Author Topic: Stats of top 10 planes from last Tour  (Read 10434 times)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Re: Stats of top 10 planes from last Tour
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2017, 02:44:47 PM »
Nug, I think you are going on the wrong direction here. How about instead of limiting things, you open them up a bit:

I.E: Remove perks for 262/tempest/b29/etc and only allow them to be upped at the rearmost fields.

That way, it requires some time investment, but makes it more accessible for newbies.

This is just an example of course and not something that has been completely planned out (I wouldn't know how to do that anyways).
Who knows that kind of mayhem could arise from such a setup.

Your idea limits what players with perks can currently do. 

Consider that there may not be a good example of a bad idea.

Offline AAIK

• Nickel Member
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2017, 02:47:33 PM »
Your idea limits what players with perks can currently do. 

Consider that there may not be a good example of a bad idea.

Hmm, didn't think of that.

I guess its *less* limiting I suppose.

Do you have any additions to this convo that may be better? I am sure there is someone out there with a really good idea that just hasn't been written down yet.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2017, 02:48:45 PM »
I.E: Remove perks for 262/tempest/b29/etc and only allow them to be upped at the rearmost fields.

It's a piece of cake for the 262 to fly 4 sectors and refuel at the front. The B-29 generally lifts from rear fields anyway.
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2017, 02:51:22 PM »
Hmm, didn't think of that.

I guess its *less* limiting I suppose.

Do you have any additions to this convo that may be better? I am sure there is someone out there with a really good idea that just hasn't been written down yet.

My idea is have a discussion forum where anyone can post their ideas about the game.  :aok

My specific suggestion for the OP is get some training and learn to fly and fight.

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2017, 02:51:38 PM »
I'll disagree again TC.  :salute

Discuss the idea not the poster.

I in the past had made the wish.... It has really nothing to do with the poster, my original wishing had more to do regarding Training request being made,  being one of the main reasons... Another reason being that it has been said for years that only about 10% of the player  base actually participate on the AH community message boards...there are a few more different reasons...but wanted to explain my reasoning for the wish....

It is not to single out a person or player....

~S~

TC
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2017, 03:07:10 PM »
TC the only thing it does is single out the user. Your reasons are why you want the information. They don't change the potential for abusing the player for not agreeing with the bullies.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2017, 03:13:04 PM »

If this is done, I will do nothing but fly 262's.  Is this your intention?
Wag more, bark less.

Offline Zoney

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2017, 03:14:02 PM »
Y'all keep asking for his gameid (if he has one)

Threads/posts like this is why I had wished that when a player registers a new online account that they also at the same time should have to register for the AH message boards having their gameid tied to it...to where it shows up in a AH message boards user name profile...and if they change their gameid, the new one is added....

TC

+1
Wag more, bark less.

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2017, 03:17:36 PM »

So you say the statistics provided by HiTech are wrong?

Lol they are the same statistics, these statistics will be the same at the end of month...... go the the statistics page from this month, the same planes are already taking the spot.

I don't understand how one can argue vs statistics which is mathematics which cannot be wrong. I'm not talking about some ideas which I came up in my head, i'm talking about facts which statistics back up from the aces high main webpage for crying out loud.

1 + 1 = 2  right ?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 03:24:00 PM by nugetx »

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2017, 03:35:19 PM »
Lol they are the same statistics, these statistics will be the same at the end of month...... go the the statistics page from this month, the same planes are already taking the spot.

The webstatistics don't show what players are flying.
Your claim is: 90% Late war, 10%  Mid- and Early War.

HiTech posted the sortie stats. When I add up the EW & MW planes, I get 40% sorties for them. Not 10%.

But of course you already know that. When HT posted that info in the thread of yours, you fell basically silent for a couple of days. Now you are back, making the same claims out of thin air while completely ignoring the actual data that has been posted.

I don't understand how one can argue vs statistics which is mathematics which cannot be wrong.

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Crash Orange

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2017, 03:37:29 PM »
Late war planes unbalance the game compared to mid war and early war planes. Mid war planes unbalance the game compared to early war planes.
Late war planes are better than mid war planes,  mid war planes are better than early war planes (faster, better climb, more guns, higher calibre, better energy retention etc).
That is why everyone is flying late war planes, because they are 'the best' without a cost, so everyone is able to fly them (you don't see 262 163 and Tempest very often and that is how it should be with late war planes and mid war planes, you should see them more than 262 but not as much as we currently do)

And if you perked all the late war planes everyone would fly mid war planes and those would be the top ten. Nothing will have changed unless you just prefer the mid war plane set and want to make everyone fly mid war. You still haven't explained why arbitrarily forcing everyone to fly mid war planes would be better.

The thing is, for most of its history this game HAD an arena where mid war planes were the standard rides and late war planes were either absent or perked... and people stayed away in droves. The late war arena had literally hundreds of times as many players as the early and mid war arenas did. The main people who showed up in early and mid war were there to farm perks and avoid combat at all costs. The players spoke, and they wanted late war planes. If you prefer something else, that's fine, but who are you to force your preferences on a community that has overwhelmingly chosen something else?

Idealy it would be best if all the planes were perked starting from early war planes and you would be accumulating points for the higher tier planes,once you unlock a better plane you get a few uses of it and while you have your uses you retain the points so you can move forward to the 262, the later war plane the less uses and if you use up your uses of the plane the points get reset and you go again from early war plane.

No, no, no, no, -10,0000 no. The LACK of such a system is why I prefer AH to all the awful pay-to-win "World of" games out there. The perk system is already bad enough. The people with the uber, uber rides are exactly the ones who need them the least, and keeping the points if you land safely means that people fly 262s and Tempests in such a way as to never, ever take the slightest risk of dying (which, with a plane that goes 550mph, is not that hard to do). And I can't think of a better way to ruin any hope of new players sticking with the game than forcing them to fly Ki-43s and I-16s while the veteran players zoom around in jets and other late war monsters.

I wouldn't mind seeing a rolling plane set (but the same for everyone), or maybe a different plane set defined for each map, but again, players have indicated they want the late war planes and there's no good reason to force your or my preferences on everyone else.

If you haven't done so, I'd urge you to try the various historical events which have their own plane set appropriate to the battle being depicted and which are designed with balanced fights in mind.

(On another subject, game IDs, I gave up years ago asking Skuzzy to change my forum account to "Loki". The problem is, you need to register to read the forum, and a lot of people, like i did, want to read the forum and even be able to ask questions before starting their online account, and the parameters for forum account names are less restrictive than the game. When I signed up for this account I had no idea I wouldn't be able to be Crash Orange in the game, and "Crshorng" would just have been unpronounceable. That's why my avatar pic says "Loki" in big red gothic letters, but some people still don't seem to make the connection.)

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2017, 03:46:19 PM »

I don't understand how one can argue vs statistics which is mathematics which cannot be wrong. I'm not talking about some ideas which I came up in my head, i'm talking about facts which statistics back up from the aces high main webpage for crying out loud.

1 + 1 = 2  right ?

It doesn't equal perking more planes. There is no good reason to add perks to change the usage statistics.

Offline Mongoose

• Silver Member
      • Kentwood Station
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2017, 03:47:49 PM »
Nugetx, Aces High is the game I want to play.  The game you want Aces High to be is not the game that Hitech wants to produce, and it is not the game I want to play.  Your suggestions would NOT improve the game. 

Making suggestions is one thing.  It is way past time you stop telling Hitech that he's doing it wrong.  Because he is, in fact, doing it right.

:salute Hitech.
My Aces High fan site:
www.kentwoodstation.com

Offline JimmyC

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2017, 04:01:21 PM »
Nuggs.. tell us your in game name..i want to check your stats and see what you fly?
CO 71 "Eagle" Squadron RAF
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy."

Offline lunatic1

• Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2017, 04:16:07 PM »
Numbers and statistics show that 90% of planes on arena are late war planes.  People might take other plane from time to time but that would 10%.

so freakin what.
C.O. of the 173rd Guardian Angels---Don't fire until you can see the whites of their eyes...Major devereux(The Battle Of Wake Island-1941.
R.I.P.49GRIN/GRIN-R.I.P. WWHISKEY R.I.P WIZZY R.I.P.