Author Topic: frame rates drop after patch  (Read 1341 times)

Offline nomad45

• Zinc Member
frame rates drop after patch
« on: September 09, 2017, 12:14:19 PM »
Gents,

to clarify my earlier report.  My frame rates have gone to garbage since the new patch.  I am also receiving the floating hourglass while in game.

i7 6850 @ 3.6 ghz
32 gigs of ram
ge force 1080ti
plenty of available space on drive and all drivers are up to date.

I usually run about 170-180 fps while flying and about 160 in menus. I am now running in the teens since your new update!  I have reset my graphic settings and tried vr vs non vr.  I have also made a fresh reinstall and still I can barely run this game anymore.  Help me diagnose and fix this problem please!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 01:27:56 PM by nomad45 »

Offline nomad45

• Zinc Member
Re: frame rates drop after patch
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2017, 12:27:51 PM »

Offline nomad45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 12:29:00 PM »
sorry for poor image quality.. but you can see the stutters etc.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2017, 12:44:07 PM »
Did you post a dxdiag?  Do you have Win10? Did it recently update?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2017, 12:53:23 PM »
I may be missing something here, but where does the pincushion distortion come from?
Quote from: BaldEagl, applies to myself, too
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline nomad45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2017, 01:11:17 PM »
Attached is dxdiag output.. I am running windows 10

distortion is I am running an oculus.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 01:24:09 PM by nomad45 »

Offline nomad45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2017, 01:12:14 PM »
do I need to run dxdiag while game is running?

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2017, 01:15:39 PM »
do I need to run dxdiag while game is running?

No. It's a thing to tell what drivers you have installed plus other information about your gear.
I've got an older system by today's standards that still runs the game well by my standards.

Kotisivuni

Offline Bizman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2017, 01:32:08 PM »
To start with, you might want to disable in the Device Manager and then uninstall the Nvidia High Definition Audio unless you really need that to push audio through your monitor speakers using a HDMI cable. In that case consider disabling and uninstalling the Realtek audio. Also, unless you're using VR or a 3D monitor (which yours isn't, as far as I could tell by the specs), with or without dedicated 3D glasses, you might want to uninstall the Nvidia 3D drivers as well. The screenshot looks like you're having some sort of 3D effects on. - Which actually makes me wonder if you have some 3D settings enabled in the game video settings, too!

Another helpful thing might be to install the drivers for your monitor: http://www.dell.com/support/home/en/us/fibsdt1/product-support/product/dell-s2418hn-monitor/drivers?os=wt64a.

[edit] In another thread I saw that you're using VR. That might explain the pincushion distortion. Still, for what I understand, you won't need the 3D Vision drivers for VR, they're for 3D glasses (red-green and such)
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 01:36:41 PM by Bizman »

Kotisivuni

Offline nomad45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2017, 01:56:20 PM »
I made those changes.. no change.. This happened with the newest update.. anyway to get a previous version of aces high 3 to install and compare against?

This is frustrating as I have been a loyal customer for a while now.. I appreciate any help yall can give....

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2017, 02:08:28 PM »
You don't need the nvidia 3D drivers, they are for 3D monitors only. Also no need for nvidia sound drivers since you have the Realtek and Rift for sound.

Try renaming your settings file to "old settings" so AH creates a new one to see if that helps.

C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hitech-creations-aces-high\settings

I tried the regular AH3, Steam AH3 and Oculus AH3 and they all work properly with the new version. When the office opens on Monday Skuzzy or Hitech may have some more suggestions for you.

Bisman the screwy part of the video is that it's showing the desktop in the VR window instead of just the VR mirror.

Offline nomad45

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2017, 02:40:59 PM »
Gents this one is solved.  If anyone else is experiencing some frame rate drop after the update.  I was able to fix both adm22 and myself with some great help from the gents above. 

Simply go into Nvidea Control Panel and reset to default all 3d settings.  I had some global settings that were significantly impacting my display quality.  I now run 90 FPS on the deck and 130 fps at altitude on Oculus with the sdk tool set to 2.0 and all graphics options maxxed out!  Hourglass is also gone in game!!!!

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2017, 02:57:31 PM »
 :aok

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: September 10, 2017, 05:04:05 PM »
You don't need the nvidia 3D drivers, they are for 3D monitors only. Also no need for nvidia sound drivers since you have the Realtek and Rift for sound.

Try renaming your settings file to "old settings" so AH creates a new one to see if that helps.

C:\Program Files\Oculus\Software\Software\hitech-creations-aces-high\settings

I tried the regular AH3, Steam AH3 and Oculus AH3 and they all work properly with the new version. When the office opens on Monday Skuzzy or Hitech may have some more suggestions for you.

Bisman the screwy part of the video is that it's showing the desktop in the VR window instead of just the VR mirror.
Thats how my monitor displays when in VR all the time. The mirror is on over top of desktop, but narrow and tall. That was the problem about recording through shadow play. It records what is on monitor display but it has the desktop also. Wish the mirror screen would COVER whole screen. Think his film was just at a wonky screen size by the way.
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2017, 05:37:51 PM »
Thats how my monitor displays when in VR all the time. The mirror is on over top of desktop, but narrow and tall. That was the problem about recording through shadow play. It records what is on monitor display but it has the desktop also. Wish the mirror screen would COVER whole screen. Think his film was just at a wonky screen size by the way.

That's normal. You're seeing the  aspect ratio of one VR screen on your monitor. When the two VR screens are combined the aspect ratio is landscape instead of portrait.

The problem Nomad had was showing the desktop inside the VR mirror instead of behind it. He fixed that by unchecking the 3D driver in nVidia's control panel.