Author Topic: Been considering a big change.  (Read 10041 times)

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
Re: Been considering a big change.
« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2017, 03:30:35 PM »
Thanks guys! Thats what I was looking for,"find Kanths post" lol . Uh,where is it FLS?  :x  Thanks again!  :cheers:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline SJ001

• Zinc Member
« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2017, 03:44:48 PM »
lol, I found one not sure it was the right one, took me ages, she has a lot of post :D

In the end I went with black bars on side, keeps good frame rate in game while recording and looks better to me.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2017, 03:52:56 PM »
Thanks guys! Thats what I was looking for,"find Kanths post" lol . Uh,where is it FLS?  :x  Thanks again!  :cheers:

I thought it would be helpful to get you to use the search function.  I searched for "vrwinsize" by Kanth. Took about 15 seconds, I specified the VR and film forums.   :aok

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,385062.msg5120340.html#msg5120340

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2017, 09:21:12 AM »
Would you want head positions to change config files for VR and non  VR when removing head set, my guess would be no.

HiTech

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2017, 09:38:07 AM »
I can't think of any reason to change head positions.

Would the FOV stay the same or change from 110 to 90?

Taking off the headset also takes off the headphones and mic and head tracking. You can mirror the sound from the Rift but you'd still be speaking into the VR headset. Can the sound configuration change between VR and desktop so you could use a different headphone and mic? Would TrackIR work in desktop if you switch back and forth?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2017, 09:41:59 AM »
When you take off the head set it switches to non vr sound settings.

FOV switches to what ever is set in the graphic settings.

Track IR would not work. It is considered a VR device, only one can be used at a time.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2017, 12:04:54 PM »
Question, If you took the headset off, then put it back on will it reset all things to VR again?

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
« Reply #67 on: September 05, 2017, 12:26:11 PM »
Question, If you took the headset off, then put it back on will it reset all things to VR again?

Yes it goes back to just like it was before you took the head set off.

HiTec

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #68 on: September 05, 2017, 01:36:05 PM »

Sorry gentlemen i should have gotten in here and got that info for you.  Glad you were able to find it.

Also  :neener:

lol, I found one not sure it was the right one, took me ages, she has a lot of post :D
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #69 on: September 05, 2017, 05:57:47 PM »
Sorry gentlemen i should have gotten in here and got that info for you.  Glad you were able to find it.

Also  :neener:

When you didn't show up right away I figured road trip.   :D

Offline Kanth

• Gold Member
« Reply #70 on: September 05, 2017, 06:43:55 PM »
hehehehe  :aok
Gone from the game. Please see Spikes or Nefarious for any Ahevents.net admin needs.

Offline SJ001

• Zinc Member
« Reply #71 on: September 05, 2017, 07:34:43 PM »
No Prob Kanth, and thank you for the info.

As for the head positions, Im leaving that discussions up to others, having VR has got me back flying and I "Think" I'm getting better, or at least don't suck as bad, would be cool to remove headset for typing, bombing and prob other stuff.

Only been back 2 weeks and really enjoying AH3!

Slam

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #72 on: September 06, 2017, 05:18:14 PM »
 :O I started a new topic, before I checked this particular thread  :uhoh Ok, to clarify, I like the change....BUT :uhoh all my hat switches are mapped to non view actions. Is there a way to have separate control settings for controllers  when in VR or non VR, at time of headset removal? I can deal with using the Numpad for views as it would only be needed in limited uses, as per my style of game play. Just curious :uhoh  Its a big upgrade to VR game play, and dont want to be "THAT GUY" that can never be satisfied :O I think this will be a great inducement for more players in VR. Thank you, Guys! Great job :rock
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: September 07, 2017, 05:52:55 AM »
The real use is a beverage break or the antithesis.

Offline SJ001

• Zinc Member
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2017, 10:00:46 PM »
I love the update!

Finally got to fly today...

Thanks!