Author Topic: M3 Effectiveness.....  (Read 32187 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: M3 Effectiveness.....
« Reply #360 on: October 26, 2017, 02:26:49 PM »
Ive given up on these supply and manned guns threads..

I will quietly log off knowing in the back of my mind the types of huge battles that took place before these things killed them off.

:rofl When have you or Junky done ANYTHING concerning this subject quietly?

It's a shame.  I'm pretty sure one or two more threads belaboring the same points really would've made a difference.  Really.

Got to admit though I'm in the same boat.  FSO, scenarios, and squad night are about it for me lately.  I'm sure I'll cycle back one day.

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #361 on: October 26, 2017, 02:51:06 PM »
So no base captures this month, and I just did my first two fighter sorties last night.  I dropped 600 ranks overnight from those two sorties and am now in the top 100 Pilots!

I'M SO EPIC!!!!    :joystick:

You should try to do more.  Maybe you would get more out of the game.

Last night I flew several fighter sorties and shot down some reds.  Upped a 38L and killed a couple of GVs.  Flew a c47 to capture a base from the bish and did with the help of several Rooks.  Ran a resupply run with an M3.  Upped a wirble and helped take  down a town.  Most of the time there is a tank thrown in the mix but those very long gv runs to town ate up a lot of time.  Had a good night though.

I look for the action then look to see how I can help the Rooks.  If no action  then our squad captures bases until we get their attention.  Works every time.

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #362 on: October 26, 2017, 06:02:51 PM »
:rofl When have you or Junky done ANYTHING concerning this subject quietly?

It's a shame.  I'm pretty sure one or two more threads belaboring the same points really would've made a difference.  Really.

Got to admit though I'm in the same boat.  FSO, scenarios, and squad night are about it for me lately.  I'm sure I'll cycle back one day.

Wiley.
I landed 8 Kills the other day killing 251s running to the field....found Zero enjoyment shooting fish in a red solo cup.
DFC Member
Proud Member of Pigs on the Wing
"Yikes"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #363 on: October 26, 2017, 06:07:22 PM »
Lower than the middle.  We must all fly something from mid war, below 5k and never do anything other than fight until we die.  These are the rules of the Good Player(TM).  Everything else is bad, and bad for the game, and you should feel bad for doing it.

:rolleyes:

Wiley.

I dont care WHAT they fly, drive or gun. I just want them to FIGHT for it. If you think your going to win in a fight from a gun, go for it, but I dont seem to get killed by guns much. I would like to get credit for a kill when I drop them tho. After all Im putting my "flight" in danger kicking them out of it if that is the type of FIGHT they want.

I dont see running supplies as fighting any which way you want to call it. You want to save your base, FIGHT me for it thats all. WHen grabbing supplies is the first thing a player thinks of as "defense" something is wrong.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #364 on: October 27, 2017, 09:54:47 AM »
M3 promotes sissy combat.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline atlau

• Silver Member
« Reply #365 on: October 27, 2017, 10:00:49 AM »
I landed 8 Kills the other day killing 251s running to the field....found Zero enjoyment shooting fish in a red solo cup.

Use a c202 and make it more challenging! :)

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #366 on: October 27, 2017, 10:28:16 AM »
Use a c202 and make it more challenging! :)
Yea Im sure it will make my night so much more fun :aok
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #367 on: October 27, 2017, 01:34:03 PM »
Please don't give Junky ideas, anytime he fly's something besides the 152, he becomes insufferable. He already picks fights with whole countries and wins them much of the time and we have to listen to him on squad channel. Just ignore him, he's bored and ranting again. When this M3 thingy is over he will probably figure out how to land kills with a storch taking on other countries alone...... :rolleyes:
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline flippz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #368 on: October 27, 2017, 04:01:21 PM »
Please don't give Junky ideas, anytime he fly's something besides the 152, he becomes insufferable. He already picks fights with whole countries and wins them much of the time and we have to listen to him on squad channel. Just ignore him, he's bored and ranting again. When this M3 thingy is over he will probably figure out how to land kills with a storch taking on other countries alone...... :rolleyes:
no words for this
anti-horde

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #369 on: October 27, 2017, 04:25:34 PM »
no words for this
anti-horde
Is your new in game name Fodder?

Oh and why no words?

JunkyII > Anti-Horde
« Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 04:33:18 PM by JunkyII »
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline Zener

• Copper Member
« Reply #370 on: October 27, 2017, 04:42:31 PM »
M3 promotes sissy combat.

How can it when people are so afraid to go hunt them they want their functions disabled?

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #371 on: October 27, 2017, 07:15:45 PM »
How can it when people are so afraid to go hunt them they want their functions disabled?
afraid???  :rofl :rofl scared to kill something that can't shoot me back? Because an M3 can't shoot me while I'm attacking it.
DFC Member
"Yikes"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #372 on: October 28, 2017, 10:42:42 AM »
afraid???  :rofl :rofl scared to kill something that can't shoot me back? Because an M3 can't shoot me while I'm attacking it.
I get kills in M3 quite often! Not proxies ....KILLS. More kills than proxies anyway. M3 does have a .50. Just have to know when to use it. :old:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline JimmyD3

• Gold Member
« Reply #373 on: October 28, 2017, 11:17:21 AM »
Junky, love ya brother, but your starting to sound like "Midway" on this issue.  :bolt:
Kenai77
CO Sic Puppies MWK
USAF 1971-76

Offline JunkyII

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #374 on: October 28, 2017, 12:09:58 PM »
I get kills in M3 quite often! Not proxies ....KILLS. More kills than proxies anyway. M3 does have a .50. Just have to know when to use it. :old:
The reason you are getting that kill is because the person attacking you is making a mistake, not because of your talent. Same when you get a kill with a main gun from a tank.

Junky, love ya brother, but your starting to sound like "Midway" on this issue.  :bolt:
If you mean passionate like he was with his FPH's  then I'll take it as a compliment  :aok
DFC Member
"Yikes"