Author Topic: M3 Effectiveness.....  (Read 32209 times)

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
Re: M3 Effectiveness.....
« Reply #330 on: October 23, 2017, 02:25:21 PM »

Rank is there to make the little girls who horde bases and mass resupply towns feel better about not actually killing another player in an online combat simulator.

And . . . I rest my case again.  The biggest m3 complainers can often be found in a horde.   

This is much to easy.    :rofl

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #331 on: October 23, 2017, 02:40:01 PM »
And . . . I rest my case again.  The biggest m3 complainers can often be found in a horde.   

You will have to produce evidence for that, before you can 'rest your case'
Better yet, you also provide evidence the "hands off m3 supps" guys can NOT be found in hordes.

:)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #332 on: October 23, 2017, 03:06:18 PM »
Rank is there to make the little girls who horde bases and mass resupply towns feel better about not actually killing another player in an online combat simulator.

Take it from a little girl who cares about rank, resupplying hurts your vehicle score. You get 0 kill points, 0 Field Captures, 0 Hit Percentage, 0 Bombing Hit Percentage and 0 kills. Therefore you have spent time (which hurts your Kill/Time) and a sortie (which hurts your Kill/Sortie) simply traveling to a base. If you die (which hurts your Kills/Death), it hurts your score even more.

I do agree, however, that the problem with the M3 is the field supplies. Rather, the problem is the mechanic of resupplying towns. Maybe only field objects (ordnance, fuel, radar, etc.) should be able to be resupplied, not towns.
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #333 on: October 23, 2017, 03:06:44 PM »

Better yet, you also provide evidence the "hands off m3 supps" guys can NOT be found in hordes.

Just about every player in the game has been in a horde.  :)   Me included albeit I find hording without a base take to be a complete waist of game play time. 

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #334 on: October 23, 2017, 03:09:07 PM »
I tend to avoid the horde unless I'm fighting it.  No fun being in a gaggle of people fighting over 1 upper to kill.  It's also why I am a 1 man squad.  Much easier to do what I want that way...

I'll go 1v1 against you if you think I can't handle my own.
"look at me I am making a derogatory remark to the OP"

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #335 on: October 23, 2017, 03:19:10 PM »

I'll go 1v1 against you if you think I can't handle my own.

No doubt.  So can a lot of players.  I am a few days from 70 so my reaction time is that of a rasin.  I do enjoy the whole game so I battle against those that are small minded when it comes to the extensive venue AH offers.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #336 on: October 23, 2017, 03:44:23 PM »

This is much to easy.    :rofl

Just about every player in the game has been in a horde.  :) 

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Devil 505

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #337 on: October 23, 2017, 04:08:45 PM »
I was looking through the top 50 Ranking list for this tour.   Do y'all use a different name in the game?

You think rank actually is a relevant measure of something. How cute.
Kommando Nowotny

FlyKommando.com

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #338 on: October 23, 2017, 04:24:02 PM »
You think rank actually is a relevant measure of something. How cute.

:rofl :ahand

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #339 on: October 23, 2017, 05:51:37 PM »
Just about every player in the game has been in a horde.  :)   Me included albeit I find hording without a base take to be a complete waist of game play time.
No every player has been apart of a horde before, the difference is some people try to avoid being part of it when they can.

I watch you and a lot of other players who complain about hordes hanging out above your field not pushing out from it....which makes it easy to kill you, its not the horde causing you to get vulched, it's your inability to see that if you push away from your field and actually fight that you will have separation to get off your field and get energy in order to fight.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline wil3ur

• Silver Member
« Reply #340 on: October 23, 2017, 06:02:48 PM »
if you push away from your field and actually fight that you will have separation to get off your field and get energy in order to fight.

^^This is truth -- the funniest part is, most people are so transfixed on a vulch, that they will ignore the plane that gets airborne and sneaks out of the ack thinking that someone else is going to take care of it, meanwhile no one else does anything because they're all looking down.

I've also seen many a vulch start because a guy that has 14K altitude decides to run from a 1v1 and split S straight back to their ack and lose all alt and E in the process, making people like me upset so I start taking down base ack because they believe themselves safe.

Or the idiot that sits in an 88 taking popshots at a fight 12K out, so I come in and knock out the 88 and start deacking the field in the process because I want to ruin his fun since he's ruining mine...

OR...

Offline Zener

• Copper Member
« Reply #341 on: October 23, 2017, 07:40:07 PM »
Just yesterday there were at least two prolonged battles at A10.  A CV came in and leveled the town while plenty of planes upped from the field and the CV killing each other over and over.  LVTs began pouring in and now the fight shifts to having to defend air AND ground, and so supplies got run to the town to GF it, then the air fight resumed. 

Both times it kept going and going and going until the CV was sunk.

So here you have one side using ship-based offensive weapons, aircraft, and LVTs... and it's somehow unfair that the town was resupped to focus on the air targets and not have to keep people low over the beach or town?  If anything, those resupply runs kept the fight going longer.  And it did that both times; kept the fight going on and on.

The attackers had plenty of heavy planes to keep the VH in check (mostly), and enough to run a few bombs and rockets into town now and then, but couldn't have one of them fly low from town to spawn looking for resuppliers?  Hard to fathom.

Take away the ability to resupply and all you're going to get is easier base takes, so much easier that you won't get the fights you imagine but you will get people abandoning the base as lost and forming up to go where planes aren't to take a field of their own.  It will be the same as the horde NOE mission days where even more combat avoidance will happen in the name of taking bases.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 07:43:41 PM by Zener »

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #342 on: October 24, 2017, 03:35:11 PM »

You will have to produce evidence for that, before you can 'rest your case'

what if both type of players cannot be found in a horde?!  :eek: :eek:
Who is then IN the hordes? The Dothraki?!  :uhoh
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline 100Coogn

• Gold Member
« Reply #343 on: October 24, 2017, 03:39:22 PM »
what if both type of players cannot be found in a horde?!  :eek: :eek:
Who is then IN the hordes? The Dothraki?!  :uhoh

Illuminati?   :uhoh

Coogan
From Wiley: If you're hitting them after they drop, that's not defense, that is revenge.
Game Id's:
AHIII: Coogan
RDR2: Coogan_Bear
MSFS-2020: Coogan Bear

Offline molybdenum

• Nickel Member
« Reply #344 on: October 25, 2017, 06:57:21 PM »
Just yesterday there were at least two prolonged battles at A10.  A CV came in and leveled the town while plenty of planes upped from the field and the CV killing each other over and over.  LVTs began pouring in and now the fight shifts to having to defend air AND ground, and so supplies got run to the town to GF it, then the air fight resumed. 

Both times it kept going and going and going until the CV was sunk.

So here you have one side using ship-based offensive weapons, aircraft, and LVTs... and it's somehow unfair that the town was resupped to focus on the air targets and not have to keep people low over the beach or town?  If anything, those resupply runs kept the fight going longer.  And it did that both times; kept the fight going on and on.

The attackers had plenty of heavy planes to keep the VH in check (mostly), and enough to run a few bombs and rockets into town now and then, but couldn't have one of them fly low from town to spawn looking for resuppliers?  Hard to fathom.

Take away the ability to resupply and all you're going to get is easier base takes, so much easier that you won't get the fights you imagine but you will get people abandoning the base as lost and forming up to go where planes aren't to take a field of their own.  It will be the same as the horde NOE mission days where even more combat avoidance will happen in the name of taking bases.

Well said.
The people who whine the loudest about m3s resupping towns have a strong tendency to be good fighter pilots who are annoyed that people aren't upping out of a capped base in order to get shot down. M3 type players care about whether bases get taken or not, and usually upping from another base and trying to save the day from it won't work: there isn't time. M3s often if not usually PROLONG a fight instead of shorten it--don't know if the whiners are willfully ignorant about that or what.
Nerf m3 resup and what will happen? The people who care will mostly give the base up as a lost cause and go somewhere else because there isn't anything they can do to prevent it. This is likely to cause hording to increase and base takes to become much easier, which will, again, subtract instead of add to the combat aspect of this game.