Author Topic: How are the numbers now?  (Read 20531 times)

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
Re: How are the numbers now?
« Reply #150 on: September 19, 2017, 03:02:29 PM »
I for one think Vraciu is genuine in his requests and suggestions.  Whatever, Hitech doesn't wan't to do it, his million dollar investment and virtual living room, so be it.

Thanks man.  They are genuine.   I don't have all the data, or as we pilots say, "The Big Picture."    But as we learn in CRM two heads are better than one.  If anything I write just happens to spark a good idea for Hitech or Skuzzy then I will be thrilled.

If I didn't care I wouldn't still be here.  I certainly wouldn't have given myself carpal tunnel syndrome (LITERALLY) making skins for free to help make the game better.

I'm on Hitech's side.   He sometimes thinks otherwise it seems.   No offense is intended or implied toward him or anyone else.

:salute
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline ACE

• Platinum Member
« Reply #151 on: September 19, 2017, 03:35:55 PM »
That million dollar investment brought me tons of fun. Times have changed. The game hasn't. Obviously the numbers declining has proved that. Letting the game sit here like it is now will only dwindle the customer base. It's your money we are jus suggesting ideas. I thank you for your responses Hitech. Good luck.
Sixth Tri-Annual Dueling Bracket Champion

The Few

-Spek

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #152 on: September 19, 2017, 03:56:31 PM »
That million dollar investment brought me tons of fun. Times have changed. The game hasn't. Obviously the numbers declining has proved that. Letting the game sit here like it is now will only dwindle the customer base. It's your money we are jus suggesting ideas. I thank you for your responses Hitech. Good luck.

There is no basis in reality that we  let the "Game sit here like it is now".

By making that statement you are insulting the thing i do day in and day out.

Go suck an egg.

HiTech

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #153 on: September 19, 2017, 04:23:08 PM »

By making that statement you are insulting the thing i do day in and day out.

Go suck an egg.

HiTech

Ahhhh wish I had room in my Sig.  :banana:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
« Reply #154 on: September 19, 2017, 04:27:22 PM »
What's the lowest rank anyone has seen lately?

"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 19, 2017, 04:28:48 PM »
What's the lowest rank anyone has seen lately?

3300ish
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #156 on: September 19, 2017, 04:38:46 PM »
Once more a pleonasm.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 19, 2017, 04:58:00 PM »
You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Wasn't that some kind of sea dinosaur?

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #158 on: September 19, 2017, 05:07:21 PM »
3300ish

Thanks Lusche.... That's up 600+ from the last I saw several weeks ago
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 19, 2017, 05:14:52 PM »
Thanks Lusche.... That's up 600+ from the last I saw several weeks ago

Many trial accounts.

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: September 19, 2017, 05:20:57 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:05:28 AM by Skuzzy »
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline Vraciu

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #161 on: September 19, 2017, 05:26:36 PM »
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 09:05:41 AM by Skuzzy »
”KILLER V”
Charter Member of the P-51 Mustang Skin Mafia
King of the Hill Champ, Tour 219
The Damned
King of the Hill Win Percentage - 100 (1 Win, 0 Losses)

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: September 19, 2017, 05:27:20 PM »
Yep, but it still gives an approximation of sorts as to how many are playing in the MA. If one checks it throughout each coming month, you can get an idea of if people are subscribing or not.....nothing exact or guaranteed, but similar to say a barometer of fluctuation in players playing in the MA....

Offline nugetx

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #163 on: September 20, 2017, 12:49:39 AM »

Sir, I know you are working hard behind the scenes, but us players who like your game sometimes need a visible morale boost, and the low player numbers on arena is not exactly a morale booster.

That's why we - the players, are giving you suggestions, we are also the paying customers, the paying customers of today and not the ones from 10 years ago who are already not subscribed and not playing.I'm sure the old timers who were supporting you for this whole time would still continue to support you on this endeavor.
While they are here, you have to remember that we 'new players' are also here, and if the game is to have more players, there needs to be more new players.

I'm positive if new things were tried on a weekly basis on arena, for a short period of time, no one would 'unsubscribe' but people would be logging in, to check those changes, and giving you feedback on it - to make the game better, we all play it after all.

If people would not like the changes whatever they might be, everything can be rolled back, no harm done, but a lot can be gained.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 01:08:37 AM by nugetx »

Offline TequilaChaser

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #164 on: September 20, 2017, 05:38:43 AM »
No offense nugetx,

How ever way you think your last post above about trying new things because of new players (subscribed) is telling of your true lack of knowledge about this particular type of mmo genre of WWII Air Combat and land/sea battles

HiTech as you should already know has been in the WWII air combat mmog business for over 30+ years and has seen every idea posted most tested and he knows what his subscribing customers want/desire and what ideas don't work

As for giving moral boost to this game's community, Hitech and HTC have never stopped giving moral boost since he opened Aces High for open beta in mid/late 1999

Cheers

TC

Edit: I wonder how many people would subscribe if they had the preference/option to open a small window for their Facebook and/or another small window for twitter or Instagram

People these days are addicted to Social media like a drug addict to heroine...everyone you see has some type of device in hand or on their computer and constantly on Social media, 24/7 even while they are working and playing games...heh
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 05:55:17 AM by TequilaChaser »