Author Topic: Been considering a big change.  (Read 10045 times)

Offline modeus

• Zinc Member
Re: Been considering a big change.
« Reply #75 on: September 07, 2017, 10:57:53 PM »
I appear to be in the minority here, but i greatly dislike this change. I would like to ask for an option to turn it off, in the VR settings maybe? Or even some sort of workaround that allows me to go back to the way it was.

I experience about a 2 second black screen while the computer figures out what it's trying to do (each way), as well as I often have to hear the plane start up again each way as well. I was perfectly content with the window that was displayed before (I often prop my headset up on my forehead, or even set it down to do various things while flying), and I don't feel like I've gained anything...

Modeus

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #76 on: September 08, 2017, 12:37:27 AM »
Go to clipboard/options/preferences/VR and check Disable Auto VR Mode Swap.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #77 on: September 08, 2017, 08:16:07 AM »
Is HTC aware of this?  I haven't seen any staff acknowledge that they are aware of the bugs/issues with the new VR implementation such as the settings being reset everytime, the hourglass icon while flying, funky graphics on desktop mode, and bomb sight calibration information missing completely in calibration mode.
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #78 on: September 08, 2017, 08:37:19 AM »
Has anyone noticed that the vr world appears larger after the last patch. There is no way to objectively check but it sure seams to me that the cockpit and airplane are bigger than before?

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #79 on: September 08, 2017, 10:17:06 AM »
Maybe it was a field of view tweak, or a head position?

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #80 on: September 08, 2017, 11:53:05 AM »
Has anyone noticed that the vr world appears larger after the last patch. There is no way to objectively check but it sure seams to me that the cockpit and airplane are bigger than before?

You can compare screenshots for an objective comparison.

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #81 on: September 08, 2017, 12:44:58 PM »
I'll double check to verify that the FOV did not get screwed up when going back to VR.

HiTech

Offline modeus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #82 on: September 08, 2017, 05:20:00 PM »
Go to clipboard/options/preferences/VR and check Disable Auto VR Mode Swap.

This is not what you think it is, I thought it was as well, but this makes the VR headset display identical images in both displays, removing the 3D effect. It has nothing to do with the part where I lift my headset off my head.

Modeus

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2017, 05:55:40 PM »
Modeus, I think it suppose to be; disable mirror in the vr menu.

As Hitech stated in another thread.

That should be disable mirror in the vr menu.

Found here: http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,389232.0.html

:salute
Sik
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #84 on: September 08, 2017, 06:12:02 PM »
This is not what you think it is, I thought it was as well, but this makes the VR headset display identical images in both displays, removing the 3D effect. It has nothing to do with the part where I lift my headset off my head.

I haven't had a chance to test it yet. I think it may be the correct option but it's not working correctly.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2017, 06:50:44 PM by FLS »

Offline modeus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #85 on: September 08, 2017, 06:44:13 PM »
I haven't had a chance to test it yet. I think it may be the correct option but it's not working for correctly.

I did test it, it works as described above. I do not think it was intended to be the option I was looking for, because I'm pretty sure it's not new, as well as the description that comes up when you mouse over it accurately describes what happens when you click it.

Modeus

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #86 on: September 08, 2017, 06:55:22 PM »
I think it's a new option with a bug that shows an old message and doesn't work
 properly. It will be fixed.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #87 on: September 08, 2017, 09:26:46 PM »
I'll double check to verify that the FOV did not get screwed up when going back to VR.

HiTech

When you uncheck the new feature it really sets the graphics to extra large.  Terrydew confirmed that.  When you check it back it goes back to the right size.  A P-38 wheel looks huge when you uncheck the option.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #88 on: September 08, 2017, 11:26:47 PM »
I did test it, it works as described above. I do not think it was intended to be the option I was looking for, because I'm pretty sure it's not new, as well as the description that comes up when you mouse over it accurately describes what happens when you click it.

Tried the new version. Mode switching worked fine, no pauses or problems. Still 90 FPS. Turning off auto mode swap worked as advertised.  No difference in apparent size, VR FOV appears the same. No idea why you had a different experience. Posting your DXdiag might help.

Offline terrydew

• Copper Member
« Reply #89 on: September 09, 2017, 07:40:23 AM »

HiTech

It is repeatable on my system. Disable the vr switch and you get a much larger aircraft. Enable the vr switch and aircraft goes back to previous size. As to the larger size, it doesn't feel totally unrealistic and you can see the gauges better. IMHO a size between the two would be ideal.