Author Topic: Not exactly training.. But maybe?  (Read 5591 times)

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
Re: Not exactly training.. But maybe?
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2017, 09:00:58 AM »
Give me a few days to find some old post of mine. I've written a few longer write ups about the 109s. I also have a great film from the last combat challenge of me flying the G14 the whole time. I'll send you that when I get to my comp.  It may be useful to watch to see how to fight in furballs and maintain SA, while also getting kills. The 109 is one of the best counter puncher planes in the game. Learning defensive tactics like loaded rolls and getting opportunities for quick snap shots are a few keys to success. Learning to set up snapshots is extremely important for 109s. Throttle management (can't simply zoom dive around 500mph everywhere) and entering/escaping the furball are also very important tactics to the 109.

That would be awesome man, and highly appreciated! When I was referring to some oldie goldie 109 sticks, you were one of them.. I just haven't seen you online myself. I remember you going up a few against anarchy back in the day and it would be awesome even watching you two dish it out. I look forward to it! Thanks again. <S>
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann

Offline Blinky

• Copper Member
Re: Not exactly training.. But maybe?
« Reply #31 on: September 06, 2017, 09:31:06 AM »
I forgot to add - I can usually fare up pretty well in any 1 versus 1 situation (with reverses and counters and snapshots) however it's when the stick behind me is far better, and holds out enough to get me low and slow. That's when I start panicking, and losing control. Once I've l lost my E and Alt with them on my six I tend to panick, climb at an angle, and try to wingover. It's a 50/50 sometimes they will overshoot, and sometimes they wont and I die. Not sure what else to do in said situation though.
"See, decide, attack, reverse." - Erich Hartmann