Author Topic: Has this issue been acknowledged?  (Read 1799 times)

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
Has this issue been acknowledged?
« on: September 12, 2017, 12:31:31 PM »
I hate to be a pest, but have we acknowledged the problems that many users are facing after the latest patch from 9/8?  I feel like the issues haven't really been discussed or responded to.

One being, the hourglass problem for VR users where it appears every few minutes and freezes the game?  Another issue is the distorted graphics and missing bomb calibration information in 2D desktop mode when the headset is taken off. Have these problems been recreated by HTC, or is it being worked on at all?
:airplane:

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Has this issue been acknowledged?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2017, 01:28:25 PM »
We do not normally comment on bug posts.

Some of what you post is the first post I have seen the issue posted.

Such as

missing bomb calibration
and
distorted graphics. I have no idea what you are referring to on this.

HiTech

Offline subarubren

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 03:27:41 PM »
ive been getting this tonight, game freezes for a few seconds while using the rift, hour glass appears like its loading something? also my map doesnt load anymore just shows a couple of planes and maybe two bases?

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 03:49:12 PM »
Think we were discussing it on wrong page :headscratch:   This was my isssue copy/paste from Tech issues page,sorry about that :uhohThis was a post from different thread, but this is were it probably should have been posted :uhoh  My experiences with the "Hour Glass" issue.   To, the "Hour Glass" issue from a previous reply. I am having the same issue. Previously with using VR, the micro freezes/stutters were way less in number.NOW, they are really ramped up. Only now I get freeze frames with the "Hour Glass" showing up for up to 2 seconds at worst and 1/2 second at least. I get them mostly after looking back to right(more so than back to left), I believe this MAY be due to having the clip board open on right side wing area? I also get the smaller freezes after using VOX,window for Name of transmitter is also on right side. The rare instances of looking left and getting the small freeze is only when I am looking left and expand the "Text Buffer" window. Yes, I paid attention! Wrote down every little instance and what I did just before the freezes! In 4 hours yesterday I had 37 of these instances. 21 longer than 1 second with 19 of those back to right view change. :uhoh  I dont want to Hijack the thread, but IF this is because of a resource issue What can safely be turned off, IE in background possesses in TASK MANAGER. Am I safe to experiment with questionable processes? Meaning turn something off(that IS needed) and restart computer so process restarts and just try again,but keep that one on? Get nervous about that sort of thing :uhoh   I also had some settings that would change from earlier changes. Was reflections being back on, and the enable lens flare being back on. Happened if I logged out and came back. It did this several times during the week(since patch) BUT yesterday it didnt happen, so?
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 04:19:08 PM »
We do not normally comment on bug posts.

Some of what you post is the first post I have seen the issue posted.

Such as

missing bomb calibration
and
distorted graphics. I have no idea what you are referring to on this.

HiTech

Ok.  So there are 2 main issues since the latest update.

1. The hourglass appears every two minutes in VR while flying.  The game pauses for a second and this hourglass appears, then it goes away. 

2. When I take the headset off, the graphics on the 2D monitor are strange looking, not low res, but discolored.  The worst part of this is when you go into F6 bombsight and go to calibrate, all the red and yellow text on the upper left (bomb calibration information) is completely missing.  So bombing with the headset off doesn't work.

49Alpha

"We, not they, will win the final battle; and we, not they, will make the final peace!"

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2017, 03:14:32 AM »
NK, were you on last evening(Tues)? Not sure why it is, as I havent changed a thing, but in 5 hours I saw a dramatic drop in the freeze/hour glass issue. Monday in 3 hours I had 55 hourglass-pause anomalies, last evening, only 10. Now I am stumped, no changes made and fewer anomalies? Only difference from Monday I can think of is that I didnt have mouse controls(view) turned off(to get rid of the cursor ball). Also didnt fly with clipboard up as much.  :headscratch:
"Life is short,break the rules,forgive quickly,kiss slowly,love truly,laugh uncontrollably,and never regret anything that made you smile."  “The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why.”- Mark Twain

Offline N95KF

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2017, 12:19:00 PM »
I was but they haven't released any patches or fixes so I think its just a coincidence.  I had a flight not too long ago that was a few hours and it didn't popup, but then it did and continued to do so every few minutes.  Then again this morning it started pretty early in the flight.  But the other half of that issue is the bomb calibration information is missing in f6 mode.  Perhaps that had something to do with the change in lighting that was done in the last patch?

49Alpha

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2017, 02:28:38 AM »
I can confirm that when you disable Auto VR Mode Swap the VR mode changes to what was called the mono vision option in an earlier version of Aces High 3. This is most noticeable by the gunsight reticles, one for each eye, changing to a single reticle. Enabling Auto VR Mode Swap returns you to 3D mode.

The only distorted graphics I see are when setting the opening screen to full size and disabling Auto VR Mode Swap, the opening screen is stretched like it kept the aspect ratio of the small window but was stretched to fit the full screen.

As I mentioned elsewhere I also see the pause and hourglass with Auto VR Mode Swap enabled but not as often as others have reported.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2017, 04:46:48 AM »
I can confirm that when you disable Auto VR Mode Swap the VR mode changes to what was called the mono vision option in an earlier version of Aces High 3. This is most noticeable by the gunsight reticles, one for each eye, changing to a single reticle. Enabling Auto VR Mode Swap returns you to 3D mode.

The only distorted graphics I see are when setting the opening screen to full size and disabling Auto VR Mode Swap, the opening screen is stretched like it kept the aspect ratio of the small window but was stretched to fit the full screen.

As I mentioned elsewhere I also see the pause and hourglass with Auto VR Mode Swap enabled but not as often as others have reported.
Yeah, the hour glass thing seems a bit irregular. The other day it was barely happening, next day it can be 4 or 5 times a sortie. So like every 5 minutes or so. I have been keeping notes and the majority of instances happen when changing zoom or views(hat switch for helping check your 6), with second most being when using Coms.  Its not consistent at all! So I am stumped.

Offline Randy1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2017, 07:06:21 AM »
Now the freezes have invaded VR as well as white screen freezes requiring AH restarts.  They are not as often as regular AH.

Hitech,  I think they started with the patch before last.  I thought it was just my system.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2017, 06:47:13 PM »
I have yet to experience the "White Screen" freeze. Not complaining, mind ya :x In fact, cant remember ant TOTAL freezes at all. Well, where I had to Task manager out of game. The freezes do pick up in numbers after taking head set off. I would say by a factor of at least 4 :uhoh

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2017, 07:21:42 PM »
I flew the DCS Huey for the first time since the last Oculus update and saw the same pause and hourglass I'm seeing in Aces High. IIRC the Oculus update was concurrent with the AH update where the hourglass was first mentioned.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2017, 02:13:55 PM »
I flew the DCS Huey for the first time since the last Oculus update and saw the same pause and hourglass I'm seeing in Aces High. IIRC the Oculus update was concurrent with the AH update where the hourglass was first mentioned.
Were you in the Newer DCS, 2.whatever the latest patch was Or 1.whatever. I found the pauses in 2.0 ESPECIALLY the Normandy theater had the stutter and pause MUCH worse than in AH.  Their forums are full of complaints about it with not much as far as answers go. Must be a universal windows/directx issue? Tech is just out running developers or the other way around. Its not just us in AH though, which makes ME feel better about being patient :cheers:

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2017, 03:34:40 PM »
I'm thinking it's an Oculus issue. I don't recall seeing the hourglass except in VR.

DCS was never as smooth as AH even before VR but it's a nice cockpit switch trainer and helicopter and jet sim.

Offline 1stpar3

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 02:59:06 PM »
I'm thinking it's an Oculus issue. I don't recall seeing the hourglass except in VR.

DCS was never as smooth as AH even before VR but it's a nice cockpit switch trainer and helicopter and jet sim.
Could be? I dont use oculus in DCS...NO HAT SWITCH lol Its hard enough to see Bandits as it is,LET ALONE with VR Talk about stutters and freezes! DCS is almost un flyable in Normandy on 2.0. Thank You HTC. It definitely blows up the "HTC doesnt care or fix" types that POOPOO Aces High You guys have been on top of alot of problems :rock