Author Topic: M3 Effectiveness.....  (Read 32189 times)

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
Re: M3 Effectiveness.....
« Reply #285 on: October 04, 2017, 05:04:54 PM »
Building terrains makes your brains dribble out yur ears and I don't want to drink or beat my head against the wall. But that becomes a catch-22 with all the misunderstandings taken as fact about terrains here in the forums. Meh, I'm still fitting shore batteries into places so you guys can't drop rounds on each other's shore batteries or runway spawn points. Plop down a shore battery with your best guess. Run a build, exit the editor and fire up AH3 offline. Hop in the shore batter, pull up the map, Shift_Q, then test max range against the max barrel swing in both directions. Exit out, open the editor and rotate the shore battery a smidgen. Run a build, exit out, open AH3 and repeat Shift_Q. A few more of these and you move onto the next field to repeat it all over again on up to three shore battery....... :bhead

Each country has 6 task groups running loose on this terrain with many channels to aid getting at enemy feilds faster.
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #286 on: October 04, 2017, 05:34:47 PM »
Building terrains makes your brains dribble out yur ears and I don't want to drink or beat my head against the wall. But that becomes a catch-22 with all the misunderstandings taken as fact about terrains here in the forums. Meh, I'm still fitting shore batteries into places so you guys can't drop rounds on each other's shore batteries or runway spawn points. Plop down a shore battery with your best guess. Run a build, exit the editor and fire up AH3 offline. Hop in the shore batter, pull up the map, Shift_Q, then test max range against the max barrel swing in both directions. Exit out, open the editor and rotate the shore battery a smidgen. Run a build, exit out, open AH3 and repeat Shift_Q. A few more of these and you move onto the next field to repeat it all over again on up to three shore battery....... :bhead

Each country has 6 task groups running loose on this terrain with many channels to aid getting at enemy fields faster.

I just read that with John Ratzenberger's voice.  MUCH better and I get your frustration.
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #287 on: October 04, 2017, 07:11:37 PM »
I have tried to visualize different voices with bustr. I keep going back to a narrative style. Like a guy who reads audio books to children in a monotoned voice. Slight in echo, as if he's inside a studio or something without the sound proof walls. Strange.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline MrGeezer

• Nickel Member
« Reply #288 on: October 05, 2017, 03:13:41 AM »
In the strategy of any business, NEVER, NEVER, take something away.

Cave in to the whiners.   

Sad.

Killing Virtual Bad Guys Since 1995  Disabled, retired.

"Posting anything, which says anything positive about anyone, on our board, will always turn into a derogatory mess. It should be a forum posting rule."  Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #289 on: October 05, 2017, 08:52:32 AM »
The real answer is we are imperfect in our game play because by design the game is not over complicated on purpose

The imperfection is directly related to man's quest to seek the easiest/shortest path that accomplishes the task at hand. Good folks tend to avoid the easy path if they can recognize the negative impact it plays. If you need an example, look at event registration and you can see the good people voluntarily taking "weaker" rides to balance the event out.

Unfortunately, you can't design fair play as there will always be unforeseen shortcuts due in part to human ingenuity.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #290 on: October 05, 2017, 09:46:08 AM »

Cave in to the whiners.   

Sad.

Who was whining about troops in the M3?  Or are you just being dramatic?
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #291 on: October 05, 2017, 09:52:46 AM »
Who was whining about troops in the M3?  Or are you just being dramatic?

I'm afraid they all just are.
In the beginning I was just thinking I might have been missing the point, which can easily happen in such a complex game.
ut none of them ever replied to my direct questions, neither in game nor in the various treads, what exactly they can't do anymore, so that they "have given up on base capturing" or are going to leave. All just exclamations and lamentations, no real arguments or points given, no questions answered.

My own problem is, that stuff like this genuinely irritates me  :noid

« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 09:54:29 AM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline horble

• Silver Member
« Reply #292 on: October 05, 2017, 01:24:02 PM »
There are a lot of people who like to lovingly craft mountains out of their molehills.
Kommando Nowotny

Offline MWL

• Nickel Member
« Reply #293 on: October 05, 2017, 02:29:45 PM »
Or, to pole vault over mouse turds . . . .  :cool:

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #294 on: October 05, 2017, 03:59:01 PM »
In the strategy of any business, NEVER, NEVER, take something away.

Cave in to the whiners.   

Sad.

You're whining right now.  If the M-3 gets troops restored, HTC would be caving to the whiners - right?
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline serun

• Copper Member
« Reply #295 on: October 05, 2017, 04:37:38 PM »
You're whining right now.  If the M-3 gets troops restored, HTC would be caving to the whiners - right?

Hmm. Cold brutal logic. I like it!      :aok

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #296 on: October 06, 2017, 10:08:14 AM »
I'm afraid they all just are.
In the beginning I was just thinking I might have been missing the point, which can easily happen in such a complex game.
ut none of them ever replied to my direct questions, neither in game nor in the various treads, what exactly they can't do anymore, so that they "have given up on base capturing" or are going to leave. All just exclamations and lamentations, no real arguments or points given, no questions answered.

My own problem is, that stuff like this genuinely irritates me  :noid
What questions haven't I answered about why it ruins gameplay? Since I was legit the first person to bring this up here on the furoms, ask me how it's effected me...

I still kill troops so they can't resupply....they resupply them up and then resupply town...all the while all I see is M3s running to town and maybe a single upper.

The difference in the FIGHT prior to this being added was in those situations where town was getting knocked down you had an Alamo situation where a country would respond with a stream of whirbs,tanks, LAs  ect ect ect to hold a field....those fights are fun being on either side....upping an LA today in that fight while 4 people run supps is annoying....you have zero help but the base doesn't get taken...so like Del said it's the path of least resistance...doesnt encourage combat it takes away.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #297 on: October 06, 2017, 10:10:19 AM »
What questions haven't I answered about why it ruins gameplay?.

You?
Did you complain about troops being temporarily disabled for the m3?

Look at the context of my post ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Arlo

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #298 on: October 06, 2017, 10:17:20 AM »

Offline Becinhu

• Gold Member
« Reply #299 on: October 06, 2017, 11:27:53 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

Why do you have a picture of a commercial airliner???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
412th Braunco Mustangs OG
412th FNVG FSO
80th FS "Headhunters" MA