Author Topic: M3 Effectiveness.....  (Read 32209 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: M3 Effectiveness.....
« Reply #315 on: October 20, 2017, 07:58:41 PM »
one guy shines and they have to change the game

And who would that 'one guy' be?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #316 on: October 21, 2017, 02:36:53 AM »
 :rofl :aok

Offline BuckShot

• Silver Member
« Reply #317 on: October 21, 2017, 08:30:49 AM »
I hope the result of this test is no more object resupply.

Combat, not cargo convoys.
Game handle: HellBuck

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #318 on: October 21, 2017, 08:59:30 AM »
I hope the result of this test is no more object resupply.

I hope there no such drastic measure, it would be wrong all the way.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #319 on: October 23, 2017, 07:40:49 AM »
Most of the m3 complaints come from players that do not try to capture or defend bases.  Go figure?

Last night we tried to capture a knit base.  The resupply effort stopped us cold.   The knits did exactly what they needed to do to save the base.   :salute

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #320 on: October 23, 2017, 07:49:45 AM »
Most of the m3 complaints come from players that do not try to capture or defend bases.  Go figure?

Last night we tried to capture a knit base.  The resupply effort stopped us cold.   The knits did exactly what they needed to do to save the base.   :salute
Yeah.... by avoiding combat of any sorts.  :rolleyes:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #321 on: October 23, 2017, 10:26:15 AM »
Yeah.... by avoiding combat of any sorts.  :rolleyes:

And . . .  I rest my case.  :rofl

Online Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #322 on: October 23, 2017, 10:38:44 AM »
Laugh it up Randy. Your gameplay style is a joke. A very bad joke.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Online Lazerr

• Platinum Member
« Reply #323 on: October 23, 2017, 10:52:42 AM »

Yeah his logic is even worse.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #324 on: October 23, 2017, 12:42:40 PM »

Yeah his logic is even worse.

I was looking through the top 50 Ranking list for this tour.   Do y'all use a different name in the game?

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #325 on: October 23, 2017, 01:11:51 PM »
I was looking through the top 50 Ranking list for this tour.   Do y'all use a different name in the game?

I guarantee both of those guys could most likely rock the socks off of any of the top 50 in a 1v1 matchup.

Rank is there to make the little girls who horde bases and mass resupply towns feel better about not actually killing another player in an online combat simulator.

I can get into the top 50 fairly easily doing this simple thing:

1 Milk run in a bomber, 1 base capture in a C47, 3 base captures in a vehicle with 1 town destroyed in an M4 rocket tank, drop 1 1K bomb on a full up CV from a Jabbo with a couple of GV and a couple of air kills.  Use a P47 to straff a few buildings to get my accuracy up.  Fly 262's for fighter ranked scores and shoot down a few buffs.

Feel free to use that if you'd like to consider yourself a premier in game pilot...   :rofl
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 23, 2017, 01:22:50 PM »
1 Milk run in a bomber, 1 base capture in a C47, 3 base captures in a vehicle with 1 town destroyed in an M4 rocket tank, drop 1 1K bomb on a full up CV from a Jabbo with a couple of GV and a couple of air kills.  Use a P47 to straff a few buildings to get my accuracy up.  Fly 262's for fighter ranked scores and shoot down a few buffs.

With both a single capture in bomber and vehicles, you are more likely to end up in the top 10.  At least. :noid

Seriously, I have a single capture in a vehicle and none in bombers at all, yet I'm currently #1 overall  :rofl

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #327 on: October 23, 2017, 01:26:20 PM »
 :rofl :cheers:
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #328 on: October 23, 2017, 01:53:41 PM »
Randy why is it a good thing that players can thumb their nose at the whole effort of placing oneself in harms way and dictate the outcome of so many who are willing to take that risk? This game is not a WW2 simulation, it's a combat simulation using WW2 toys.

I've run resupply during hot capture battles and the risk is very slight based against any other combat activities I've taken part in over the last 15 years. It's tougher to run troops since they give themselves away once you kick them out. I stopped running supplies to the town because one thing stayed constant for years, when you beat the attack with supplies, you often didn't see anymore combat for a long time that evening. In some ways delivering supplies to crap on all the players friend and foe who just fought over the real-estate is quasi the c word. The defenders only sense of it is now they have to wait for maybe the next fight to get started, if it even does for that evening.

Since troops in WW2 never had a giant red "P" hovering over them, why not base supplies stay persistent for 30-60sec with an icon and they can be destroyed during the persistent period? Some guys might even stay put to fight for their supply box with their 50cal.

Most of the players defending one guy hiding in the bushes controlling the outcome of 10-20 guys risking something by fighting have not been around very long. M3's with supplies screwing 20 guys is pretty much like handing out participation trophy's and dictating equal outcomes to make everyone a winner. The unintended consequence is how this stops a large scale activity for everyone involved on both sides with only one guy who pushed a single button sort of a winner. 

Another possibility, when that box dictates the outcome of the base capture and ends the fun for both sides, a name in lights message should go up, player x just screwed your evening with his supply drop at field xyz. Everyone else gets a name in lights for combat deeds, why not name in lights for screwing people out of their evenings fun.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline popeye

• Gold Member
« Reply #329 on: October 23, 2017, 02:06:25 PM »
Using resupply to stop a capture has little to do with rank.  Why just today I kill an M3 driving buttnugget trying to ruin the game by resupplying who was ranked #19.   :D
KONG

Where is Major Kong?!?