Author Topic: Some major issues with new patch  (Read 1816 times)

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
Some major issues with new patch
« on: September 07, 2017, 11:07:46 PM »
1.)  Every couple minutes or so a giant hourglass appears in VR as if something is trying to load in the background.  The game stutters briefly, my peripherals are black, I see the white hourglass floating around, and then it disappears.  I don't know if this is the game or Oculus home checking to see if my headset is on every couple minutes?  Have never seen this in the several years of playing Aces High and never in VR.

2.)  When going from VR to desktop mode, the colors are off, everything looks distorted, and worst of all - I cannot see bomb-sight calibration information at all.  All of that Red/Yellow text in the upper left is completely gone when in calibration.

3.) A lot of my settings reset when I first start the game, and when I got from desktop back to headset, all of my graphic settings were reset and I have to change them each time.  Any thoughts?
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Some major issues with new patch
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 08:34:41 AM »
1 & 2 sound like driver issues , or something your running that is conflicting. Are you running any other graphic utilities?

For #3 I need the specifics of which settings?

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 03:14:28 PM »
1 & 2 sound like driver issues , or something your running that is conflicting. Are you running any other graphic utilities?

For #3 I need the specifics of which settings?

I have the latest Nvidia Drivers.  I'm not the only one getting the issue, there is someone who confirmed it in the VR thread on my most recent post.  I run nothing in the background, very clean Win10 64-bit configuration.  Nvidia GTX 1080 and Oculus Rift.  I even make sure I don't install Nvidia Experience, or the other bloat that comes with the drivers.

For #3, The settings which revert are the in-game graphics settings.  Anti-aliasing goes back on, reflections and shadows go back on, all of the terrain texture and detail sliders go back to default, I get the tool tips and clipboard pop-up for new players to watch the videos again despite having clicked not to show it anymore.  It feels like a fresh installation not only when I reopen the game, but when I go from taking the headset off to putting it back on.  In that short amount of time, all of my in-game graphical settings revert to default.  Do you want DXDIAG or any other information?

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline nomad45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 01:29:54 PM »
I am experiencing a near identical problem.. frame rates have crashed.. hour glass appears in tower and I get black edges when moving my head in vr.  I have GeForce 1080ti with latest drivers.....

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 04:54:25 PM »
This was a post from different thread, but this is were it probably should have been posted :uhoh  My experiences with the "Hour Glass" issue.   To, the "Hour Glass" issue from a previous reply. I am having the same issue. Previously with using VR, the micro freezes/stutters were way less in number.NOW, they are really ramped up. Only now I get freeze frames with the "Hour Glass" showing up for up to 2 seconds at worst and 1/2 second at least. I get them mostly after looking back to right(more so than back to left), I believe this MAY be due to having the clip board open on right side wing area? I also get the smaller freezes after using VOX,window for Name of transmitter is also on right side. The rare instances of looking left and getting the small freeze is only when I am looking left and expand the "Text Buffer" window. Yes, I paid attention! Wrote down every little instance and what I did just before the freezes! In 4 hours yesterday I had 37 of these instances. 21 longer than 1 second with 19 of those back to right view change. :uhoh  I dont want to Hijack the thread, but IF this is because of a resource issue What can safely be turned off, IE in background possesses in TASK MANAGER. Am I safe to experiment with questionable processes? Meaning turn something off(that IS needed) and restart computer so process restarts and just try again,but keep that one on? Get nervous about that sort of thing :uhoh   I also had some settings that would change from earlier changes. Was reflections being back on, and the enable lens flare being back on. Happened if I logged out and came back. It did this several times during the week(since patch) BUT yesterday it didnt happen, so?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 04:59:32 PM by 1stpar3 »
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2017, 02:00:15 AM »
If you use the Task Manager to shut down processes, they will restart when you restart your computer. Further, unless you've disabled Fast Boot, if you shutdown your computer by pressing Shift and Shutdown simultaneously, it makes Windows (8&10) start from scratch instead of using potentially non-working settings from your last session.

Feel free to experiment with the Task Manager. If you feel suspicious about some process, do a Google search for it. When you find a process you don't need, there's ways to turn it permanently off. How, that depends on the process.
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 04:50:00 PM »
Thanks Bizman :aok  I guess I still worry about starting a Global Nuclear War :uhoh  I-just-want--to-play- a- game-- :bolt: I know,it was just a movie, but still :confused:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 09:02:37 PM »
But these issues are definitely patch-related, and have nothing to do with our Windows configurations.  I never had any issues prior to the latest update.

49Alpha

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 11:54:06 PM »
Right,I was coming from a post patch needing higher resources maybe. You are correct though,its only been since latest patch that this has happened.

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2017, 12:35:26 PM »
I repeat the trick of pressing Shift while shutting down Windows 8 or 10. Or better yet, disable Fast Startup permanently in the Power Management. Same thing.

The reason for doing that is, that if you have something gone awry, the default shutdown will consider that situation as a new normal and keep it alive forever until told otherwise.

Fast Startup is a variation of Hibernation. In layman's terms: There's a lazy little demon living inside your computer. At shutdown he makes a note about the current settings no matter if they're working or not. At startup he adjusts the system according to the note he wrote, including all the non-working settings. By disabling Fast Startup and Hibernation you will take his little notebook away, making him to use the Official Operator's Manual instead.

I'm not saying the above will help in your issues, but it's a good way to start fixing it.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 08:49:11 AM »
Bizman, I appreciate your attempt to help, but my Windows configuration is clean and fast startup is not enabled.  This is something with the latest patch, not a problem on the users end.  Aces High was running 100% perfection in VR until this patch, now bomb calibaration info is missing, frame rates are messed up in certain spots, colors are distorted in 2d mode, graphic settings keep resetting, and the hourglass appearing in VR (freezing the game) every 2 minutes is an in-game issue that I've never experienced before on any title.  The fact that we are all experiencing the same issue at the same time leads me to believe that it's not our power settings or Windows-related

49Alpha

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2017, 09:27:50 AM »
Yepp... as I said it may not help with your issue.

The reason I wanted to stress the importance of Fast Startup and/or shutting down pressing Shift simultaneously is that there has been issues concerning large masses, Windows being the culprit. On December 6th at about 5 PM many people lost their Internet connection nationwide and the fix was that told above. That's another example of experiencing the same issue at the same time. The rest of the week was golden for all techies! It happened to all ISP's independently of the technology used, WiFi, wired, mobile... The culprit was Windows 10 but there's been no information about what happened and why.

So even if it doesn't fix your issue, it might help someone else who doesn't know this trick. 

Kotisivuni