effectivness, and negative unitended impacts on gameplay.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 07:08:24 PM by Lazerr »

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #218 on: October 01, 2017, 08:55:01 PM »
you let me get a cap on.. You seem to want the easy.. and cheesey form of gaming

I could not help noting the irony here.

- oldman

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #219 on: October 01, 2017, 09:01:12 PM »
So you want super auto ack to run to or hide in?  Get up and defend the base or lose it.  If i beat the snot out of several defenders and you let me get a cap on.. I did better than you.  Try again from another base.

You seem to want the easy.. and cheesey form of gaming to take the front seat in the game.

What a load of BS lazer and you know it.  Vulching a field has done more damage to air combat in one night than an M3 could ever do in a whole tour..

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #220 on: October 01, 2017, 09:21:08 PM »
What a load of BS lazer and you know it.  Vulching a field has done more damage to air combat in one night than an M3 could ever do in a whole tour..

How do you think you capture a base that has resistance?  Have you ever captured a base with resistance?  If i come to a base and WF a town and let the uppers come kill you in a m3, what would that accomplish?  Are you trying to say the only proper way to take a base with resistance is to kill every hangar on the field to remove the chance of ruining the game by killing a guy with less energy then i have?

Your argument is starting to confuse me. 

What are you going to do when the m3 supplies are disabled or nerfed?  Not defend any bases?

What did 800 folks online do during primetime when supplying a base wasnt an option?  Fight eachother?  Go figure.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 09:24:09 PM by Lazerr »

Offline 1ijac

• Silver Member
« Reply #221 on: October 01, 2017, 09:34:14 PM »
First of all, a town can be white flagged in one pass with lancasters.  if the country's city strat has been hit (which is usually the case), those buildings may stay down for 45+ minutes.  It would take 4 or more m3 resupplying the town just to get it back from white flag status.  I think it is easier to dump and WF a town in one pass than it is to resupply it.

one-eye
"One-Eye"

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #222 on: October 01, 2017, 09:44:04 PM »
First of all, a town can be white flagged in one pass with lancasters.  if the country's city strat has been hit (which is usually the case), those buildings may stay down for 45+ minutes.  It would take 4 or more m3 resupplying the town just to get it back from white flag status.  I think it is easier to dump and WF a town in one pass than it is to resupply it.

one-eye

With the time it takes to get them to altitude.. voulnerability.. and high visibility to defending aircraft.. i have to disagree with you there.  The average player in this game probably isnt going to white flag it in one pass either.

Offline mustng2

• Copper Member
« Reply #223 on: October 02, 2017, 06:57:13 AM »
I am far from an elite player and I usually wf a town in one pass.  Of course it has to be deacked.  Does anyone really think eliminating M3 resupply will result in significantly more planes in the air at a deacked and vulched field?  I don't and I doubt anybody else does.  Although it has negative effects like almost all changes, making the airfield ack indestructible will result in more planes in the air in the face of superior numbers.   Does anybody think it won't?  I am not advocating for that change because as I have said, I thought things were fine the way they were.  But if there is a large push to get more planes in the air at base defense, the indestructible ack is by far your best choice.  Obviously if the more planes in the air is a weak excuse for simply making base takes easier, than considering other options to get planes in the air is a useless exercise.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #224 on: October 02, 2017, 09:55:51 AM »
I am far from an elite player and I usually wf a town in one pass.  Of course it has to be deacked.  Does anyone really think eliminating M3 resupply will result in significantly more planes in the air at a deacked and vulched field?  I don't and I doubt anybody else does.  Although it has negative effects like almost all changes, making the airfield ack indestructible will result in more planes in the air in the face of superior numbers.   Does anybody think it won't?  I am not advocating for that change because as I have said, I thought things were fine the way they were.  But if there is a large push to get more planes in the air at base defense, the indestructible ack is by far your best choice.  Obviously if the more planes in the air is a weak excuse for simply making base takes easier, than considering other options to get planes in the air is a useless exercise.

The point is to get people defending in a tank, plane, or even by bombing bases being used to attack it.

Not reversing peoples damage in a nearly invisable m3.