Author Topic: TA Hard To Find  (Read 3354 times)

Offline Lyme

• Zinc Member
TA Hard To Find
« on: September 01, 2017, 11:07:37 AM »
I feel like the Training Arena is buried deep inside the FREE Tab.  Might be easier to find if it had it's own tab or was the first arena to show within the free.  Just thinking from a NOOB standpoint.

Offline Petey

• Copper Member
      • 56th FG Homepage
Re: TA Hard To Find
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 11:17:03 AM »
thats a good idea to have it right up front with its own tab.  +1
Petey

56 FG "Zemke's Wolfpack"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2017, 11:18:56 AM »
It would be nice if it could be linked from both tabs.

Having it up front and empty isn't a good presentation.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2017, 12:09:04 PM »
Put a prominent big button that has a tag: Click to GoTo Training Arena.

Probably today's new players will need smart phone style icons and directions to show them where to go. How many of them use a map when they drive.....
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Petey

• Copper Member
      • 56th FG Homepage
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2017, 12:34:04 PM »
great idea Bustr!
Petey

56 FG "Zemke's Wolfpack"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2017, 12:41:16 PM »
Pushing the big button would be disappointing when the TA is empty.  On the current list you see the numbers, which is why most newbies go to the MA for the massive multi-player. Training is available for everyone but I wouldn't promote an empty arena we can't staff 24/7.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2017, 01:07:18 PM »
How about a big red button with a macro: Go to the most populated MA and send an automated request for a trainer? "Hi, I'm <GameID> and I'm new to the game. Please help!"
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2017, 05:36:10 PM »
How about a big red button with a macro: Go to the most populated MA and send an automated request for a trainer? "Hi, I'm <GameID> and I'm new to the game. Please help!"

I think if the trainers had access to the pink text channel like the CM's do we could announce over all the arenas that a trainer in in the training arena and available!

The channel is already setup,just need to give access to it to the trainers.Longtime players just need to realize the TA is under the free tab now!

:salute

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2017, 06:32:45 PM »

Similar problem. What if no trainer is available?

Online Mar

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2017, 08:08:04 PM »
Eerily, I agree with FLS. The poor newbie wouldn't feel good if nobody responded to that.

I like Morf's idea though. :aok
𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝒽𝒶𝒹𝑜𝓌𝓈 𝑜𝒻 𝓌𝒶𝓇'𝓈 𝓅𝒶𝓈𝓉 𝒶 𝒹𝑒𝓂𝑜𝓃 𝑜𝒻 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝒶𝒾𝓇 𝓇𝒾𝓈𝑒𝓈 𝒻𝓇𝑜𝓂 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝑔𝓇𝒶𝓋𝑒

"Onward to the land of kings—via the sky of aces!"
  Oh, and zack1234 rules. :old:

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2017, 01:06:10 AM »
  I think if the trainers had access to the pink text channel like the CM's do we could announce over all the arenas that a trainer in in the training arena and available!

:aok :rock

”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2017, 01:51:56 AM »

How often should the trainer repeat his announcement? The new guys may not have the patience to find and study the Support>Help files on the HTC Home Page. Not to mention other issues such as this reviewer from the Steam site encountered: "Too lazy to map keys myself."

A pink message every two minutes would be too often for experienced players to see since the pink channel can't be turned off, every 15 minutes too seldom for the new ones to see and react...

How about making the Help channel activated to all five radios by default and using that for trainer announcements? It feels unlikely for a new player to change the channels in all of the radios before getting a message from a trainer.

Back to my original button idea: If the button was active only when there's a trainer available? Trainer in the TA - green button, no trainer - red button with explaining text on it.

I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2017, 02:26:54 AM »
They should announce it once on the Help channel. No need to annoy people. We don't have the CM channel.

The usual way to arrange training is with a post in Help and Training. This is explained on the message in the TA.

It's OK if new guys never see a trainer. It's not a requirement for playing Aces High III. It's a feature available to players who are interested.

Offline FESS67

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2017, 02:27:24 AM »
Many games have tutorial AI levels people go through to prepare them for the game environment but most do noting but provide documentation.

You cannot baby these people into the game, provide access to the information and that is it.  When I joined WW2OL, WT, WOW, WOT, IL2BoS..etc etc... there was no insta help channel.  Just hop in and get on with it.  Sure, they need help to properly understand the game but no other game provides it and they do not suffer from lack of numbers.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2017, 03:27:34 AM »
Hmmm... How about two buttons/links on the opening screen: One for the Support>Help page and another to post a Training Request.

Kotisivuni