Author Topic: New patch = VR fail  (Read 871 times)

Offline nomad45

• Zinc Member
New patch = VR fail
« on: September 08, 2017, 04:05:23 PM »
Gents having some major issues and so is ADM22 with the new patch and oculus. Our frame rates have dropped thru the floor and its u playable almost. 30-40 FPS with a NVIDEA GEForce 1080TI.

Anyone else seeing this? Old version please lol? How can I fix this?

Nomad

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
Re: New patch = VR fail
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2017, 04:30:55 PM »
Try disabling the new VR screen switch option.  Options->Preferences->VR, then check the "Disable VR Auto Mode Swap".
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2017, 04:37:48 PM »
Try disabling the new VR screen switch option.  Options->Preferences->VR, then check the "Disable VR Auto Mode Swap".

That should be disable mirror in the vr menu.

Offline nomad45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2017, 05:00:07 PM »
It makes it no better or worse.  7 - 20 frames per second now... Adm22 got his into the 50's be disabling all graphics options but he shouldn't have to run the game at half visual presenation because of this patch should he?  I on the other hand have an unplayable game.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2017, 05:52:18 PM »

As Modeus said in another thread

"This is not what you think it is, I thought it was as well, but this makes the VR headset display identical images in both displays, removing the 3D effect. It has nothing to do with the part where I lift my headset off my head."
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2017, 06:42:36 PM »
Modeus was trying to to disable the auto mode switching. Different issue.

Offline modeus

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2017, 02:12:32 PM »
I've noticed that my Graphics options are reset every time I log in. I'm not sure if you were able to run with good FPS on the default settings, but I was/am not, I have to set my graphics settings to get a usable framerate every time I log in. Once I return to settings that are close to what they were before, my framerate is good.

As a positive point for me, I've learned what that I was taking more away from my graphics than I needed to, so it looks overall better... and I now have my graphics settings memorized.

Modeus

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2017, 04:14:37 PM »
I think that may be your VR_world file. Check that's it's not write protected.

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2017, 09:00:23 PM »
I've noticed that my Graphics options are reset every time I log in. I'm not sure if you were able to run with good FPS on the default settings, but I was/am not, I have to set my graphics settings to get a usable framerate every time I log in. Once I return to settings that are close to what they were before, my framerate is good.

As a positive point for me, I've learned what that I was taking more away from my graphics than I needed to, so it looks overall better... and I now have my graphics settings memorized.

Im having most of the same issues you are having, and its really frustrating.  But as far as the graphics constantly being switched, start aces high without the headset on and change the graphics to what you want, then go back in with the headset in vr mode and do the same.  your graphics settings should finally save
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"