Author Topic: M3 Effectiveness.....  (Read 32212 times)

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
Re: M3 Effectiveness.....
« Reply #255 on: October 03, 2017, 09:23:47 PM »
Bottom line... You will never be able to force someone into playing the way you want them to.. No matter what you add or take way from the hanger... There will never be 100% of the players completely happy with the game... Ever... Because there is one unchangeable variable.. Other players
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:26:44 PM by scott66 »
"scott66"        
 XO ThunderHorse Squadron.    

"This place is a psychologist's wet dream".... FishBait

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #256 on: October 03, 2017, 09:54:20 PM »
Bottom line... You will never be able to force someone into playing the way you want them to.. No matter what you add or take way from the hanger... There will never be 100% of the players completely happy with the game... Ever... Because there is one unchangeable variable.. Other players
Literally just had a discussion in the MA and I got to clarify some stuff.

1. I might be alright with getting rid of town resupply all together, but I know others like the more strategic side of the game....so all I'm asking for is a nerf...drop the time down so whirbs and fighters become the more viable option for defense.

2. Hitech never gave me any data that he didn't give everyone else...the OP is a copy and paste from another thread(yes someone believes Hitech and I are in some conspiracy with removing troops from M3s)

3. Every time I discuss this people say something like you only do fighters ect ect ect when the fact is I do all of it depending on what the enemy is doing....thats how I base my gameplay. The have fighter superiority...I up a fighter...They have tanks hitting town...I roll a tank ect ect ect...im here for the FIGHT....a combat simulator shouldn't have ways to avoid combat.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #257 on: October 03, 2017, 10:48:48 PM »
Literally just had a discussion in the MA and I got to clarify some stuff.

1. I might be alright with getting rid of town resupply all together, but I know others like the more strategic side of the game....so all I'm asking for is a nerf...drop the time down so whirbs and fighters become the more viable option for defense.

2. Hitech never gave me any data that he didn't give everyone else...the OP is a copy and paste from another thread(yes someone believes Hitech and I are in some conspiracy with removing troops from M3s)

3. Every time I discuss this people say something like you only do fighters ect ect ect when the fact is I do all of it depending on what the enemy is doing....thats how I base my gameplay. The have fighter superiority...I up a fighter...They have tanks hitting town...I roll a tank ect ect ect...im here for the FIGHT....a combat simulator shouldn't have ways to avoid combat.
I'll be logged in.. In two hours I'll fight ya!! Lol I'll let you super Ace fighter jocks in on a little secret . Some of you are a victim of your own success.. Some times on range I'll hear stuff like"don't bother upping it's 38maw and Lazer winging up there.. Or watch yourself that's AKAK in that 38 " and some people knowing the outcome won't even bother upping off the field now personally I'm not smart enough to hang out in the hanger I will however jumping in 88mm 38maw keeps saving Lazers hind and lol
"scott66"        

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #258 on: October 04, 2017, 12:06:48 AM »
I'll be logged in.. In two hours I'll fight ya!! Lol I'll let you super Ace fighter jocks in on a little secret . Some of you are a victim of your own success.. Some times on range I'll hear stuff like"don't bother upping it's 38maw and Lazer winging up there.. Or watch yourself that's AKAK in that 38 " and some people knowing the outcome won't even bother upping off the field now personally I'm not smart enough to hang out in the hanger I will however jumping in 88mm 38maw keeps saving Lazers hind and lol
Understandable and I also think such players should do their part to make the game enjoyable for others as well....which is why I give people crap about flying certain rides....everyone thinks Im a bully but I'm just looking out for the little guy.

When someone flies an  F4U1A above the rest of the planes in the MA, 90% of the time with E advantage and numbers advantage....they aren't doing their part for the community...and I'll gladly give them crap about it.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline scott66

• Gold Member
« Reply #259 on: October 04, 2017, 12:53:24 AM »
Understandable and I also think such players should do their part to make the game enjoyable for others as well....which is why I give people crap about flying certain rides....everyone thinks Im a bully but I'm just looking out for the little guy.

When someone flies an  F4U1A above the rest of the planes in the MA, 90% of the time with E advantage and numbers advantage....they aren't doing their part for the community...and I'll gladly give them crap about it.
actually I agree with you junky
"scott66"        

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #260 on: October 04, 2017, 09:58:19 AM »

Are you saying that a 12 eny f4u-1a unbalances the fights in the MA? I would think the mass of LA7s, 190ds, yak3s, and spit16s would be more of an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #261 on: October 04, 2017, 09:59:42 AM »
Are you saying that a 12 eny f4u-1a unbalances the fights in the MA?

He didn't say that at all.  :old:
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #262 on: October 04, 2017, 10:50:04 AM »

He didn't say that at all.  :old:

I wouldn't figure junky would, that comment just seemed to be blaming the 1A for a lot of perceived problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #263 on: October 04, 2017, 11:19:59 AM »
Well now that we've beaten this one to death and made one of the most ridiculous changes in the game which has served almost no purpose...we might as well all jump back on the ENY is killing the game train now and badger that one to death...because you know...the horde mentality always wins....

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #264 on: October 04, 2017, 11:28:21 AM »
Well now that we've beaten this one to death and made one of the most ridiculous changes in the game which has served almost no purpose...we might as well all jump back on the ENY is killing the game train now and badger that one to death...because you know...the horde mentality always wins....
ENY is fine. The way you can hide in a m3 and not promote any form of combat is lame.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #265 on: October 04, 2017, 11:35:14 AM »

What horde mentality?  The guys who've been griping about the M3s are vocal, but there aren't very many of them.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #266 on: October 04, 2017, 11:47:37 AM »
ENY is fine. The way you can hide in a m3 and not promote any form of combat is lame.

If ya want air combat go to the Dueling Arena. Not everyone wants to be a fighter jock ya know.

Offline Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #267 on: October 04, 2017, 11:51:41 AM »
If ya want air combat go to the Dueling Arena. Not everyone wants to be a fighter jock ya know.

Notice how he said combat... not fighter combat.  Combat could be tanking.. anti air vehicles.. bombers.. cv groups.. the list goes on.  Quit trying to make it something it isnt.  I pushed this agenda harder than anyone and I play all rolls of the game and have since day 1.

Offline Electroman

• Copper Member
« Reply #268 on: October 04, 2017, 11:53:58 AM »
Notice how he said combat... not fighter combat.  Combat could be tanking.. anti air vehicles.. bombers.. cv groups.. the list goes on.  Quit trying to make it something it isnt.  I pushed this agenda harder than anyone and I play all rolls of the game and have since day 1.

As do I Lazer...but most of the time this is what people are referring to.

Removing the troops in an M3 has ZERO EFFECT on improving combat.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #269 on: October 04, 2017, 12:01:00 PM »
Removing the troops in an M3 has ZERO EFFECT on improving combat.

What has given you the impression that was the point of the change?

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11