Author Topic: Stats of top 10 planes from last Tour  (Read 10449 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: Stats of top 10 planes from last Tour
« Reply #15 on: September 09, 2017, 12:55:01 PM »
Here we are again talking about something that the owner of the game has said is not going to happen.  :rolleyes:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 09, 2017, 01:07:29 PM »
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 01:09:21 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2017, 01:18:26 PM »
I'm not here to fly two planes, and if I take a i-16 I have no realistic chances against all the late war planes.
Some say that they fly other planes,  numbers and facts don't lie, people fly what is in the top 10 list - late war planes because they are 'the best'.

As far as we know and despite your incessant attempts to change the game, you don't even play.  What is your game id?

ps: people do fly other planes, or didn't you check all the "numbers and facts"?

"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 01:27:50 PM »
If you want a fair equal fight you duel somebody in the same plane, same loadout, same altitude.

Which you will never meet anyone at same altitude, someone will always be higher or lower, he will not have same loadout, what you speak of is not realistic gameplay.

no I'm saying I am flying a 262 against a hundred brewster. at least a pony or a merrie is able to catch me in a dive

And that pony or merry would catch you just like it is now, what's the problem? Instead of 100 ponys  and 5 brewster there would be 40 ponys and 60 brewster.

you don't even play

I do play.

people do fly other planes, or didn't you check all the "numbers and facts"?

Numbers and statistics show that 90% of planes on arena are late war planes.  People might take other plane from time to time but that would 10%.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2017, 01:37:06 PM »
Which you will never meet anyone at same altitude, someone will always be higher or lower, he will not have same loadout, what you speak of is not realistic gameplay.

How would perking anything make for realistic game play? It only limits what newbies can do, the players least likely to be successful in unperked aircraft. You don't make sense.

Dueling is the only time you can expect any kind of fair match up. If you want realistic game play fly in a scenario.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2017, 01:41:15 PM »
It only limits what newbies can do, the players least likely to be successful in unperked aircraft. You don't make sense.

No it does not, because other people will fly also  early and mid war planes. There will be less late war planes, so newbies in an early mid plane will be facing other early and mid war planes instead of only flighting vs late war planes.

Offline Drano

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2017, 01:43:06 PM »
Heck I'm just glad the P-38L is apparently not the world crushing late war monster he told us it was! I can sleep at night now!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

"Drano"
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

FSO flying with the 412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline DH367th

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2017, 01:57:27 PM »
 :bhead
You don't have to be crazy but it helps

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #23 on: September 09, 2017, 02:11:58 PM »
No it does not, because other people will fly also  early and mid war planes. There will be less late war planes, so newbies in an early mid plane will be facing other early and mid war planes instead of only flighting vs late war planes.

You just made that up. Imagining things does not make a convincing argument. 

Vets accumulate perks without trying. Adding perk planes just makes it harder for newbies.

Try training.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 02:30:00 PM by FLS »

Offline nrshida

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #24 on: September 09, 2017, 02:25:00 PM »
What is your game id?

Don't tell him Cybro!  :old:
”It's a shame that he's gone, but the shame is entirely his”
HiTech 2 - Skyyr 0

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #25 on: September 09, 2017, 02:31:53 PM »
Y'all keep asking for his gameid (if he has one)

Threads/posts like this is why I had wished that when a player registers a new online account that they also at the same time should have to register for the AH message boards having their gameid tied to it...to where it shows up in a AH message boards user name profile...and if they change their gameid, the new one is added....

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2017, 02:37:26 PM »
Nug, I think you are going on the wrong direction here. How about instead of limiting things, you open them up a bit:

I.E: Remove perks for 262/tempest/b29/etc and only allow them to be upped at the rearmost fields.

That way, it requires some time investment, but makes it more accessible for newbies.

This is just an example of course and not something that has been completely planned out (I wouldn't know how to do that anyways).
Who knows that kind of mayhem could arise from such a setup.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 02:42:49 PM by AAIK »

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2017, 02:41:13 PM »
I'll disagree again TC.  :salute

Discuss the idea not the poster.

Offline haggerty

• Silver Member
      • Facebook
« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2017, 02:43:16 PM »
I seem to remember in Air Warrior 2 or 3, for the Axis vs Allies server your team had a limited number of certain planes and once you lost them you couldnt up them anymore.  I still remember an instance I was using a 262 and I had to go somewhere for a few hours.  I just sat on the runway at a rear field and when I came back my team had long been at 0 available 262...I was able to own the skies for the rest of the night.
It would be interesting if there was a daily limit on certain planes by player instead of team, I don't imagine that will ever happen as some one plane wonders would be extremely pissed if they couldn't lose more than two P51D's a day. 
I've thought about doing a month were I only get one planes of each type, if I die in the plane I cant fly it the rest of the month.
-Ninja250, -Spectre, -UBerHAGS, -FieroGT, -Haggerty, -Hellcat -Misawa, -Gloom -Nobunaga -Cobrakai

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2017, 02:44:31 PM »

Numbers and statistics show that 90% of planes on arena are late war planes.  People might take other plane from time to time but that would 10%.

So you say the statistics provided by HiTech are wrong?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman