Author Topic: PUBG  (Read 5110 times)

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
Re: PUBG
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2017, 02:49:15 PM »
I finally got chicken.  115 hours in...  Wish I could say it was with 17 kills and panning the last guy, but...  It was not glorious.  It was a combination of lucky circles, hiding like a sad, sad little man, and outlasting the guy that was holed up in the final house after possibly winging him with a grenade before the blue closed in all the way, but I do not care.  Winning is winning. ;)

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline BoilerDown

• Silver Member
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2017, 01:02:53 AM »
I played it a decent amount a while back, but two things turned me off: 1) it was a third person shooter, not first, and the cheaty seeing around corners always seemed like bull to me.  And 2) My friends were always seeing targets that I couldn't see, they have monitors higher resolution than my 1080p.  So I assume there's some in-game rendering advantage to that.  I'm planning to upgrade, but not yet.

I understand there's 1st person only servers now, so I might give it another try.
Boildown

This is the Captain.  We have a lil' problem with our entry sequence so we may experience some slight turbulence and then... explode.

Boildown is Twitching: http://www.twitch.tv/boildown

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2017, 12:03:18 PM »
Yup. I switched to fpp immediately. It is good.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2017, 06:02:22 PM »
Me and Wiley had some good games today!  We got down to last 7 I believe. Or 10 idk. More to come!!
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2017, 03:32:48 PM »
Wiley and I have been playing a little together for over a week now and we finally got our first chicken dinner together! A 9 kill run we had together with epic communication an decision making on both ends!  It was an aim biter lol

The Few

-Spek

Offline kappa

• Parolee
  • Silver Member
« Reply #35 on: September 13, 2017, 03:03:22 AM »
https://joinsquad.com/ Squad is a much better overall shooter and will have a much longer longevity.. I recommend 8)
- TWBYDHAS

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 13, 2017, 07:14:13 AM »
https://joinsquad.com/ Squad is a much better overall shooter and will have a much longer longevity.. I recommend 8)
Looks cool. But pubg is where it's at right now. And it ain't going no where lol

The Few

-Spek

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2017, 09:52:21 PM »
probably picking it up this weekend.  haven't played a shooter in years.  prepared to die a lot. as is per normal.  :cheers:
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2017, 12:25:20 AM »
Last week PUBG set a Steam record for most concurrent players on at a time, 1.3 million, beating DOTA's previous record by 100k.

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2017, 06:32:19 AM »
Message me your steam profiles if y'all wanna play!

The Few

-Spek

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #40 on: September 20, 2017, 10:14:35 AM »
Ditto here - can anyone guess my STEAM ID? :P
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2017, 02:38:40 PM »
Passed 2 million concurrent players this week.  It did so while there were just over 14 million Steam users on the platform, meaning 1 in 7 Steam players worldwide were playing PUBG.  It also topped the 15 million units in sales figure this week as well. 

Somebody is making some $ - 450 million...even after Steam's 1/3 cut, that's still doing pretty good for an FPS type game.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2017, 02:47:51 PM »
It's amazing to me how even though it's early access with loads of bugs and pretty horrid performance, it's digital crack.  They've nailed something about the gameplay that just makes you want to play more.

Wiley.

JG11

Offline Gman

• Gold Member
« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2017, 03:25:51 PM »
Lightning in a bottle, I agree.  They haven't done anything that hasn't been done in some way or other before IMO, just combined it in a really fun way.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #44 on: October 11, 2017, 03:30:03 PM »
Lightning in a bottle, I agree.  They haven't done anything that hasn't been done in some way or other before IMO, just combined it in a really fun way.

Yup.  I think for me it's the somewhat realistic gunplay coupled with the fact that when you die you can get right back into it and you don't actually lose anything over time.  I wanted to love DayZ and stuff like it, but losing days of work from a bullet out of nowhere loses its charm rapidly.  Losing 20 minutes of work, you're not really out anything.

Wiley.

JG11